main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New forum structure has been implemented

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Vertical, May 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Night4554

Night4554 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 9, 2000
    Thanks for letting us know, and the announcement too, it's good to see you people actually using it ;)

you oughta make an announcement thread for when Mod Swuad Updates are added, then post a link in each reply.

¤Night

2. Darth_AYBABTU

Darth_AYBABTU Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 8, 2001

I support a Debo forum.

AYBABTU?

3. B'omarr

B'omarr Jedi Master star 6

Apr 7, 2000
    Whew! Now I can freely post in the collecting forum without the whole EU stigmata attatched to it.

On the other hand, I feel like I've been demoted on the Geek heirarchy. I'll just have to go order a pizza online, to make myself feel better.

4. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    B'omarr...
    "EU stigmata"

I think you might mean "stigma," but I'm not quite sure. :D

5. Darth_AYBABTU

Darth_AYBABTU Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 8, 2001

stigmata -- A mark or characteristic indicative of a history of a disease or abnormality

Nope. Sounds like EU to me. :p

AYBABTU?

6. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    The Debo Forum was suggested here.

And my own recommendations, one of which being the merging of Announcements and Communications, can be found in this thread -- these are excerpts from a bigger piece I've written.

7. Obi-Zahn Kenobi

Obi-Zahn Kenobi Force Ghost star 7

Aug 23, 1999
    Ah.

Very good. Carry on.

Still, I like having Communications in Community.

8. boushh2187

boushh2187 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 1999
    I wish that EU Community stayed EU Community. For some reason I think that renaming it "Misc." will make less people visit it. I think that Community described the board better...

9. Radical_Edward

Radical_Edward Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2002
    Edward likes the new look. Edward says she will have to get used to where communications is, but still a good job. :) :) :)

10. Dark_Lord_Erik

Dark_Lord_Erik Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2001
    Just a suggestion when posting links. Don't include the page number. Not everyone has the same page-view settings.

Example: When clicking Debo's first link I get a white page with nothing on it. It's because I have my post per page set to 50, where his is set to 25.

Just a suggestion.

Erik

11. Jeff 42

Jeff 42 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 14, 1998
    Good suggestion. A better way to link to that post would be like this. That will go to the specific post where the Debo Forum was suggested. To find the proper url, however, I believe you need to go to the view latest posts page of the person who posted the message.

12. Dark_Lord_Erik

Dark_Lord_Erik Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2001
    I meant to add that part to my suggestion. Thanks for picking up on my omission.

Erik

13. Jedi Greg Maddux

Jedi Greg Maddux Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 3, 1999
    Does the "Census" forum really belong in the Community sub-category? I mean, while it *is* off-topic (from Star Wars, that is), only the admins are allowed to post polls, and I think that if a forum is admin-dependent (well, they're all dependent of them, but I'm talking about forums like Communications, where they answer questions and post updates and such) it should belong in the Administration subcategory.

14. Vertical

Vertical Former Head Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 6, 1999
    But the census doesn't deal with Administrative topics, ordinarily. It covers Communal topics, topics to help you get to know one another.

Vertical

15. Jedi Greg Maddux

Aug 3, 1999
    I agree with you that that the Census forum is topically similar to that of the Community and Senate floor forums. I never said that it *should* be moved, I was only thinking that it could also work in the Administration subcategory since the forum would have no purpose whatsoever without the admins.

16. Vertical

Vertical Former Head Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 6, 1999
    Ah, but VIP's can post in there, too. ;)

Vertical

17. Jedi Greg Maddux

Aug 3, 1999
    Yup, but how many of them actually are aware of that fact, much less post topics there? :p

18. jedi-mind-trick

jedi-mind-trick VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 6, 2001
    I think the changes make good sense. Way to go, guys! :D

19. Jedi Greg Maddux

Aug 3, 1999
    Heh, at any rate, the changes that were made should be helpful. I don't frequent those forums too often but I know that what you did will benefit those who do frequent them. :)

20. Darth Ludicrous

Darth Ludicrous Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 25, 2000
    Census belongs in community because it is a place to vote on polls and discuss your opinions.

21. Night4554

Night4554 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 9, 2000
    I was tempted to post there to clean out some of the polls that had yet to be posted, but i asked TSL and he said i would be spanked and de-colored :p

¤Night

22. Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof

Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 19, 2000
    Gah, all my Favorite Boards are mixed up now and I keep hitting the wrong links. :p

This will take some getting used to, but if it helps some of the newer folks out I guess it all makes sense.

23. Rogue2point0

Rogue2point0 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 19, 2001
    Good job. I like the new structure, except for the EU Misc. thing and I guess I'll get used to it. Over all, everything's better, in my opinion. I like the move of Comm to Administration. Makes sense to me. :)

I too support the notion of a Debo forum! :D

24. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    Gah, all my Favorite Boards are mixed up now and I keep hitting the wrong links

I've done the same several times :).

25. Valiowk

Valiowk Chosen One star 6

Apr 23, 2000
    Same here. I instinctively reached out for the link 2 links above JC Community and realised that I had gotten to the wrong forum! Then I actually had to look for JC Communications! [face_blush]

Hopefully this will clear up the purposes of some of these forums. Don't think it will matter much to those of us who rely on the Favourite Boards function most of the time, though.

Just curious, how are the forums arranged in the Favourite Boards list? I can't find any order to them.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.