main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

-=Natalie Portman=-

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by RedRoyalGuard, May 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. budaki

budaki Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 19, 2001
    Yes very scary.

Just what pic (top or bottom) indicates coldness in the studio?

2. vikingjedi1

vikingjedi1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 5, 2001
    Natalie Portman rules, nuff said.

3. Skywalk272

Skywalk272 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 16, 2000
    Hehe The top pic. I noticed it a couple of times in the film too. :p

Anyway- I gave him my own reality check too if you read back a little- but I think he realized his folly.

Edit: They made her look glittery for that model pic- kinda like it. but no as much as the warrior girl look :)

4. budaki

budaki Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 19, 2001
    Yes, who knew Tatooine could be so cold?

5. Sith_Butters

Sith_Butters Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2002
    PLEASE! Leave her alone until at least 2005! We can't let anyone or anything happen to her until then!

6. Skywalk272

Feb 16, 2000
    Or geonosis for that matter. :D

Maybe killing things and blowing up droids gets her excited - hope I'm not crossing any lines here :p .

Anyway that scene reminds me of the scene right after she falls out of the gunship. It occurs to me she doen't quite seem urgent enough with the clonetrooper. But she DID just have here head rattled. I wonder if the sand got everywhere like anakin says :D.

After 2005 its a free for all then . . Poor girl!

7. JediDugan

JediDugan Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 3, 2001
    One thing that's great about Natalie (in addition to the obvious things) is that she's very cool about the Star Wars phenomenon and all of us fanatics.
    She gets enough weird fan mail because of her role in "The Professional." So I hope we don't ruin her opinion of Star Wars fans too.
    So be realistic everyone. You'll never meet her and you have no chance. Let's not go crazy here. :)

8. Skywalk272

Feb 16, 2000
    Never meeting her is more likely to actually happen than the "having a chance". Especially for me since I have my soul-mate. I just won't ask for an autograph nor will I let myself feel overwhelmed. Shes a college student after all, like many others I met before I graduted. Only she seems to be slightly more mature and a bit smarter than those naive ones I knew. I agree her composure about her fame impresses me the most.

9. Skywalk272

Feb 16, 2000
    I wonder if we should make this the official thread by the way?

10. Skywalk272

Feb 16, 2000
    bump bump bump

11. dehrian

dehrian Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 18, 1999
    I wouldn't say I "know" Natalie, but I have met her twice. Regardless of her friends and family, anyone stalks her and I'll kick their ass.

12. Skywalk272

Feb 16, 2000
    That's cool dehrian. At least she might recognize you in a crowd of crazy star wars fans, huh? For me, its just like when I meet any other person. I feel better if they remeber me should I run into them again. That is rare with Celebrities because they are constantly being "met" by people. Anyway that's why I wouldn't even want an autograph. Its nothing but a signature to me. That goes for any celebrite-not just Natalie.

13. DarthBooger

DarthBooger Jedi Youngling

May 11, 2002
    , she played a pregnant teenager in Where The Heart Is and I stil thought she was attractive. >>>

Excelland film
    She is pretty funny in that movie as her character is pretty 'home girl/hick town'
    If you never saw it do
    And if you want to see her in a mild 2 piece on a beach see where the heart is
    And if youwant to see her in her breakthrough first movie. The Professional deal which kinda has this lolita deal going
    Kinda a uh.....well, it is like that but she is like 12 or 13 in it
    Gary Oldman is in it and another actor you will recognize
    Pretty good movie
    I got the DVD for them both (eBay 9 dollar deals )

TB

14. Skywalk272

Feb 16, 2000
    Was she in Mars Attacks or am I thinking of someone else?

15. DarthBooger

May 11, 2002
    going bonkers. So sad. Did anyone see her on Rosie? If I was that guy she hollered at in the Jedi Robes I would have just died and collapsed with ummmmm . . . . dumbfoundedness.
    >>>
    skip that interview and get the letterman one
    I think it's posted around here or at her web site
    She was totally beautiful
    Letterman was basically drooling over her and said she looked like Kathren Hepburn which Nat got very embarassed and shy looking after he said it
    The gown she has one was cut down the middle WAY down the middle

She had to sit very erect to now expose herself
    It was a very good interview and a lot of laugh tween then
    It's online in full so check it out if you want to see her as pretty as she probably has been on TV

TB

16. Skywalk272

Feb 16, 2000
    Bah I know its online someplace but the one at her site isn't working. Anybody have another place? I cant find it here either.

17. Sith_Butters

May 19, 2002
    This type of fascination is based off of how you see the character on screen. You are in love with ?Padme? not Portman. There is nothing wrong with loving a character, that?s what the whole SW universe is about, a wonderful world we can enjoy and theorize about. In this world she?s just another girl putting her pants on one leg at a time, going through school and yes, dating guys of a different type than us. Enjoy her as ?Padme?, not as ?Portman?.

Sorry to sound like a psychiatrist, but I had to deal with my own love fascination in ATOC with Taun We! I love her, unfortunately she is only CG!

18. Darth-KrayzieBone

Darth-KrayzieBone Jedi Master star 3

Nov 19, 2001
    Skywalk272, you are correct. She's in Mars Attacks.

19. Skywalk272

Feb 16, 2000
    Cool Thanks Darth K

Butters - your talking to the origonal thread poster right?

20. DarthBooger

May 11, 2002
    Oh. another good movie is Beautiful Girls
    Has a lot of decent actors in it
    Check the moviedatabase.com
    She is like 15 or 16 in it and has a pretty large role.
    And some woody allen film she was in too
    I saw these names at the database site as when you click a link it pretty much tells you everything any actor was in.
    Very cool resource for movies and info on anyone or current releases

Tb

21. Skywalk272

Feb 16, 2000
    * Sniker * well you know Woody Allen and those young girls! :D

A joke of coarse.

22. DarthBooger

May 11, 2002
    If ya wanted to find that interview
    Try usenet newsgroups as I am sure it's there or eventually on Kazaa ( use Kazaa lite, not Kazaa)
    Anyways, it's out there if ya just know where to look
    I suspect it's right in the usenet groups as folks posted the darn movie there a week before it came out!

Crappy version but it was there

23. Sith_Butters

May 19, 2002
    Skywalk272, I?m talking to the group as a whole, but I think my preaching would benefit RedRoyalGuard the most (LOL)! These post are for us fans and we should be able to talk about anything we want and enjoy the posts.

It?s just when outsiders that don?t understand us, think ?Wow SW fans are psycho! They think they have a change with Portman etc?? It gives us a bad name.

Nothing against RedRoyalGuard at all, just please don?t go stalking! I?m sure he?s doing it only in fun.

24. Ye11a

Ye11a Jedi Youngling

May 21, 2002
    do any of you her, or other SW actors autographs?

I just want an autograph..that would be sooooooo tight.

25. Raliegh-StClair

Raliegh-StClair Jedi Youngling star 1

May 16, 2002
    She seems really nice and intellegent. I will never meet her, and I wish I could, but c'est la vie. Not gonna happen.

As for liking the Padm'e character and not her- I disagree, at least in my case. She seems extremely intellegent and I like what she said about the Israeli/Palestinian conflict. She took an awful risk doing that (her real last name was posted in her school paper), but she did it anyway, and I think that takes a lot of character.

But I am never going to meet her, and neither will any of us, so let's move on to the next topic. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.