main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The NBA Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by KnightWriter, Nov 16, 2006.

?

Which team is the favorite to win the title?

1. Boston Celtics

10.5%
  2. Cleveland Cavaliers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Dallas Mavericks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Denver Nuggets

42.1%
  5. Los Angeles Lakers

5.3%
  6. Miami Heat

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Milwaukee Bucks

36.8%
  8. Phoenix Suns

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Other

5.3%
  1. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Hey. You can still love me nine months out of the year.

2. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    [​IMG]

The purple & gold made this game for about 15 minutes or so between the end of the 1st quarter to half time, but that other L.A. pro basketball team simply (obviously) ran their offense more efficiently (with Kobe's 11 assists going for naught). Despite tonight*, the Lakers are in a better position to make a playoff run than they were 3 weeks, so that's some positivity to hold onto here at the All Star break.

*History was made this evening, as the other pro team here in L.A. ran up their record on this season to 3-0 over the Lakers, the first time in 20 years in which they've won the season series.
    [face_plain]

3. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I watched the second half of the LA/LA game. The Clippers prepared for that matchup by using the Eastern Conference as a shooting range last week. They murdered us.

4. DT421

DT421 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2003
    Is he leading the Tour de France?

Juliet316 and Trimaj like this.
  5. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Kyrie Irving will not be replacing Rajon Rondo as a starter in the All-Star game. Lebron James will be starting at the point, and Chris Bosh will replace him at power forward in the starting lineup.

Because, you know, Miami needs to continue to piss off Cleveland sports fans.

6. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    it's not like they're the ones who made that decision i don't think. wouldn't that be on the coach?

7. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Yes. And who is the coach of the Eastern All-Stars?

8. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    i'm assuming spoelstra, based on that comment. but unless lebron specifically asked to start at point, i doubt that he and bosh had much of anything to do with it.

9. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    **** LeBron James.

10. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    So, Michael Jordan, who turns fifty tomorrow, has a ready plan to train for another comeback. Which is good, because he thinks he's the best player the Bobcats have, which is something he proved when he beat their rookie in a game of 1-on-1.

Now, as entertained as I am at the thought of a Jordan comeback. I'm equally frightened of it.

Juliet316 likes this.
  11. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    That's inspiring. Because, Barkley is also just turning 50. And the 76ers could use him right now...

DarthIntegral likes this.
  12. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    You know ... I might just watch the NBAARP.

13. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Count me in.

Kobe scores 81? Pshaawwww. Wilt Chamberlain dropped 100 against the Knicks 50 years earlier. I know he's dead now, but his corpse would make a great coach.

14. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    i don't think barkley's in as good of shape as jordan...

and frankly, nothing jordan does would surprise me. i know i'd at least want to watch to see what happens. with all the rule changes, he very well might be able to, if not start every game, make a difference. although why in the world he'd play for the bobcats is beyond me...

15. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Hey, it's not hard to star on that team right now. :p

16. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    He owns them. 'nuff said.

17. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    if i were going for that kind of comeback, i'd want it to be on a somewhat better team i think... although it's jordan. he'd probably be trying to make them a contender.

18. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    It would be the same reason as why he played for the Wizards a while back. They weren't really going anywhere, so it would be easier for him to step in and show everyone up than it would be on a contender.

19. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    i'm just imagining if he went to the heat... that might be funny, in all honesty. would upset the apple cart i'm pretty sure though.

20. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    he's fifty years old guys, come on. he was a shell of his former self and had to get his knees drained weekly when he was 40.

21. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    BUT HE BEAT KIDD-GILCHRIST IN A MEANINGLESS 1-TO-1 TOM

after hearing this news i randomly youtubed Jordan and re-watched the last quarter of his last ever game for the Bulls. man, what a sweet end to that Utah game

22. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    At what point does Jordan's legendary psychopathicness gets less respect? He's got to stop with crap like this, or even hinting at it... it's just sad. And speaking of sad things, why can't All Star Saturday just be the 3-point competition, the slam dunk contest (which needs some serious overall), and a H-O-R-S-E contest (they need to bring that back with some serious rule changes)? I can't think of anything more useless than the shooting stars & skill competition exhibition.

23. epic

Jul 4, 1999
    Jordan gets to do or say whatever Jordan wants for however long Jordan wants because he's Jordan, Tunck [face_not_talking]

Darth_Invidious likes this.
  24. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    No. :p Magic Johnson got all sorts of crap for that abomination of late night show he did in the 90's, and he deserved it! Legendary sports status can't always excuse ridiculousness.

25. epic

Jul 4, 1999
    i for one happen to think Jordan's ridiculous oversized suits are the height of fashion, man