main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Republic Capital Ships - still sorting out the mess... (Fleet Junkies- HO!)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Thrawn McEwok, Jun 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    Top center ship seems to resemble the 6.2 Km cruiser, though they blended it with a Mon Cal cruiser... If that is true, it debunks the winglets that the Warlords mod put on it.

2. EvilleJedi

EvilleJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 19, 2004
    the problem is the 6km cruiser is incredibly slender hulled and has some sort of ventral bulb, of all the pictures in dark empire the 6km cruiser is one of the most rigourously defined aside from the allegiance just based on the detail visible in the art.

for some reason that design of the eclipse really appeals to me, it looks excessivly draconian and definatly evil.

3. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Well, I just bought the Thrawn Trilogy Sourcebook from WEG, and I have to say that it is awesome. It includes all the pictures, information, diagrams, and stuff from the three individual sourcebooks (HTTE, DFR, LC). There is an interesting picture of the Imperial fleet that I think may shed some light on Thrawn's forces. It is not the one that we discussed earlier which shows a Strike Cruiser to be small, nor is it the diagram showing the line formation of Thrawn's personal fleet.

This piece of artwork shows a vast Imperial armada, including at least thirty Star Destroyer arrowheads. The best part is that nearly all of them are clearly ISD's, not Interdictors or VSDs. This is a great shot that gives us a idea about the scope of the forces Thrawn commanded. If I had a scanner I would try to post it, but I do not.

Suffice it to say, I am going to look at the pic closely later tonight and get a count on each type of ship. Then I will post it here and let you all know what I found.

--Adm. Nick

4. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I have it too, Nick. Give me a page number and I can scan. :)

5. Fingolfin_Noldor

Fingolfin_Noldor Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2004
    Damn.. where on earth can one get those source books these days? Especially the Truce of Bakura source book.

6. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Both E-Bay and Amazon.com's used books section have most of the old WEG sourcebooks available. Personally, the best ones are the Truce at Bakura, The Trawn Trilogy, and Dark Empire sourcebooks. Those three contain more interesting information than all the others combined.

--Adm. Nick

7. Fingolfin_Noldor

Aug 10, 2004
    Amazon has it? Thanks for the heads up... Better to buy there than to bid for the damn book.

8. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    What I want are those bloody adventure journals. :(

9. Fingolfin_Noldor

Aug 10, 2004
    What do the Adventure Journals contain? I saw them on Ebay sometimes... rarely though.

I have the Dark Empire source book and Cracken's threat dossier already. But finding the Thrawn trilogy source book is a pain. The Truce of Bakura source book can be found easily though.

10. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    Ready to sort out the mess in v.2.0?

EDIT- Couldn't resist....

"Ten thousand?! We could almost buy our own ship for that!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.