main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NEW TV SPOTS!

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Garth Maul, Apr 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leelee

leelee Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 4, 2003
    It's finally available on the OS now, but it's called the end of the war

2. sithlord2049

sithlord2049 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 2, 2002
    End of War.....wow. I mean WOW!

The music that plays in the first part kind of reminded me of music from Gladiator. I really really liked it. But I bought the soundtrack and have listened to it a few times, and I really don't remember hearing that chours music. Does my memory suck and it's on there or is this the first time that we've heard it?

3. Beowulf

Beowulf Jedi Master star 5

May 28, 1999
    It's a shame that the last TV spot reveals some of the plot, but it's so haunting and emotion-packed. I damn near teared up listening to it...

4. Lord_Hydronium

Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2002
    But I bought the soundtrack and have listened to it a few times, and I really don't remember hearing that chours music. Does my memory suck and it's on there or is this the first time that we've heard it?

The first part is from Track 8, "Padme's Ruminations", and the second part (after Palpatine's proclamation) is from Track 4, "Anakin's Betrayal" (track titles spoilered for the people trying to avoid them, since I'm not sure if soundtrack stuff is OK to talk about).

5. sithlord2049

sithlord2049 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 2, 2002
    I listend to track 8, you were right. Thanks

6. dav305z

dav305z Jedi Master star 1

Jan 31, 2005
    End of War was terrific. The acting looks great - very natural and intense. Yoda's line in this was especially moving.

7. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    Wow, that was intense. I'm so glad they did a commerical that really focused on the tragedy. I hope I get to see that one on TV.

8. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    I too like what I've seen of the acting so far. (Well, except for Padme's "YOU'RE BRAKEING MY HEART!!!!111!!~") Yoda's delivery of that line is horribly sad. :(

9. Boola Cronk

Boola Cronk Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 5, 1999
    Ok out of all the new ones, which one reveals the plot as I want to avoid that one? So far I have seen Dark side Unleashed, Tragedy, Jedi Action 1 & 2. For the most part those did not reveal much more than what the trailers and music video did; although I do wish I had NOT seen a particular scene in Jedi Action 2. I skipped 'Unite' altogether as I did not want to hear what grievous sounded like.

10. leelee

Jan 4, 2003
    skip the newest three: To Protect You, End of Wars and Seduction if you are really HCSF

11. Boola Cronk

Boola Cronk Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 5, 1999
  12. Aragorn_the_Elfstone

Aragorn_the_Elfstone Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 23, 2002
    (Well, except for Padme's "YOU'RE BRAKEING MY HEART!!!!111!!~")

I actually like that bit of acting. Thinking of the context that it's in, I think it'll fit pretty well. The only fault I could give it is that the line is a bit cheesy. But the acting seems pretty good to me.

13. darthpigskin

darthpigskin Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 17, 2001
    Holy tootin' howdy!! Man, I'm dying here! I just saw End of Wars for the first time. I do have to confess, I did get a little misty after watching that spot.

Actually it is the first TV spot I've seen. (I live in Bosnia and have to deal daily with po dunk dial up, no TV spots, and hardly any merchandise!)

Thank the Maker, we do have a functioning theatre and opening day is actually on the 19th!!! And, yes, I'm holding advanced tickets!

Someone please give me a tranquilizer!

14. slobadog

slobadog Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 28, 2002
    oh yes here, no worry it'll be quick. (zing)

15. DarthBabe

DarthBabe Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 18, 2002
    End of Wars, I think is the best TV spot. :D :D :D

16. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    I can't believe that they didn't show a trailer commerical on either last night's "Lost" or today's "O.C.", with George actually on the freakin' show! Sheesh, what do I have to do to see the new ones on TV?!

/end rant. :p

17. zenwave

zenwave Jedi Master star 1

May 30, 2002
    You know, the end of that last ad/trailer is really heartbreaking. Forget about the movie, that trailer alone has completely changed my perspective on Darth Vader . . .

Very nicely put, Stormcloud . . . I think you've captured the way a lot of us are going to feel on 5/19.

[image=http://homepage.mac.com/zenwaves/.Pictures/rots%20tix.png]

18. darthpigskin

Nov 17, 2001
    I know, I know... this is off the topic, please forgive me.

