main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Namesake (Anakin Solo trades places with Anakin Skywalker, and Valin Horn with Valin Halcyon-07-01)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by padawan lunetta, Apr 13, 2009.

1. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    Author's Notes: This crazy idea came to me whilst walking home from work one day, and I decided to see if I could make it work. It's going to be a short story. It takes take place in both the Old Republic and New Republic, so I wasn't certain where to stick it. But Beyond will do.

I haven't read any books past the NJO series, and probably never will. So please pardon my old fashioned characterizations. ;)

This story takes place after Rebirththe Vong are destroyed, and the Jedi have taken up headquarters in Coruscant. Also, I have made the Corellian Jedi a separate order than the Coruscant Jedi, because that was how I understood it to have worked from I, Jedi. (Also I never read the book with Anakin and Nejaa...but it's referenced, a little bit here.)

Timeframe: post Rebirth, post Attack of the Clones

Special thanks to Inara for agreeing to beta this beast!

Characters:

Old Replubic:

Obi-Wan Kenobi

Nejaa Halcyon

Jedi Council Members

Scerra Halcyon

Nyche

High Chancellor Palpatine

Anakin Skywalker

Valin Halcyon

New Republic:

Luke Skywalker

Mara Jade Skywalker

Han and Leia

Jacen and Jaina

Corran, Mirax, and Jysella Horn

Anakin Solo

Valin Horn

Kyp Durron

Title: Namesake

PM List:

MiralukaJedi

YodaKenobi

MsLanna

DarthVetinari

tahiriveilax

Allana_Djo_Solo

jacensolofangirl2007

jacen200015

Niju

Ultima_1

brodiew

Rew

LittleMissNightsaber

Lady_Misty

morrison85

Anime_Jedi

Force_Chick

JediFalcon

SilverWolf77

Mommy

AndY_SolO

frankieskywalker

JediRowan

Lady_Jade

SithOverlord101 likes this.
  2. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    Chapter One:

Valin Horn knew that he shouldn?t be exploring the lower levels of Coruscant. But Master Skywalker had sent the Solo kids on a mission to find a missing artifact, and he wanted to see what it was. Keeping his shields strong, he crept after the Solos, keeping a safe distance. The artifact was rumored to have the ability to take a person back in time, but no one was certain how it worked. Valin knew what he would do if he could go back in time. He would stop his grandfather from dying. That was bound to make his father happy, wouldn?t it?

He entered a small, dusty chamber. Anakin and Jacen Solo were in there, standing in front of a tiny, glowing Crystal. Jacen noticed him immediately. ?Valin Horn! What are you doing here??

?I just wanted to see the Crystal,? Valin said, edging his way further into the room. ?Do you think it actually works??

Jacen shook his head. ?I doubt it. Transport you back in a time for a day? Impossible.? He peered closer at the Crystal. ?And if it does work, it could be dangerous.? His dark brown eyes met Valin?s. ?Someone has to take your place.?

?Can I take a closer look?? Valin asked, getting closer to the Crystal.

?What would you do if you could go back in time?? Anakin Solo asked softly, touching the Crystal.

?I?d prevent my grandfather?s death,? Valin said, touching the other side of the Crystal.

?I?d prevent my grandfather from causing death,? Anakin Solo said, and the Crystal exploded.

Coruscant, Old Republic

Anakin Skywalker paced the meditation chamber, his blue eyes focusing on the Transportation Crystal. ?Do you think it works, Valin??

Valin shrugged, sitting casually against the wall. ?I don?t know. And I don?t think we should be testing it.?

?We found it, Valin, it?s our right,? Anakin said, his eyes blazing momentarily. ?Obi-Wan says that we should probably wait for Master Yoda to examine it first.? He came over to the Crystal, studying it carefully. ?If you could visit the future, what would you want to see??

?I don?t know,? Valin said, coming over to glance at the Crystal. ?I haven?t really considered it before.?

?Maybe your future wife??

Valin shook his head. ?If I saw who she was, I?d feel like I was cheating on her every time I took a girl out.?

?Do you date often?? Anakin asked, eyebrow raised.

?Whenever I have time.?

