main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series New Force Powers & Other Force Feats in The Clone Wars

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Dark Lord Tarkas, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Sable_Hart

Sable_Hart Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2009
    Another cool feat and Starkiller-esque moment from Savage:

[​IMG]

Which makes what happens below extremely impressive:

[​IMG]

You see Savage squirming and flexing, trying to shrug that power off, but he's helpless:

[​IMG]

Maul, the guy who chucks ambassadorial shuttles around like Tonka trucks, is similarly thwarted:

[​IMG]

And Sidious, the man holding these two juggernauts at bay? Not a problem.

[​IMG]

Possibly the most badass display of telekinesis in the series.

2. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Sable_Hart I completely agree about Darth Sidious in The Lawless, and thanks for the amazing screen-shots!

KenobiSkywalker and Sable_Hart like this.
  3. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Season 5 does seem to have some of the best uses of force.

Sable_Hart likes this.
  4. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    There are super-crazy-high Force-jumps in:

The beginning of Padawan Lost when Plo Koon Force-jumps to lead some jet-packed clone troopers.

Towards the end of Kidnapped when Anakin and Ahsoka leap off their pre-AT-ST's to catch the spaceship of the fleeing Darts D'Nar.

The very beginning of Deception when Anakin and Obi-Wan are chasing the real Rako Hardeen.

rumblewagon likes this.
  5. Hercu Dogla

Hercu Dogla Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 2013
    So I just started watching the show again from the begining and I noticed something in the first episode "ambush." There was talk on the previous page of the father and then the master from TOR despelling lit lightsabers. Well Yoda did the same thing to Ventress at the end of "Ambush." I had forgotten about it and made it really cool to see when going back

6. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    What Yoda does in Ambush isn't the same as the The Father in Overlords. Yoda used the Force to make Ventress' lightsabers go flying out of her hands and deactivate them in midair. The Father actually puts his hand on the lightsaber blade to extinguish it.

There are a few awesome Force feats in Ambush. Yoda uses the Force to lift up a super battle droid, turn it around in midair, and attack the rest of its group. Then at the end Ventress uses the Force to cause an avalanche and Yoda uses the Force to protect King Katuunko and others from it.

7. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Savage's usage of the force was pretty cool at times because he was so animalistic with it. Nothing Savage ever did had any refinement he just uses it like an animal uses its natural weapons with brutality and power.

8. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    There's at least one more Force power we see the Jedi do that was never seen in on-screen Star Wars before TCW that no one has mentioned yet...anybody think they know what it is? Hint: in TCW it's the Jedi doing it, but in EU dark side Force-users also do this.

9. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Nobody? Nothing?

10. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    Is it Ahsoka's ability to trigger Force visions on command?

JackG and CT-867-5309 like this.
  11. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    No, we see Yoda do that in the OT and the PT, so it's not new. Also, throughout the episode Ahsoka gets the visions involuntarily, and the one time she tries to have one, all she sees is a blurred color - much less than other visions. JackG or CT-867-5309 have anything to say about that? "Difficult to see..."

The answer was: accessing Holocrons. We don't see Holocrons in the Star Wars films at all, though apparently there was concept art for some made for Ep. II according the TCW S2 DVD extra for those episodes, and The Clone Wars introduced them to this high level of canon:

[​IMG]

Really cool concept from the EU finally portrayed in on-screen Star Wars thanks to The Clone Wars.

12. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Are Holocrons themselves a force power? Or is the act of reading and opening one that is a force power?

I wonder is 'spiritual pressure' could be something like the a force power. The way the younglings in "The Gathering" search for their crystals and tend to feel the right one calling to them in the episode.

13. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    No, the Holocrons are not incarnate-Force or anything like that, but in the EU they are created from physical parts with the Force and can only be activated with the Force (a simulation of the Jedi or Sith Master who made it would teach the activator about the Force), and in TCW Anakin had to use the Force to put a crystal in it so Cad Bane could get information from it...which is actually kind of bizarre, but hey, we got Holocrons on on-screen Star Wars.

14. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    I liked the scene where Mace, Anakin and Obi-Wan use the Force on Cad Bane at the same time.. I wasn't sure if the Jedi could combine their powers like that, but apparently they can.

It's interesting to note that if three Jedi could overpower Cad Bane, then the Jedi Council could have forced Darth Maul to reveal his Master. With this info, Mace's insistence on capturing Maul makes sense.

Who knew the Jedi could Mind Rape someone if they put their minds to it.

15. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    No we don't dude. We had this discussion before.

16. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    1.) We agreed to disagree on it, so reminding me of the discussion we had doesn't change my assertion. 2.) There's a point I didn't think to bring up when we had that debate, which is that when Luke asks Yoda if his friends will die, Yoda closes his eyes for a moment and says it's difficult to see. That means he consciously made an effort to have a Force-vision but didn't see anything definitive, which is exactly what happens with Ahsoka at the end of Assassin.

That's one of my favorites too! Especially since Mace Windu says they could "destroy" the "mind" of the person they were doing it to if they weren't careful.

[​IMG]

17. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Actually, you kept going back to your original opinions. ;) I do remember now and we simply gave up. It wasn't much of a discussion, since we kept circling. Yoda did not have an instant Force vision, but you're more than welcome to see it as that.

18. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    Hard to tell, since he said it was "difficult to see" so it wasn't really much of a vision, while Ahsoka seemed to get a pretty clear picture.

19. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    GGrievous you must have a super broad definition of "instant Force vision" if you count a purple blur. [face_clown]

Togruta Ahsoka's clearer visions were all involuntary, the one time she tried to see something all she saw was a purple blur.

20. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Not enough pics on this page! Anakin owns Barriss with the Force in The Wrong Jedi:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

21. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    This variation of Force Grip / Force Choke is unintentionally amusing thanks to Barriss' expression. I recall QuangoFett saying, "Anakin thus dips into the 'darkness' when he sacrifices Barriss' temporal hormonal balance and the integrity of her trachea in the immediate term" in order to protect the younglings around the battle. Poor Barriss!

Sable_Hart likes this.
  22. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Hahaha - as usual when others here see sex in TCW, I don't - but that's still amusing.

23. Sitara

Sitara Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2001
    Maul can use the Force. Cad Bane cannot. Huge difference.

24. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I thought Cad Bane surrendered information because of how painful it was when Anakin, Mace, and Obi-wan tried to overpower Cad Banes mind. Not because it works. It seems like that would be more effective as torture.

25. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Correct, he told them because he wanted them to "get out of [his] head," not because the triple Jedi mind trick worked in the usual sense.

Seerow and The Shadow Emperor like this.