main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Provo New Year's Eve party!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by MiaTieska, Dec 30, 2007.

1. MiaTieska

MiaTieska Jedi Master star 4

Jan 3, 2003
    What: This New Year's Eve to kick off the new year, I thought of a different party idea! To watch only the pilots/first episodes of different series, so we can share different series with other people.
    When: Dec. 31, starting at 5 pm and going until we crash. Feel free to come and go as you like!
    Where: My place (PM for address and directions, though I won't get home from work til after 3:30 to reply)
    To Bring: Series premieres you have not on this list! (VHS works!) Food of any sort! Any friends you want to bring are welcome to come too!

Because of how many premieres we have, we'll probably have to show only the first half of any 2-hour/2-parter pilots. I was going to do a schedule... then figured with people coming and going, it might be easier to let the people currently there take turns on voting what to watch next, especially if someone's leaving and has to take their dvd's/tapes with them. We can probably get in 3 pilots in 2 1/2 hours, and that's giving plenty of time for bathroom/food breaks. I don't know how late we'll go, depends on what people want to do. I figure open is better.

Choices to watch:
    24 (Mia)
    Andromeda (Mia)
    Buffy (Dana)
    ER (Ish)
    Firefly (Mia)
    Hercules (Mia)
    Heroes (Dana)
    Jake 2.0 (Mia)
    Lost (_JediKnight_)
    The Lost World (Mia)
    Scarecrow & Mrs. King (Mia)
    Stargate SG-1 (_JediKnight_)
    Star Trek: The Next Generation (Mia)
    Star Trek: Voyager (Mia)
    Supernatural (Dana)
    Xena (Mia)
    X-Files (Dana)

I have 5 other premieres I didn't list here that are... unreadable on the DVD players here. (Bones, Cowboy Bebop, Ghost Whisperer, The IT Crowd, and Threshold.) And even though they're completely awesome, and I'd love to show them, someone would have to bring a laptop. However, we have plenty of premieres without those 5 (unless we want to come back and continue the party on Tuesday, provided I don't have to work. Haha. That would be a lonnng party). So I think we're set! See you there!

-Mia

2. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Don't forget ER! I'll be there as soon as I get off work and can get up to your stop.

3. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    I've got:

Buffy
    Supernatural
    X-Files
    Heroes

I could probably even grab the '66 pilot of "Dark Shadows". I'd love to get hold of the '91 revival. *sigh*

Dana

4. _JediKnight_

_JediKnight_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 5, 2002
    Stargate SG-1 is also a good one. And I've got Lost

5. MiaTieska

Jan 3, 2003
    You've got both? That would be sweet.

Do you know what time you might be there so I can make up a sort of semi schedule? Just so people know what's showing when and so we keep it going to watch as many as possible. :)

-Mia

6. _JediKnight_

_JediKnight_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 5, 2002
    Yes, I've got both. I think I have plans for later in the evening/night. But if it is starting at 5 I could be there at 5 and stay for a while

7. MiaTieska

Jan 3, 2003
    I love Stargate SG-1 but have never seen the pilot! I think the Children of the Gods ep is a longer one... I so wish I could see the whole first season. Only seen a smattering of eps from season 1.

Hee. So excited for tomorrow!

-Mia

8. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    I'll be bringing my laptop, it'll just need speakers 'cause it doesn't get very loud (as we know from GW watchings!).

Dana