Anakin pursed his lips, suppressing a protest. He didn?t feel that it was fair that the Corellian Jedi were free to love, where he was not. Valin didn?t disagree with him. He was quite glad to not be a Coruscanti Jedi, but he wasn?t about to mention that to Anakin. There was already a rift between Anakin and Obi-Wan, and Valin didn?t want to help make it grow.

Valin cleared his throat. ?And what would you want to see, Anakin??

Anakin touched the Crystal. ?Exactly how I am meant to balance the Force.?

?I see,? Valin said, not quite surprised. If he was a Jedi of prophecy like Anakin, he would probably want to know how to balance the Force as well. He noticed a soft light flickering in the Crystal, and reached out to touch it. ?How do you think it works?? he asked, just as the Crystal disappeared in a flash of blinding light.

Nejaa Halcyon looked forward to gathering up Valin and heading home to Corellia. He had never been fond of the city world, and it?s politics. ?How do you feel about our apprentices finding the Crystal, Obi-Wan??

Obi-Wan, walking on Nejaa?s right, shook his head. ?I am afraid my padawan will use it.?

?I don?t think it actually works.?

?Things that shouldn?t work often do around Anakin,? Obi-Wan said, walking swiftly. ?I told him that he should let Master Yoda examine it first?,? his words trailed off, and he exchanged an alarmed glance with Nejaa. ?Do you feel that??

Nejaa nodded, taking off at a run. He had lost sense of Valin in the Force. Either his son was shielding well, or he was suddenly not there. He ran into the meditation

3. MiralukaJedi

MiralukaJedi Jedi Knight star 4

May 15, 2008
    Hmm...this sounds interesting and I'd love to see how this goes. Do you have a PM list for this one?

4. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    I haven't read any books past the NJO series, and probably never will.

You are very wise.

?What would you do if you could go back in time?? Anakin Solo asked softly, touching the Crystal.
    ?I?d prevent my grandfather?s death,? Valin said, touching the other side of the Crystal.
    ?I?d prevent my grandfather from causing death,? Anakin Solo said, and the Crystal exploded.

Really love that interchange. Definitely shows how Anakin is still eaten up by his namesake's history.

?I don?t know,? Valin said, coming over to glance at the Crystal. ?I haven?t really considered it before.?
    ?Maybe your future wife??
    Valin shook his head. ?If I saw who she was, I?d feel like I was cheating on her every time I took a girl out.?

[face_laugh]

So it seemed Valin would have a daughter who married a Horn?

A natural conclusion for poor Nejaa to make. Too bad he's way off :p

Anakin Solo hesitated. ?You?re angry with me, Master Kenobi.?
    Obi-Wan sighed. ?Not with you, young Anakin.?
    ?With my grandfather, then. Why??
    ?He?s broken the code,? Obi-Wan said stiffly, leading the way out of the chamber. ?Are you coming Nejaa??
    ?Yes,? Nejaa said, gesturing for Valin to follow him. He could understand why Obi-Wan was upset. If Anakin Skywalker had a grandson, he obviously broke the code against love.

This is easily the most creative way of Anakin getting busted for marrying Padmé that I've ever heard of.

Really liking the whole concept here.

?Garm, there is something that could potentially destroy the Jedi, will nearly destroy the Jedi, and you don?t think we should know about it??

I'm really loving this. Can't wait for Anakin Skywalker to find out that he's the cause of it all.

This is a great fic, padawan lunetta =D= A really original idea. I like how much thought you've given to how the characters would interact and what would confuse them about their respect time periods.

Can you PM me when you update?

Anyway, excellent work :D

5. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Yay - you've posted it. [face_dancing]

This such a fun story, luney, and the dialogue is, as always, absolutely on the button. I also like the way you characterise the 4 youngsters so that they behave just the way we'd expect. I like thet Valin Horn and Anakin Solo are a bit more open and honest than their namesakes. :D So the older two are now Cliegg Lars and Garm Idanion. LOL Oh lordy.

?Things that shouldn?t work often do around Anakin,? Obi-Wan said,
    Well said. =D= And of course the same can be said for the grandson.

?You must be ol? Republic Jedi??

Valin jabbed his thumb toward Anakin. ?He is.?

