main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NSW New Movies thread!!

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by mauls-menace, Jun 26, 2002.

1. Rebel_Padawan

Rebel_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 11, 2003
    So last night I got to see The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnasus which was suitably bizarre and today I went and saw Moon which was very good! Both quite enjoyable.

2. Scoot

Scoot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2002
    Looking forward to seeing Up in the Air. Also really glad we are getting the Toy Story and Toy Story 2 Double feature in 3d in January. Not glad I'll miss it (I'm shipping over to Orlando to do a 6 month internship at Disney World!)

3. Shadowfire

Shadowfire Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 1998
    Allow me to be the first to congratulate you... you utter, utter bastard.

4. mauls-menace

mauls-menace Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    Damn, I can't believe a thread I started is still going!

Avatar in 3D is unbelievable, visually a feast for the eyes. I was disappointed in the story, it's basically Pocohontas on another planet! The score could have been better too James Horner really needs to get some new ideas I swear the Titanic theme popped up a few times. But I could put up with both just from the spectacular visual experience that had me transfixed from start to finish.

Now all we need is someone to come up with a flatscreen TV that'll do justice to this movie in 3D!

5. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Ki-Bara-Mundi Jedi Master star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    Caught Sherlock Holmes on the weekend. Was pleasantly surprised by how entertaining it was. The trailer makes it look a little run-of-the-mill, but I think Ritchie & Co pulled it off well.

I'd like to see Lovely Bones next...

6. JediMasterKieca

JediMasterKieca Jedi Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    The Lovely Bones was good, though it really dragged out by the end. The surreal purgatory sequences were interesting at first but irritating by the end.

7. Rebel_Padawan

Apr 11, 2003
    Did anyone enjoy Alice? I wasn't all that impressed by it and the 3D just annoyed me.

8. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Unlocked as per requested.

9. Rebel_Padawan

Apr 11, 2003
    Thanks Adalia!!

Ok, so movies of recent times...

HP 7 part 2 made an awful lot of money, anyone enjoy it? I thought it was decent but the final battle between Harry and Voldy just irritated me.

Transformers 3 was loud and obnoxious, but at least there was no Megan Fox!

Captain America was decent but not as good as Thor IMO

I'm trying to think of the next movie I intend to go see, but drawing a blank at the moment... certainly not Priest.

10. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    Thanks Adalia!

For Harry Potter... I am not a big Harry Potter fan but I didn't mind the part 7.2. I did find some parts to be visually dark to a point it where you aren't sure what you were looking at until several seconds into the scene. The ending/s felt drawn out with how it was cut together... there were several places they could have cut to the next shot one but they kept it going for longer than necessary. The epilogue felt out of place.

Transformers 3.... Needs more John Conner and Skynet.

I enjoyed Thor, I haven't seen Captain America yet. X-Men: First Class was great.

Kung Fu Panda 2 was great fun and it looks like there might be another one too.

For films coming out.... we have Johnny English: Reborn coming out soon... Puss in Boots might be in November.

The upcoming big event for this year for me will be the Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn on Boxing Day. That Steven Spielberg/Peter Jackson film looks amazing! I remember watching the cartoons when I was younger and this film certain captures the spirit of that and Indiana Jones.

11. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Has anyone else been watching the production diaries for The Hobbit? I don't want to go into spoilers for those that don't want them but there are a few things in it that has me excited for what/who could possibly happen/appear in the film.

12. Kehleyr

Kehleyr Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    I really need to make the effort to get out and see movies more often...

Wedding and baby stuff have kept us at home for most of the last few months ><

13. Rebel_Padawan

Apr 11, 2003
    Those production diaries have been such a joy to watch. December 2012 seems like too far away though

14. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master star 6

Jun 17, 2005
    I thought Captain America was superb!

Cowboys and Aliens was rubbish!

Green Lantern was better than everybody lets on!

Harry Potter Part 2 was quite fun. Voldemort was so well acted, he was easily my favourite character in the film. "Harry. Potter. ... IS DEAD." *gleeful smile* Ahahahahaha

The Lion King in 3D is what I'm looking forward to! Woohoo!

15. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    The Lion King in 3D!!!! My favourite animated film of all time... I cannot wait to see it again on the big screen. In cinemas September 22nd and in October we have the Blu-Ray release too. I wonder if Aladdin will receive the same treatment...

December 2012 is too far to wait for The Hobbit. They look like they are having such a great time working on those two films so far. I really hope we get to see John Rhys Davies in the movie.

16. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Has everyone seen the new Avengers Trailer?

I'm keeping an open mind. I haven't seen Incredible Hulk or Captain America films yet though and I didn't mind the Iron Man films and Thor. I personally prefer the X-Men films and I don't know if I'll see the Spidey 'reboot'

17. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    I really enjoy my comic book and superhero flicks, so I'll definitely be watching them all. Can't wait for Avengers to tell the truth!

18. Rebel_Padawan

Apr 11, 2003
    The next movie I will probably see at the cinemas is the poorly titled 'In Time' with Justin Timberlake. The premise of the film looks quite promising.

19. Teknobabel

Teknobabel Jedi Master star 5

Jun 4, 2000
    right now I must say its TV show time, way to much on at the moment.

movies can wait till i get my new tv up and running.

20. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    What are some shows worth watching?

21. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    For some reason I keep thinking that Logan/Wolverine will make a cameo in the Avengers all because of that Marvel Ultimate Alliance game.
    Comicbook films...you just reminded me of something. I remember a while back that they were in production... or getting ready to, for a new Phantom film. I haven't heard much since and Billy Zane did have a contract for more. I enjoyed the first one and thought he was perfect as the 'Ghost Who Walks'. I wonder if there has been much progress.

For TV... what is worth watching? I don't get to watch much and the only thing I can think of is The Clone Wars and Big Bang Theory... which I watch the blu-ray/dvd versions of them.

22. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Foxtel for TV, re runs of Stargate.. ;) Watching season one again....gives me my 'Daniel Fix' =P~

I did want to see the Muskateer movie, but the reviews have been really bad, like really really bad! I will wait for DVD and not pay the idiotic $21 a ticket to see it.

23. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Oooo... Stargate! Richard Dean Anderson/Jack O'Neill and the rest of the cast is brilliant. His presence got me into the series because he is MacGyver. It's upsetting SGU was not given a fair go and how now all SG productions (series/films) have ceased. Complete boxset of SGU comes out next month.

Apparently the trailer for The Phantom Menace 3D will be assigned to The Three Musketeers film. Hmm.. my favourite version the Musketeers has to be the Disney one from '93 with Kiefer Sutherland, Oliver Platt, Tim Curry, etc.

24. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
  25. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    There is a chance that the The Hobbit trailer will be attached to the upcoming Tintin film when it comes out on Boxing Day.

I can't wait for both films. I have the Art of the Adventures of Tintin book and the work that went into creating Herge's characters for the film and the environments is just... outstanding.