main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[NaNo] -National Novel Writing Month- Over for another year. :(

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by mavjade , Oct 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    1528 today... squeezed it in during classes and afterwards.

Good job so far everyone! :)

2. Earwen_Lightrider

Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2004
    1767 at the moment.

3. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I'm going away for the weekend so no chance to write! I do have an idea though, or at least the start of my novel. All I need is a character or something to start with and it's all good from there. Could've done with this last night though!

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  4. Book-Geek

Book-Geek Jedi Knight star 3

May 28, 2011
    Noon of day two, and I have 2,183 words and one chapter to show for it. On to chapter two and the actual plot!

5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Made it to 6,546 today. Killed my first character (basically a red shirt death).

6. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Word counts updated! Awesome to see so many people off to a great start!

(Except I didn't update my own. *facepalm* That's okay I plan on writing a little more tonight.)

I'm currently at 2,410. I had hoped to write a little while at work today but my patients had other ideas. :(

7. Earwen_Lightrider

Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2004
    3368 - I'm hoping to get a lot of writing in tomorrow. I'm really loving where my characters are taking me!

8. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    passed the 10 K today. Nice musings from Obi-Wan and Siri had me going and a man for the first time meeting the Jedi and being afraid that they will draft him into their ranks is great fun

9. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I'm almost there - made it to 9,021 today. Hoping to make it to about 11k tomorrow.

10. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Past 10K yesterday. I still don't have a plot. I just write scenes and then try to find a plot to put them together. That is pretty much how I write all my stories. That is why they always seem weird and disjointed. o_O

Make that 12,218 words with no plot.

11. tjace

tjace Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2008
    I'm doing this again this year, currently at 5100 words.

12. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Now at 12.222 words :)

13. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Well, I'm back at home now, but it's been a long weekend and I need more sleep, so I'll start writing tomorrow. Hopefully it won't take too long to catch up.

14. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Made it to 11,584 today.

15. Draconarius

Draconarius Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 2005
    Well, the weekend has been a horrible, horrible start for me. Managed to hurt my hand working around the house, so I haven't been able to type since Friday. Here's hoping I can catch up during the week.

16. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    I hope you feel better soon. I am horrible at writing on the weekends. The kids are home and I have to feed them or they complain. LOL!

I am up to 15,130 words.

17. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    I am up to 6877. I wish I would hit a writing jag and knock out a couple extra thousand words but those don't seem to happen for me until the last week.

Good luck everyone!!

18. Draconarius

Draconarius Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 2005
    Thanks. It's a lot better now (hence why I'm able to write this), but for all of Saturday I could barely lift a fork with it. I avoided doing much of anything with it on Sunday to make sure I didn't make whatever happened worse. Unfortunately, that means I'm down a full weekend and I'm counting on those to pick up the slack from the week at work. Oh well, such is life.

19. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Due to various factors, I have yet to start. Must go fix this problem...

20. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    Ack! @DaenaBenjen42 - not started yet? Ouch! Yes; yes you must rectify this ;)

Good luck!

As for myself, I'm keeping it simple for the moment... trying to work writing back into my life, but sometimes the muse bites hard :)

Word count for the month so far is over the bare minimum, which is what I'm aiming for, is at 10,944

Congrats to everyone!! Keep plugging away and good luck this coming week! :)

21. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Just shy of 15k today - 14,952. I should break it tomorrow.

22. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Remember, Remember the fifth of November...
    because you should be at 8,335 words! :p

Word counts updated!

I've had a hard few days at work so my word count has suffered, currently at 4,204. A migraine this morning didn't help either. We shall see how far I get this evening. 8-}

23. Iverna

Iverna Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2008
    Whoops, I've been neglecting to check in... I'm at 10467 words right now. :) So far I'm ahead of schedule - hoping it stays that way!

24. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Aarrgghh!! I still haven't started mine! I have the idea of how to start it but I can't find the right words! :_|

25. Book-Geek

Book-Geek Jedi Knight star 3

May 28, 2011
    I feel bad that it's Day 5 and I'm under 10,000 words. Then I remember, I spent Saturday playing in a tournament (and have the bruises to show for it) and spent Sunday playing Irish Fiddle. That being said, I'm just lucky I'm past 6,000 words.[face_relieved]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.