?You?re not?? Jacen asked, surprised.

?He?s Corellian,? Anakin said, shaking his head. ?They think they?re better.?

?We try not to boast,? Valin admitted.

:D That was hilarious.

?I don?t know,? Valin said slowly. ?Will we be able to stop it if we know? And if we do manage to stop it, will something worse take it?s place??
    I'm liking Valin Snr. He has common sense.

A good question at the end there about whether balance was indeed achieved.

This is a great idea. Can't wait to see what happens. It could get very complicated. :)

6. Inara

Inara Jedi Master star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    Luney! [:D]

This is even better the second time I'm reading it! Valin I and II are so :*, and you know how I adore Anakin II. As for Anakin I...well, I know in your hands that you'll make me change my mind about him.

You already know how excited I am (as I always am about anything you write [face_love]), so I'll pull a line out of your book and say...

Need. More. NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    MiralukaJedi:

Hmm...this sounds interesting and I'd love to see how this goes. Do you have a PM list for this one? Thank you for reading! And sure...I can start a PM list for this! :)

YodaKenobi:

I haven't read any books past the NJO series, and probably never will.

You are very wise.
    HEhehehe...thank you. I am too fond of my Lukie and Corrany-baby to do otherwise. ;)

Really love that interchange. Definitely shows how Anakin is still eaten up by his namesake's history.
    This is true.

So it seemed Valin would have a daughter who married a Horn?

A natural conclusion for poor Nejaa to make. Too bad he's way off
    lol! Tis true.

Anakin Solo hesitated. ?You?re angry with me, Master Kenobi.?
    Obi-Wan sighed. ?Not with you, young Anakin.?
    ?With my grandfather, then. Why??
    ?He?s broken the code,? Obi-Wan said stiffly, leading the way out of the chamber. ?Are you coming Nejaa??
    ?Yes,? Nejaa said, gesturing for Valin to follow him. He could understand why Obi-Wan was upset. If Anakin Skywalker had a grandson, he obviously broke the code against love.

This is easily the most creative way of Anakin getting busted for marrying Padmé that I've ever heard of.
    LOL! I bet Anakin Skywalker never saw it coming... ;)

Really liking the whole concept here. Thank you! I thought it would be fun to try. :D

?Garm, there is something that could potentially destroy the Jedi, will nearly destroy the Jedi, and you don?t think we should know about it??

I'm really loving this. Can't wait for Anakin Skywalker to find out that he's the cause of it all.
    I don't think he'll take it well.

This is a great fic, padawan lunetta A really original idea. I like how much thought you've given to how the characters would interact and what would confuse them about their respect time periods. Thank you so much!

Can you PM me when you update? Certainly!

Anyway, excellent work Thank you!

Tahi:

Yay - you've posted it. I did!

This such a fun story, luney, and the dialogue is, as always, absolutely on the button. I also like the way you characterise the 4 youngsters so that they behave just the way we'd expect. I like thet Valin Horn and Anakin Solo are a bit more open and honest than their namesakes. So the older two are now Cliegg Lars and Garm Idanion. LOL Oh lordy. lol! I figured Valin Halcyon would be true to his Hornish/Halcyonnish nature, and be overly cautious. ;)

?Things that shouldn?t work often do around Anakin,? Obi-Wan said,
    Well said. And of course the same can be said for the grandson.
    Quite True!

?You must be ol? Republic Jedi??

Valin jabbed his thumb toward Anakin. ?He is.?

?You?re not?? Jacen asked, surprised.

?He?s Corellian,? Anakin said, shaking his head. ?They think they?re better.?

?We try not to boast,? Valin admitted.
    That was hilarious.
    Thank you!

?I don?t know,? Valin said slowly. ?Will we be able to stop it if we know? And if we do manage to stop it, will something worse take it?s place??
    I'm liking Valin Snr. He has common sense.
    He does.

A good question at the end there about whether balance was indeed achieved.

This is a great idea. Can't wait to see what happens. It could get very complicated.
    Thank you for reading! And it probably will...

Inara:

Luney!

