main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph New DC fan... need to know where to go from here.

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Books and Comics' started by GavinStrife, Feb 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GavinStrife

GavinStrife Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 15, 2005
    I've only recently begun to read the Star Wars Tales volumes. I really enjoyed those, so I decided to jump into the world of DC comics. I picked up "Identity Crisis" and really just didn't want it to end. My friends always talk about the whole "Infinite Crisis" thats going on right now, but I'm at a loss as to where to turn from here. I'd really like to stick to the thicker bound copies and not worry with picking up individual comics, because I'd really like to keep the story in tact and not have to wait for the next issue to come out, and I'd kindof like to keep it current and not backtrack very much.. and DC please, I don't think I'm ready to delve into Marvel haha. Any suggestions, or is there even another bound edition out yet? Thanks in advance!

2. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    Oy...you could not have picked a more convoluted time to get into DC. But ah well. If you're looking for lead ins to "Infinite Crisis," the series' (now in TPBs) "The OMAC Project," "Day of Judgement," "Rann/Thanagar War," and "Villains United" all lead into the main series. There's also a "Prelude to IC" TPB printed that should get you up to speed as well.

3. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    This should be a good time to get into DC. Its another Post-crisis really. Everything is starting fresh. Sure it will take awhile to get there (past OYL and 52) but its the perfect time to jump in.

4. chiss_man

Jul 1, 2002
    Once "One Year Later" hits I'll agree with you.

5. Raven

Raven Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998
    Oy, really got to agree 100%.

Infinite Crisis, OMAC, Day of Judgment, Rann/Thanagar War, Villains United, and Countdown to Infinite Crisis will mostly cover the Crisis. You're still missing out on a lot of major events - including some minor deaths and at least one major marriage proposal - but that'll get you most of what's important.

After Infinite Crisis is over, it's a whole new ball game. I'd suggest getting 52 if you like the Crisis. And then, just follow the plotlines left hanging after the Crisis that you're interested in. Before long, you too will be spending far too much money on comics!

6. GavinStrife

Sep 15, 2005
    Thanks for the input guys! I picked up "OMAC Project" and, simply because the cover said it was the aftermath to Identity Crisis, I got "JLA:Crisis of Conscience"... good picks? Thanks agian!

7. chiss_man

Jul 1, 2002
    The JLA story is a good bridge between "Identity Crisis" and "Infinite Crisis" and does in fact influence events in "Infinite Crisis" later on quite a bit. Also, if you liked "The OMAC Project," you might be interested in "Superman: Sacrifice" which directly ties into that series.

8. GavinStrife

Sep 15, 2005
    Geez, theres just so much out there! Now I gotta keep readin JLA cuz I need to know what happened at the end... kindof a cliffhanger there... :_| But seriously, I don't knoy why it took me 21 years to decide I liked comics... Oh well, better late than never ;)

9. Raven

Raven Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998
    What happened at the end is continued in Infinite Crisis #1, not JLA. It's in Infinite Crisis #4 (I think) that it's revealed exactly what happened there and why.

10. GavinStrife

Sep 15, 2005
    Ahh okay then... well, guess I gotta get some more money and go get back-issues of Infinite Crisis...

11. EvilYoda

EvilYoda Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 14, 2002
    You should go over to the comic book draft of course. :)

http://boards.theforce.net/census/b10264/23161503/p1

12. Darthsuperbatpooh

Darthsuperbatpooh Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 29, 2002
    yeah...come on..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.