main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT New scenes for A new Hope, during the PT shooting session ?!

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by welles76, Feb 8, 2013.

1. welles76

welles76 Jedi Youngling

Mar 30, 2005
  2. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    I'd like to see that scene it would make the threat of the Death Star even bigger.

3. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    I'm pretty sure that he was just joking.

4. Darth_Nub

Darth_Nub Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 26, 2009
    Even if it was true, it would have been used by now. The 2004 DVDs and the 2011 Blu-Rays have been released since that article was published.

DarthBoba likes this.
  5. welles76

welles76 Jedi Youngling

Mar 30, 2005
    i think Lucas keep this scenes for the OT 3D comversion... if he shoot this scenes is real of course...

6. Lord Chazza

Lord Chazza Jedi Master star 4

Jan 4, 2013
    George is like a gambler who keeps losing but comes back for more. It's just special edition release after special edition release and nobody's ever happy with them. I don't want new scenes. If they're going to remaster the original films then why can't they do just that. Remaster the films to add better quality visuals and correct the mistakes e.g. visible crew members or the un-dead Captain Needa. Not add in more scenes that didn't make the grade back in 1977-83 and fiddle with scenes that worked just fine. Greedo shot first anyone?

7. Chainmail_Jedi

Chainmail_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 26, 2013
    eventually gamblers go broke though. I hope George's new wife divorces him, too. And takes all his money.

8. Jedi_Ford_Prefect

Jedi_Ford_Prefect Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2003
    Wow. Lots of negativity here.

If these new scenes did exist, they probably would've surfaced by now, either on the DVD, Blu Ray or even in online leaks. If Lucasfilm couldn't keep the addition of an extra "No" out of Vader a secret, do you honestly think it would take long before news broke out of Jimmy Smitts stepping in front of a blue-screen again? I mean, what else would he be doing at this point? A belated "LA Law" reunion special?

9. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I always envisioned a scene with Bail Organa, he sits down on his opulent terrace in the morning, takes a tip of his morning coffee, opens up the newspaper, big headline - "IMPERIAL ARMY MAKES WORLD DESTROYING SUPERWEAON". Bail looks up to the sky, high in the clouds like another small moon orbiting his planet he can see the vauge outline of the Death Star looming over Alderaan. Then it's superweapon starts to glow green. "Aw, sh-"

Cut to Alderaan exploding exterior shot.

Chainmail_Jedi likes this.
  10. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Ahem. The proper term is 'dreaded Imperial Starfleet'. :p

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  11. Darthgoodguy

Darthgoodguy Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 2, 2012
    You know, I actually get excited by new scenes and things in future Star Wars home video releases. The problem is that these become THE official version. Give us a "Classic" release, a "Saga" release, a "The Clone Wars with Ahsoka added" (sic) release and an "Ultra-Super-Duper-We-Swear-This-Is-The-Last-Release" release!!! Everyone would be happy! (Except my wife because we'd be broke) :p

12. Darthgoodguy

Darthgoodguy Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 2, 2012
    Oh but never let Greedo take a shot In any of the releases because that's just retarded...... Come to think of it also no Jabba in A New Hope. Can we say neutered?

Thank you.