This is even better the second time I'm reading it! Valin I and II are so , and you know how I adore Anakin II.
    I adore them too! Anakin Solo is so much like my Lukie in some ways... ;)

As for Anakin I...well, I know in your hands that you'll make me change my mind about him. lol! He'll have to go throug

8. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    Chapter Two is a little long, so I am splitting it into two parts. Here is the first part! :)

Chapter Two

Old Republic, Jedi Temple

Anakin Solo stood in the Jedi Council chamber, exactly one step behind Obi-Wan. He wasn?t certain why he?d adopted an apprentice?s stance behind Obi-Wan, but it had felt right. The Jedi Temple was a little overwhelming for him. He hadn?t expected to find it on Coruscant, right in the heart of Imperial City. He also hadn?t expected to sense thousands of Jedi in one place. It was disconcerting to think that his grandfather and Palpatine had been able to kill so many. He had always pictured the Old Republic consisting of no more than maybe one or two thousand Jedi. At the most.

He could sense more than twice that in the temple alone.

The Jedi Council had gathered for Obi-Wan?s announcement. Master Yoda watched Anakin with great interest the entire time Obi-Wan related the events surrounding Anakin Skywalker and Valin Halcyon using the Crystal. Uncomfortable with the Jedi Master?s scrutiny, Anakin shifted under its weight. Did he have something on his face? Were his pants buttons undone?

He tried to focus his thoughts on the present, but he couldn?t help wonder why his presence had angered Obi-Wan Kenobi. Exactly what code had his grandfather broken?

?Dangerous, it is, to know the future,? Yoda said as he focused his gaze on Valin and then on Anakin. ?Always in motion, it is. Your silence, do we request, young Valin, young Anakin.?

A tall, black Jedi Master whom Anakin did not recognize nodded. ?There is nothing we can do to stop Skywalker and Halcyon from learning too much about the future.? He turned to Master Yoda. ?How long do the effects of the Crystal last??

?Day, no more than,? Master Yoda said. ?Or permanent, it is. Had time to study the Crystal, I did not.?

The other Master frowned. ?What do we do with these two?? he asked, gesturing to Valin and Anakin.

?Trained they are, but broken it is. To Obi-Wan, Anakin Solo will be temporarily apprenticed. Run strong in his family, the Force does. High midichlorian count, he must have. Know it you do, young Solo??

Anakin blinked, having trouble following Master Yoda?s backward speech. ?My?what count??

?Midichlorians.?

?I?m afraid I don?t know what you are talking about, Master Yoda.?

Master Yoda closed his eyes, seeming to search the future. ?Strange it is, that know of them you do not. Teach him and test him you will, Obi-Wan.?

Obi-Wan bowed. ?Yes, Master.?

?To Nejaa Halcyon, Valin Horn will be temporarily apprenticed. If agree to this you do, Nejaa.?

Nejaa nodded, eyes sparkling. ?I would be happy to help train my great grandson.?

Anakin frowned as he wondered why Master Yoda would order Obi-Wan to apprentice him but ask Nejaa to apprentice Valin. What was he missing?

?Dismissed, you are,? Master Yoda said, nodding. ?Speak with Obi-Wan and Nejaa later, we will.?

Obi-Wan and Nejaa bowed to Master Yoda. Anakin exchanged a glance with Valin, who shrugged. They offered awkward bows.

?Come along, Anakin,? Obi-Wan instructed him. The moment they were in the hallway, he turned to his temporary padawan. ?Are you part of a legal order of Jedi, Anakin??

Anakin stiffened, surprised by Obi-Wan?s suspicious tone. ?Of course I am, Master Kenobi. Why would you ask that??

?You don?t know what midichlorians are,? Obi-Wan pointed out. ?How do you test for Force sensitivity? Are you a Corellian Jedi??

?My dad is Corellian.?

?I would like to point out, Obi-Wan, that we Corellians know what midichlorians are,? Nejaa interjected.

?I know, but why don?t they??

?I don?t know,? Nejaa said, frowning. ?And I don?t think we?re supposed to ask.?

Anakin cleared his throat. ?Master Kenobi??

?Yes, Anakin??

?What are midichlorians??

