main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Calgary New Users Check-In Here

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by PreludeRM, Jan 27, 2006.

1. LEXIAL

LEXIAL Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 29, 2004
    Well a big welcome to all the new members and I hope some of you will join us for some of our meetings and events. Glad to see new members come aboard.....nice to see new faces in the mix. Hope to see you all out there sometime. TTFN

Nikki@};-

2. SithatHeart

SithatHeart Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 2005
    Wow - look at all the younglings! I'm looking forward to meeting everyone (hopefully you can all make it out to the next meeting).

It's great to see our little group growing so much. I can't believe how many times I've heard someone say "You love SW too? I thought I was the only one!"

Cheers,
    Michelle

3. YoYoYoYoda

YoYoYoYoda Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2006
    Hi everyone. My name is Markus and I first experienced the Calgary fan scene when I attended the recent Comic and Entertainment Expo. Its nice to see some other Star Wars fans out there!

That's all for now.

4. PreludeRM

PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta star 4

Oct 28, 2002
    Glad you found your way here Markus. Hope to see you at the next meeting.

Ryan

5. whisperjedi

whisperjedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 19, 2005
    yes, we're a committee.

6. veritate

veritate Jedi Master star 2

Oct 25, 2004

*blank stare*

That's a SWEAR WORD, whisperjedi! You said the dreaded "C-WORD"!

Seriously, though. What has that got to do with anything?

~ R.

7. PreludeRM

Oct 28, 2002
    Whisperjedi ???? Sometimes I wonder about some of your posts. like the Famous. "what?" or are you just trying to get your post count up. lol

8. paul9636

paul9636 Jedi Youngling

May 23, 2006
    Hey everyone. I met a few of you at the expo and decided to sign up. Any problems with having out of town members? I live in Medicine Hat, and get to Calgary every once in awhile. I don't think I could make it to very many meetings as it is a 5 hour round trip, but I wouldn't mind
    chatting on the boards. I will be in Calgary on the 27th for the comic con and would like to drop in for the lightsaber training session. Hope to see some people there and maybe at the con.

9. LysiraMaine

LysiraMaine Jedi Youngling

May 25, 2006
    Um howdy!
    I saw you guys at the expo at the big four in may. I was the girl who looked a little to nervous for her own good. It was all the jedis, I had never seen so many in all my life. It was exciting. But yeah I joined up to see what its like to have a star wars conversation with people who actually know what they are talking about! I'll be away for the summer, but when I get back I will definatly try and make it to a meeting. Well cheers for now! -Lysira

10. Rehtt-Jeskal

Rehtt-Jeskal Jedi Youngling

May 25, 2006
    Greetings, All!
    Heard about this community through a friend.... That friend. *Points at Lysira Maine* Sounds awesome. I dunno how many meetings I'll be able to attend, because I'm way out in Bragg Creek. (but believe me, I'll come when I can.)

oh... and I'm pretty handy with a lightsaber, too... heheh...

Well anyway, Hello.

11. TD8828

TD8828 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 9, 2006
    Welcome, welcome,welcome!

12. PreludeRM

Oct 28, 2002
    Greetings. Glad to see new faces about. Hope to see you guys at a meeting or two soon.

13. Dooks

Dooks Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    Glad to see more people joining so Hello to all the new people hope to see you at a meeting soon.

14. DrHaggis

DrHaggis Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2004
    Welcome aboard! It is great to see so many enthusiastic people join up!

15. SithatHeart

May 25, 2005
    Cool -- Out-of-town Jedi! I'm glad you guys found us. I hope you can make it out to some of our events; there are a couple things coming up that will definitely be worth the drive in... Boba Jay's BBQ, Colin's BBQ, Con-Version... the list goes on.

Welcome!
    Sith@Heart

16. Tal-n

Tal-n Jedi Youngling

Jun 12, 2006
    Good Morning everyone I am new to the forums, I met some of you at the Calgary comic con a few weeks ago and looking forward to meeting the rest of the group.

17. SithatHeart

May 25, 2005
    Welcome Tal-n! I'm glad you found our secret hideout. I hope you can make it out to some events to meet our motley crew!

18. Jeedai9

Jeedai9 Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2006
    Lani here. Came across Dr Haggis and Magpie Jen at the Expo and got into talking about Sabre training. Sadly I was only able to show for one class and have not returned since. (Damn life and all its busyness.) But I would like to participate in anyway I can. Still working on what kind of costume as I do not have one. Just pieces of some. Was thinking of doing Maul for the next Expo. I can throw around the double sabre...I have had previous training from another Master.
    I just bought a car so my monetary/costume participation may be limited.
    Aside from all that I like long walks on the beach and candle light dinners with clones.

19. vonScott

vonScott Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 16, 2006
    HI; Dale Rossetti aka Dr. Everett vonScott here.

It was great to see all of you at the Con! Seeing that Lightsabre demo makes me want to try it out too; I just hope it won't corrupt my aikidou. :)

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=48014744

20. PreludeRM

Oct 28, 2002
    Glad you found your way here. Welcome aboard.

21. SithatHeart

May 25, 2005
    Hi Master!

It's good to see you here! I will try to dig out last year's photos to send your way. I hope you can make it out to some of our meetings.

Cheers,
    Michelle / Sith@Heart / TK-5059

22. Starkiller77

Starkiller77 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 29, 2005
    Hey Darryl's brother! I saw you but didn't even recognize you at the con, welcome aboard!

23. Ark-Daragon

Ark-Daragon Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 19, 2006
    Hello i been living in calgary for about 4 months now i Moved from ottawa what a surpise eh' i have been a starwars fan since i was 8 not as all into it as i am now though i made a lightsaber sorta like lukes from episode 6 but i changed the saber alittle not much i am a collecter of star wars games... though i didnt bring much of them from when i moved :( so im going to try and build that up again i draw and write short stories so im all into the RPG forums

the reason i would like to join you is well im new heh plane and simple and i never been around alot of star wars fans except when ep 1-2-3 came out and i had a blast with those guys so ya

24. Darth_Corro

Darth_Corro Jedi Youngling star 2

May 13, 2006
    Welcome to our motley group. I hope to see you at an upcoming meeting. I been with FF since I met them at the Chewie Expo and haven't looked back. Now, I am slowly building an autograph collection, meeting celebrities, building props, working on my costume and being a hero to my kids. I hope you find the same fulfillment that I have.

25. ShatirLavan

ShatirLavan Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 19, 2005
    Welcome to Tosche Station. Here for some power converters are you? You're welcome here, just as long as you don't make good use of your time!