main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Members Check in Here!

Discussion in 'Archive: Bakersfield CA' started by Mara_Jade_Fan, Aug 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tvgrluvsw

tvgrluvsw Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2003
    monday the 22 sounds good, where at sharkeys pizza? and what time 7:00? anyone else think this is good? chime in please

2. Jedi_Riibu

Jedi_Riibu Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    That sounds fine. But someone is going to have to give me very good directions!!

3. tvgrluvsw

May 1, 2003
    i hope everyone can come!!!
    i think we should of course have introductions. we can come up with a name for the group, decide on what our next topics wil be , discuss vegas comic con, we could play a little star wars trivia, i have some already, share costume and collecting stories. maybe i will get some prizes for the trivia. decide on roles for everyone, such as leader, secretary, etc. what does everyone think?

4. Jedi_Riibu

Nov 14, 2001
    I think we're supposed to wait until the 3rd meeting to vote people into positions. But all of those topics sound fun!

5. tvgrluvsw

May 1, 2003
    ok cool, i didnt know that but cool.

does the pizza thing and the date sound good to you?

6. Jedi_Riibu

Nov 14, 2001
    Pizza's always good. :D We need to get Mara_Jade_Fan to announce our meeting, now.

7. tvgrluvsw

May 1, 2003
    i will give you directions, when you move here. and do you like my new icon?

8. mockadane2

mockadane2 Jedi Youngling

Sep 7, 2003
    I have a few more S-W FANS for this meating ...if thats ok...

9. SAURRON

SAURRON Jedi Youngling

Apr 1, 2003

I believe I'll be there. Monday evening is usually good for me.

10. tvgrluvsw

May 1, 2003
    the more the better. but are you all coming to monday night at sharkeys? is that good?

11. tvgrluvsw

May 1, 2003
    oh yeah and i bought two lovely prizes for the star wars trivia game.

12. Batfrog

Batfrog Jedi Youngling

Sep 15, 2003
    Monday the 22nd sounds good. Which Sharkeys Pizza??? I would vote for either the one on Stockdale or Alta Vista.

13. tvgrluvsw

May 1, 2003
    stockdale

14. Batfrog

Batfrog Jedi Youngling

Sep 15, 2003
    One thing to think about with the meeting time of 7pm on Monday is Monday night football. If they have a big screen there it will be crowded and we may have some trouble finding a place to sit

15. tvgrluvsw

May 1, 2003
    I know i was thinking about that but where else could we go, pizza places have more freedom and less confining.
    What about Shakeys on white lane they are alot bigger.
    i typed up the star wars trivia and i have two prizes for it. should be fun.

i think we should start with introductions , then any topics we want to discuss, such as costuming and vegas comic con, then star wars trivia the chit chat or what ever.

im excited(of you couldnt tell)

16. Batfrog

Batfrog Jedi Youngling

Sep 15, 2003
    Sharkeys is Ok with me or Shakeys for that matter. I haven't been to either one in a very long time. I live out in the North West so I'm aways from no mans land anyway. I just prefer to not have to drive all the way up to the East side. All we can do is try it on Monday and see how things go. We might want to change the night in the future to Tuesday or another night during the week. Let's try this time and play it by ear in the future. Afterall.....Pizza places are a cool place to meet up as a group.

And NO.....I couldn't tell that you were excited at all!!! LOL

It should be fun and I look forward to meeting everyone!!!

17. tvgrluvsw

May 1, 2003
    then its sharkeys pizza on stockdale and s. real road at 7:00

hey porterville boys, are you guys coming?

18. Jedi_Riibu

Nov 14, 2001
    Hey, I'm in Bakersfield now! I'm looking forward to seeing everyone on Monday!

19. tvgrluvsw

May 1, 2003
    do you need directions?

20. Jedi_Riibu

Nov 14, 2001
    I think I'm ok. I checked the map and all looks good. I guess we'll find out when/if I show up. ;)

21. mockadane2

mockadane2 Jedi Youngling

Sep 7, 2003
    Im so looking forward to meeting all of you.... thye 22nd is gonna be great...

btw ... dont expect too much, im just an old s-w fan that has come out of the closet...lol

22. Batfrog

Batfrog Jedi Youngling

Sep 15, 2003
    First of all welcome to Bakersfield. Glad you made it and look forward to meeting everyone.

23. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    Not a new member as I don't like in or near Bakersfield, but I was reading through and had to just make a quick post.

Oh! That_Wascally_Droid is here! Cool! :cool:

i will need all the help with costumes, since i cant sew at all. for my jedi costume i traded work, i can draw, for people's sewing abilities.

You are in for treat! I so owe my Harry Potter robes being completed (and on time for the release of book 5 in June) to Riibu. I did the actual sewing (though on her machine), but w/o her help I would've never dared tackle the project on my own. :)

So anyway, good to see several local people in this thread. Here's to you becoming an official chapter shortly. :cool:

24. padawanskywalker

padawanskywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2003
    I'm not from California,but I can tell you guys,hope you get to be an official chapter soon.BTW,I was born in Houston,have a house there,but currently reside in Enterprise,for quite some time,with a house.Yes,it is alot of money,but I get around.Good luck on becoming official!

25. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    Just reading through the posts and while our small, but insanely determined group is starting up a Tulare County FanForce here in Visalia. Well, though maybe we could hook up at some point in time.

My name is Kim and I've been a fan of SW since that first ship flew across the screen on May 23, 1977 @ approx 10:20 a.m. Then they showed the Falcon..and it was love at first sight (ok STILL love that ship..hmm also love the Black Pearl..guess I have something for ships that need a little TLC now and then).

Anyways, our people are heavy into costuming. We are willing to share our knowledge. Our love is character recreation (Kenobi, Anakin, Padme, A certain female Jedi Councilm member- wich will hopefully debut sometime this summer), and our official mascot is a full sized fully articulated replica of Anakin's Mom..after she has been drug around on the back of his speeder bike). She gets carried around the cons and has already helped the Padawan and his fiance grab their Master's in Costuming. So as you can tell by our sick sense of humor..we love to laugh and have a great time. (Oh yeah, and whack on each other with lightsabers)

(Before I forget..not quite SW, but we are also in the process of doing replica Pirate of the Caribbean costumes but our main love is SW). So, if you wouldn't mind if our groups could hook upsome time, we would love it. (I suppose this is either an official invitation or a warning that we are wanting to come on down).We also offer bribes with a vacuumform machine that we are in the process of learning how to use for armor.

Anyways..We're here with any info and support we can offer. The more the merrier

Force Be With You.

Kenobi/Kim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.