Obi-Wan turned to him, his blue eyes warm. ?Your patience does you credit, Anakin. The midichlorians are micro-organisms that li

9. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    It was disconcerting to think that his grandfather and Palpatine had been able to kill so many. He had always pictured the Old Republic consisting of no more than maybe one or two thousand Jedi. At the most.

Yeah, that's got to be a shock to a kid who's used to an Order of a few dozen.

Uncomfortable with the Jedi Master?s scrutiny, Anakin shifted under its weight. Did he have something on his face? Were his pants buttons undone?

[face_laugh]

?Trained they are, but broken it is. To Obi-Wan, Anakin Solo will be temporarily apprenticed. Run strong in his family, the Force does. High midichlorian count, he must have. Know it you do, young Solo??
    Anakin blinked, having trouble following Master Yoda?s backward speech. ?My?what count??
    ?Midichlorians.?

I liked that you worked this in here for several reasons.

Obi-Wan turned to him, his blue eyes warm. ?Your patience does you credit, Anakin. The midichlorians are micro-organisms that live in your blood, creating a symbiotic relationship. A Jedi cannot touch the Force without these conduits and messengers of the Force. The higher your midichlorian count, the more sensitive you are to the Force.?
    ?They?re in your blood?? Valin asked, examining his arms. ?I sort of thought that sensitivity to the Force would be a little more?mystical.?

[face_laugh]

Most of us were, I think :p

The only sure way would be to kill him, and that most certainly was not the Jedi way. Killing Anakin Skywalker would also destroy Anakin Solo?s family. And he didn?t want his grandfather to die. Anakin?s shoulders slumped.

It would also mean there was no one to defeat the Emperor. Bad things all around.

?No,? Anakin said slowly. ?I?m just not sure why it matters exactly how powerful I am in the Force or not. I?m strong enough to be a Jedi. Isn?t that enough??

I like his reasoning.

Obi-Wan glanced out the window of the small office, where Anakin Solo sat with Valin Horn. Anakin Solo bore a striking resemblance to his padawan, but only in appearance. His padawan had an edge earned from his former life as a slave. And sometimes, when he apologized for his recklessness to Obi-Wan, his tone was mockingly polite.
    On the other hand, Anakin Solo was milder-mannered and earnest in his apologies. It was obvious that he was a very well trained Jedi apprentice.

Poor Obi's probably thinking of making this trade permenant :p

Next up, our very young grandfathers meet their granddaughters...

Ooh, can't wait :D Another good post, lunetta =D= It's really neat seeing Anakin Solo in the prequel era learning from Obi-Wan. Two of my favorite Jedi together :D It will be interesting to see what effect this has on time ultimately.

10. MiralukaJedi

May 15, 2008
    Very nice. I imagine the next bit being very amusing. [face_laugh]. Can't wait for more!

11. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    I really like this story.
    mind sending me pms when you update?[face_batting]

12. DarthVetinari

DarthVetinari Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 20, 2009
    I'm really enjoying this story. I love the idea, it's a really interesting take on the time-travel genre and the characterisation is spot-on.

Can you send me a PM when you update [face_batting] ?

13. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    YodaKenobi:

It was disconcerting to think that his grandfather and Palpatine had been able to kill so many. He had always pictured the Old Republic consisting of no more than maybe one or two thousand Jedi. At the most.

Yeah, that's got to be a shock to a kid who's used to an Order of a few dozen.
    This is true!

I liked that you worked this in here for several reasons.
    Thank you! It's one of the many differences in the orders that needed to be brought out.

Obi-Wan turned to him, his blue eyes warm. ?Your patience does you credit, Anakin. The midichlorians are micro-organisms that live in your blood, creating a symbiotic relationship. A Jedi cannot touch the Force without these conduits and messengers of the Force. The higher your midichlorian count, the more sensitive you are to the Force.?
    ?They?re in your blood?? Valin asked, examining his arms. ?I sort of thought that sensitivity to the Force would be a little more?mystical.?

Most of us were, I think
    Definitely.

The only sure way would be to kill him, and that most certainly was not the Jedi way. Killing Anakin Skywalker would also destroy Anakin Solo?s family. And he didn?t want his grandfather to die. Anakin?s shoulders slumped.