A computer tech question, ("don't get technical with me"). Is there anyway i can download stuff from the OS (or anywhere for that matter) to my harddrive? This streaming video stuff is for the birds (especially when you have dial up.) I'm running XP Home. Please don't tell me to go to my temporary files. It's not just that easy anymore.

Or just an alternative site where i can download.

If you'd rather not post this here, then just PM me. Please?

thx (1138)

19. Darth_Michael

Darth_Michael Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 24, 2002
    http://www.starwars.com/episode-iii/release/trailer/endofwar.html

copy the link opening the 320 or 480 version and paste it into the address box. Strip it from the javascript so that just the URl remains http://...mov
    Open it and say yes when asked whether or not to save it. a few minutes later you have 5MB of Star Wars on your harddrive. complety legal.

20. darthpigskin

Nov 17, 2001
    Hey Darth Michael

You said:

1. copy the link opening the 320 or 480 version and paste it into the address box.
    2. Strip it from the javascript so that just the URl remains http://...mov

I ask: (I'm pretty inept at this stuff man) I'm on the page you showed. so...copy the link from where?

If you don't mind, just a little more help please.

thanks

21. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    I got this from funkenstein in 3SA a long time ago:

HOW TO SAVE THE TRAILER

Here's how you do it.

I'm using the latest making of movie (becoming obi-wan) as an example, but the same principles should apply.

Log into hyperspace as normal, and bring up the movie in a separate window as normal.

Right-click in a blank area of the page. The black space between the star wars logo and the close window button is usually a good place. Choose "view source" or "view page source", and you should get a text file, which is the HTML source of the page.

Do a search for ".mov". Normally it's the second occurrence. In this example the first occurrence is:

window.moveTo(screenWidth, screenHeight);

But if I seearch again I find

<param name="src" value="http://video.starwars.com/aol/us/moviefone/movies/2004/lucasfilm/hyperspace/auth/webdoc11_480b_dl.mov" >

The bit we're interested in is everything between the double-quotes.

Now:
    If the string starts with "http://" then you can just copy the entire string between the quotes.

but
    If it starts with "/" then we'll need to add something to it later on. For now just copy the entire string between the quotes.

Start a new text document (using notepad for example), and add the following lines of text

<HTML>
    <A HREF="the text you copied>right-click me!</A>
    </HTML>

Now
    if the string you copied had "http://" at the beginning then just paste it in where I've got the text you copied and go to the next step.
    otherwise, if the string you copied started with "/", then paste the string you copied where I've got the text you copied, but before it, type in "http://www.starwars.com". So it should read something like

<A HREF="http://www.starwars.com/hyperspace/somedirectory/someotherdirectory/somefile.mov">Right-click me!</A>

Save your file, make sure you use the extension .htm or .html (don't use .txt).

Open the file you just saved in your web browser. Right click on the link and save as.

And voila, you have your saved movie.

Great guide, Funk. Should be made a sticky.

Just a note, though: You forgot the second quotation mark on <A HREF="the text you copied>right-click me!</A>. Needs to be <A HREF="the text you copied">right-click me!</A>.

Also, might want to note that you still need to have a browser logged into Hyperspace after you make/open the HTML file.

Really, if you can open the page source and do a search for ".mov", it should be the 2nd or 3rd "mov" on the page. Make sure you get the entire URL (i.e. http://..............all the way to .mov").

Once you've found that URL/web address, highlight it with your mouse, copy it, and paste it in an open brower window.

A little window should pop up "open" or "save as", save it to your hard drive as whatever you want to call it.

There you go.

22. Darth_Zoo

Darth_Zoo Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Lucas should really be pimping out some of these commercials. Especially the "end of the war" spot. WOW It is incredible, it's moving and gives you a sense of the story. Looks amazing too I cannot wait to see this film.

23. darthpigskin

Nov 17, 2001
    Thanks Garth and Darth Michael. I'll figure it out.

24. leelee

Jan 4, 2003
    Two new ones! Celebration and Brothers. i can't watch it as usual because the OS's quicktime always acts weird on me, so if anyone wants to post direct links that would be great! :)

25. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    Lots of new footage...if you are spoiler free why not just wait a few more days and see it for the first time on the big screen???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.