main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV New to Vegas, want to say Hi

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Estranged, Oct 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Estranged

Estranged Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2001
    Hello everyone! I've just moved to Vegas two days ago. I'm by myself and dont really know anyone out here so I'm looking to make new friends. I'm a 22 year old guy and next month I am taking the Police Exam for the Metropolitan Police Department. If anyone wants to chat sometime and give me the best info or show me around Vegas than just give me a PM!! :)

2. Acthar_Sm-Ith

Acthar_Sm-Ith Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2002
    rock on, welcome to Vegas. I would offer to hang out, but Inaen and I are the two "out-of-state" members :)

3. Darth-Kevin-Thomas

Darth-Kevin-Thomas Jedi Master star 5

Sep 27, 2002
    Nice to see a new face...you should find out where to avoid first (traffic and things of that nature)

hope everything goes well for you.

dkt

4. Axia_Euxine

Axia_Euxine Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2003
    Welcome to Vegas. You can meet most of us at the staurday night RPG game. And thats really the only time I get out. PLease refer to the Episode 3 no spoilers rules thread which I will bump up to the top now, thanks.

5. Inaen

Inaen Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 17, 2002
    LOL axia, Hey estrangled. Welcome to the boards, Ill prolly never ever see ya but thats ok, cause Im always on the boards.

6. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    Whats so funny? hmmmmm

7. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    Welcome! Glad you found us. While our only planned meetings are Saturday, sometime we see movies and stuff, so if you even want to join up with people, I'm sure that would be cool.

8. Estranged

May 3, 2001
    Hey morondude, you're not that far from me. I am on living desert. I read that in the other thread in case you were wondering.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! I'll try to join up with you guys at the next whatever you guys do :)

9. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    Holy crap, we aren't far at all! Neato!

http://maps.yahoo.com/dd_result?ed=WuKLmOV.wikX3PtqtcXLyQERZJuO2p9H2HFLaZD4njqkK.Fj1ie6&csz=Las+Vegas&tcsz=Las+V

10. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    Yes post for the entire world to see where you live. Or am I just paranoid?

11. Darth-Kevin-Thomas

Darth-Kevin-Thomas Jedi Master star 5

Sep 27, 2002
    Wow, i got lost once and drove by that area. Nice little place.

12. Estranged

May 3, 2001
    You're paranoid, Axia.

13. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    Just becuase you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you!

14. Petra_Blakkwing

Petra_Blakkwing Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    uh....hey.....come to starbucks when you're in your metro uniform...you'll get free drinks.....just a tip, from your friendly neighborhood Starbucks employee.....

15. Jankarakk

Jankarakk Jedi Master star 4

Aug 27, 2003
    I sold a couple of computers today to a manager of another Star Bucks.

16. JediMasterRevan

JediMasterRevan Jedi Youngling star 4

May 18, 2004
    Do Firefighters get free coffee??

17. Inaen

Inaen Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 17, 2002
    Hey, will I get a free drink if I come by in a uniform with... uh....the word Metro on the... like.. sleeve or... the collar??

18. Luminara_Jade

Luminara_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    probably if you wanna drive all the way down to petra's new starbucks...but who am i to say really?

19. Lex_Luthor_1

Lex_Luthor_1 Jedi Youngling

Oct 11, 2004
  20. kampilan

kampilan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    Yo, welcome to Vegas, your new home, Estranged.

Good luck on your Metro Entrance Exam, man.

Starbucks...I just heard about the coffee empire not wanting to support the War so I'm boycotting my Light Frap and my fave, the Java Chip w/o whip and drinking more Milk Tea drinks at Chinatown. Read that some Marines wrote Starbucks to send some coffee grounds/beans to Iraq or Afghanistan but Starbucks politely replied that they do not support the war that (our) troops are fighting in. Boycott!

So, if I came in with a military uniform, I'd be turned away and be called a baby-killer, right? ;) War for Oil lover?

21. Petra_Blakkwing

Petra_Blakkwing Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    Revan.....I give firefighters free drinks....but not everyone does, 'cause they suck......

22. Moka

Moka Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    I fought a fire once, when I was 16 in my parents backyard; it erupted from a flaming gas can that had spilled in a twelve foot radius on the grass. Which I had NO PART in starting by the way. Well not no part. Well Ok, I started it, but it was an accident. See there was a big anthill in my moms garden so i thought I'd get rid of it by burning them out. I doused the hill with charcoal started, lit it and let it burn a few minutes. When the flames died out though, the ants just started coming right back up out of the hole. So I thought I'd try something stronger, like...gasoline. I started driping it down the hole, but soon found that my previous observation was wrong when flames leapt from the hole, up the stream of gas and into the spout. Thinking that I might be faster than a speeding flame I immediately ripped the spout off the can which then erupted with flames. Worried about a possible explosion, and thinking that I might minimize damage I threw the can as hard as I could toward the unlandscaped side of the backyard where I thoought it could just burn out in the dirt. In my excitement, I ended up throwing it really hard, straight down, and gasoline spilled out onto the lawn creating a twelve foot pond of flaming hell. After about twenty minutes of trying to contain and smother the flames, and really trying to keep them from getting to the house I got the fire out, but not before losing my eyebrows and the whole front potion of my hair. I was only minorly burned on my hands and face though, and ended up shaving my head for the first time as a result of it.

So Petra, since I am technically a fire fighter, can I get a free drink?

23. Jaster-Fett

Jaster-Fett Jedi Youngling

Oct 12, 2004
    Hi everyone *waves* just moved here from Michigan.

24. Acthar_Sm-Ith

Acthar_Sm-Ith Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2002
    what up jaster? Welcome! I am Acthar, the almighty southern nevada troll/moron, at your service!

25. Jankarakk

Jankarakk Jedi Master star 4

Aug 27, 2003
    I thought MoronDude was the "Moron" of the board???

Anywho welcome to the boards Jaster.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.