It would also mean there was no one to defeat the Emperor. Bad things all around.
    Very true.

?No,? Anakin said slowly. ?I?m just not sure why it matters exactly how powerful I am in the Force or not. I?m strong enough to be a Jedi. Isn?t that enough??

I like his reasoning.
    Thank you :)

Obi-Wan glanced out the window of the small office, where Anakin Solo sat with Valin Horn. Anakin Solo bore a striking resemblance to his padawan, but only in appearance. His padawan had an edge earned from his former life as a slave. And sometimes, when he apologized for his recklessness to Obi-Wan, his tone was mockingly polite.
    On the other hand, Anakin Solo was milder-mannered and earnest in his apologies. It was obvious that he was a very well trained Jedi apprentice.

Poor Obi's probably thinking of making this trade permenant
    lol! I wouldn't blame him!

Next up, our very young grandfathers meet their granddaughters...

Ooh, can't wait Another good post, lunetta It's really neat seeing Anakin Solo in the prequel era learning from Obi-Wan. Two of my favorite Jedi together It will be interesting to see what effect this has on time ultimately.
    Thank you! It's kind of fun playing with these characters...I haven't really written much of Anakin Solo or Obi-Wan...so I'm glad they're coming across well.

MiralukaJedi:

Very nice. I imagine the next bit being very amusing. . Can't wait for more! Heheheh thank you!

MsLanna:

I really like this story.
    mind sending me pms when you update?
    Thank you! And of course!

DarthVetinari:

I'm really enjoying this story. I love the idea, it's a really interesting take on the time-travel genre and the characterisation is spot-on. Thank you! The only characters I've played with on a regular basis are Valin Halcyon and Jacen Solo...so I am glad you are liking everyone! :D

Can you send me a PM when you update ? Sure!

14. tahiriveilax

tahiriveilax Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2008
    Oooh, I just read it and I can't wait for more. Send a PM my way when you update :)

15. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    tahiriveilax:

Oooh, I just read it and I can't wait for more. Send a PM my way when you update Thank you so much for reading! And I'd be happy to send a PM. :)

Here is the second half of Chapter Two!

Imperial City, Coruscant, New Republic

The future didn?t seem very bright to Valin Halcyon. Thousands of Jedi were dead, and so much knowledge was lost that they didn?t even know where the temple was anymore. He followed Jacen Solo into Jedi Headquarters, which was a plain, nondescript sky scraper. It was a far cry from the pyramid shaped Jedi temple that was just down the street.

Jacen led them into a speeder bay, where a pair of small feet poked out of a speeder, and a four year old girl sat in front of a toolbox. ?Hydrospanner.?

?Spanner,? the little girl repeated, handing her the tool.

?Jaina?? Jacen demanded, not even needing to peek under the speeder. ?Mirax asks you to watch Jysella, and you have her helping you fix a speeder??

?Never hurts to learn early,? Jaina said as she pushed herself out from underneath the speeder. ?And Corran has obviously taught her how to use tools.? She looked Anakin and Valin up and down, her gaze lingering on Valin. ?Hello.?

?Hello yourself,? Valin said. He folded his arms and gave her an appreciative look. She was really pretty, even with the oil stains on her jumpsuit.

Anakin nudged him in the ribs, hard. ?I?m Cliegg Lars, and this is Garm Idanion. He?s a lot older than he looks.?

Jacen gestured to Jaina. ?This is my sister, Jaina.?

Valin?s eyes widened. He?d just been flirting with Anakin Skywalker?s granddaughter. ?I see.?

Anakin gave him a dangerous look and then turned back to Jaina. ?So you?re good at fixing things??

?Pretty good,? Jaina said, frowning. ?You?re both Jedi, but I?ve never seen you before.? She raised an eyebrow. ?Where?s little brother??

Jacen looked around, making certain no one was watching. ?I?m not exactly sure.?

?What do you mean, you?re not sure?? Jaina demanded, threatening him with the hydrospanner. ?Did you lose him in the lower levels??

Jacen shook his head. ?Do you remember how Uncle Luke asked us to find the Crystal of Transportation??

Jaina rolled her eyes. ?That stupid legend??

?We found it, Jaina. And Anakin?used it.?

