main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Need Photon's and Phasers

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by BerniceD, Jul 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BerniceD

BerniceD Jedi Youngling

Jul 30, 2011
    I can't find any models for photon torpedoes or phaser beams. Can anyone help me? I use Bryce (because it was free) so I need my models to be in 3ds format. I have been trying to make my own models with no success. Please help.

2. Teague

Teague Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2006
    Can't you just make a very long, skinny cylinder and make it 100% luminous in your color of choice?

3. Zurita-Films

Zurita-Films Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 26, 2006
    Are you making the phaser blasts in 3DS too?

4. BerniceD

BerniceD Jedi Youngling

Jul 30, 2011
    I have been working on creating them myself. The phaser I think I might make it in post-production of my project, using After Effects. I'm having problems with the Photon. I can make a general shape in Bryce, combining spherical obejects. Texturing and lighting are my downfall. I am very new to all this. Thats why I was hoping to find a pre-fab model. Looks like I have a lot of work ahead of me.

5. Magellan_the_Cat

Magellan_the_Cat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    Yeah... Lighting and texturing are industries in and of themselves.
    Been working in Maya doing some space battles with classic ships.
    If you want, I can PM you a link to my work.
    Don't think it's compatible with bryce...

6. BerniceD

BerniceD Jedi Youngling

Jul 30, 2011
    Sure, I would love to look at your work even if I can't use it. Right now, I've made an okay Photon using Truespace, but I can't seem to save the model in the .cob format, despite the fact that everything I read says thats the main file truespace saves in... the options just not there! I am going mad! LOL!

7. Psilaef_Zeias

Psilaef_Zeias Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 17, 2006
    Export to .obj (Wavefront) format. Check the manual, Bryce will import many file formats, including .lwo (Lightwave.) For such a simple shape, even the crappy .dxf format is serviceable.

8. BerniceD

BerniceD Jedi Youngling

Jul 30, 2011
    none of those options seem available is Truespace. There is an RsObj... but bryce wont open that, and deep exploration won't convert it. I am at a loss. I am so surpised that someone hasn't at least created a basic photon torpedo that is I could dowwload. I'm not really into modeling... I just like to create "fanfilms". Thank you for your suggestions though.

9. Magellan_the_Cat

Magellan_the_Cat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    Here.
    click Portfolio button
    click Animation button
    Click on the Star Trek Logo

For some reason, most of the text doesn't show up in FireFox, but it works fine in Internet Explorer.
    ???

Oh, you can look at the other stuff too.
    Haven't posted my droids yet. Was trying to make a single, simple change, and the whole process exploded.
    Go figure.

10. Psilaef_Zeias

Psilaef_Zeias Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 17, 2006
    Blender should do the trick without too much effort, I think? :confused:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.