?What?? Jaina paled. ?You mean you?ve lost our little brother to the future? Or the past? He?s lost in when??

?And Valin Horn,? Jacen said, wincing. ?They touched the Crystal at the same time. And it would appear they?re lost in the past.? He pointed to Anakin and Valin. ?The Crystal causes people to trade places. Cliegg and Garm here have replaced Anakin and Valin. They?re Old Republic Jedi. Well, Cliegg is. The affects are only supposed to last a day.?

She scratched her forehead. ?How are we going to explain this to Mom and Dad??

Jacen offered her a sloppy grin. ?I was hoping you would help.?

?Your time isn?t dangerous, is it?? Jaina asked, now threatening Anakin with the hydrospanner. ?It?s not during??

Jacen cleared his throat. ?The less they know about their future, the better, Jaina.?

Jaina hesitated, obviously annoyed with Jacen?s interruption. ?But they?re safe, right, Cliegg??

?They?re more than likely in the Temple, surrounded by thousands of Jedi,? Anakin said as he attempted to reassure her. ?What could be safer than that??

?Not all Jedi are good, Cliegg,? Jaina said, meeting his gaze. ?He better be safe.?

Valin frowned, wondering what she meant by saying that not all Jedi were good. And what had she been about to say when Jacen interrupted her? He decided that he probably shouldn?t know. He felt something tugging on his pants legs and found Jysella looking up at him. ?Hello.?

?Hi,? Jysella said, crooking her little fingers. ?I have a secret to tell you.?

?Oh?? Valin asked, bending down so she could whisper in his ear. ?What is it??

?Why is he wearing a braid??

Valin grinned. ?T

16. tahiriveilax

Oct 31, 2008
    Oooh very nice update :) Can't wait for the next one.

17. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    This is lovely. Almsot makes me want to catch up on NJO and such.
    Almost.
    I think this is much better.:D

=D=

18. MiralukaJedi

May 15, 2008
    Very interesting. Rather funny that Val tried to flirt with Jaina. He better watch out...Anakin might not appreciate him trying to go after his granddaughter.

19. Allana_Djo_Solo

Allana_Djo_Solo Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 4, 2008
    Love the story add me to the PM list if you've got one

20. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    tahiriveilax:

Oooh very nice update Can't wait for the next one. Thank you!

MsLanna:

This is lovely. Almsot makes me want to catch up on NJO and such.
    Almost.
    I think this is much better.
    lol! Thank you! I kind of objected to NJO after Anakin died...and too me, the Vong should have been destroyed much sooner...so that's what I do with them if I choose to write in Beyond. ;) (Though from what I am hearing from the books afterward...I'm glad I stick to the older books and write in OT!)

MiralukaJedi:

Very interesting. Rather funny that Val tried to flirt with Jaina. He better watch out...Anakin might not appreciate him trying to go after his granddaughter. lol! I thought it was a natural progression for Jaina: Black hair green eyes to black hair hazel eyes...it's a compromise! ;)

Course if Jysella were old enough to flirt with, Valin would most certainly object to Anakin going after her. ;)

Allana_Djo_Solo:

Love the story add me to the PM list if you've got one Thank you! Consider yourself added!

21. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Sorry I'm late!

?Jaina?? Jacen demanded, not even needing to peek under the speeder. ?Mirax asks you to watch Jysella, and you have her helping you fix a speeder??

[face_laugh]

?Not all Jedi are good, Cliegg,? Jaina said, meeting his gaze. ?He better be safe.?

I really like Jaina here, almost threatening them [face_mischief]

Valin shrugged. ?Most Knights I know practice good hygiene habits.?
    ?Most Knights you know probably have prickleburrs stuffed up their butts.?

lol

Jysella pouted. ?I like you.?
    ?I like you too.?

Aww. That was sweet.

Great post, lunetta! :D Was really cool having Valin meet his great granddaughter and I enjoyed the interaction. I also thought Jaina was spot-on here. Terrific job all the way around.

Can't wait to see what you do next :)

22. jacensolofangirl2007

jacensolofangirl2007 Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 30, 2007
    oooo I like this a lot. please add me to your PM list. Very cool idea for a story! I can't wait to see what they all say if they find out they have Anakin Skywalker in their mist!

23. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    YodaKenobi:

Sorry I'm late! It's alright! :)

I really like Jaina here, almost threatening them
    Naturally! I imagine her being protective of Anakin. :D

Jysella pouted. ?I like you.?
    ?I like you too.?

Aww. That was sweet.[/b] :-D

Great post, lunetta! Was really cool having Valin meet his great granddaughter and I enjoyed the interaction. I also thought Jaina was spot-on here. Terrific job all the way around. Thank you! Glad I did well with Jaina, I've never written her before. :) (Well, given her more than a couple lines in passing. ;))

Can't wait to see what you do next Thank you!

jacensolofangirl2007:

oooo I like this a lot. please add me to your PM list. Very cool idea for a story! I can't wait to see what they all say if they find out they have Anakin Skywalker in their mist! Thank you very much! I imagine they will be quite...surprised. Consider yourself added to the PM list!

Here is Chapter Three!

Chapter Three

Valin Horn followed Nejaa Halcyon down the long, bright corridors of the Jedi Temple. Though he was a bit nervous at being separated from Anakin, his only link to the future, Nejaa was friendly and obviously pleased to be showing his great grandson around the temple.

They entered a room that was filled with waterfalls, and startled by the beauty, Valin could only stare. ?Wow.?

?Pretty, isn?t it?? Nejaa asked as he gestured for Valin to take a seat next to him on a bench.

A pretty, young blonde woman sat nearby as she quietly painted the room. Other Jedi milled around, either meditating or talking in small groups. Valin listened to the rush of the water for a moment, thoroughly enjoying its gentle music. ?Nejaa??

?Yes, Valin??

?What code did Anakin Skywalker break?? Valin asked, wondering if Anakin had already started turning toward the dark side.

?You cannot guess?? Nejaa raised an eyebrow. ?Anakin Solo is his grandson, and Anakin Skywalker is a Jedi of the Republic.?

?So is Master Luke, and he?ll be a grandfather someday.?

?They no longer forbid love in your time??

?Of course not! How could they?? Valin asked, shocked. ?They do it now??

?I am afraid so.?

?But?? Valin hesitated, ?you?re married.?

Nejaa nodded. ?Yes, but I am Corellian.?

?And that explains it??

?I?m afraid that we are not part of the Republic Jedi, Valin. We broke away hundreds of years ago over a disagreement over personal attachments and have only recently made contact with Coruscant again. It was Master Yoda who renewed contact, inviting us to Coruscant for various meetings and tournaments.? His tone softened. ?He foresees dark times ahead of us and feels that the Jedi need to be united in order to combat it.?

Valin shivered, perfectly aware of the dark times Master Yoda foresaw. He longed to tell Nejaa exactly what would happen, but he knew that his great grandfather would not want to hear it. ?So your only disagreement is love being forbidden??

?Among other things.?

?Such as??

?The Republic Jedi feel that the best way to serve the galaxy is to live in it but not be of it. They set standards for themselves that no sentient being can follow and refuse to acknowledge their ancestry. They believe in complete impartiality, Valin. They are not even allowed to contact their own families.?

Valin?s eyes widened. ?That?s horrible!?

?Having been raised in your family, you would believe that,? Nejaa pointed out. ?We Corellians refuse to live outside of our own system. We raise our own children. We hold jobs alongside being a Jedi. We feel that the best way to serve the galaxy is by living in it so that we can better understand the needs of the people.?

?Wouldn?t a compromise between both ideologies be best?? Valin asked. He was certain that if the Jedi of his time were more numerous, they would have followed both ideals.

?Absolutely.?

?But it will never happen,? Val

24. MiralukaJedi

May 15, 2008
    Hmm...this might not end so well for Palpatine. Good show!

25. tahiriveilax

Oct 31, 2008
    Great work, I'm addicted now. The only thing is that the Old Jedi Knights seem to think Valin and Anakin aren't as sophiscated in their Jedi training. And I can see why Anakin would want to kill Palps right there, it would save a lot of trouble in the future. But as Yoda says 'the future is always in motion'.

More soon I hope!