main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[Newbie Question] Burger King Promotional Display

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Errant_Venture, Apr 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    Hello all, I'm as green as they come when it comes to collecting, and especially to this forum. I noticed the ROTS food thread, but felt that had to do with like M&Ms, Cereal, etc. and not the fast food promotions. . . if I'm wrong, please A) flame me B), harrass me C) tell me to GTHOTB, D)Lock and redirect or E) A-D

Anyways. . .

Today, I dropped by Burger King to say hi to an old friend (manager) and he told me he had something that'd make me jealous, and he was right, oh so very right. Basically its a window decal that BK will be using in the near future for their ROTS promo. Anyways, he had about 6 window decals and a door one and all of them were just beautiful. He is supposed to hang them up soon, probably on Monday IIRC procedure correctly (I worked there for 3 years), but he's not hanging them up. I asked if I could have one after the promo is over, as they are supposed to toss them afterwards and not give them out, but I scored and he gave me one, that hasn't been hung up. Well none of them are.

I'm not a collector and my initial thought was this thing is work like 100 dollars today and in a year+ it'll be worth a ton more. Especially as the date for the movie is May 16th, 2005 as advertised on the decal. I don't know if that wrong date hurt or helped the value.

Basically, I'm wondering just about how much you think this is worth? I'm not planning on selling it, but if I *ever* did, though highly doubt it, I'd hate to get screwed.

Here's a link to the decal. [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v244/ErrantVenture/ROTSBKPromo.jpg]

Its got no spoilers on it, unless a picture of Vader's mask counts as one. . .

2. PhantomMenace

PhantomMenace Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 20, 2001
    At this point, he might be able to get about $15 for it on ebay. After ROTS is out, maybe $7. It's a nice looking window cling, and it's new, but such things don't sell for very much. They're really not very hard to obtain. :)

3. Salty

Salty Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 24, 1998
    That's a nice decal.

BTW...I have a long sleeve shirt very similar to that.

:p

4. OBIX1

OBIX1 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 7, 2002
    Nice score E_V!

P.S- The "5-16-05" thing is when the BK promo hits*. Just thought I'd let you know. :)

{*-Sorry I said it hits on the 13th in the other thread today guys,I just checked my promo thing,and it says the 16th.)

5. Darth_Stove

Darth_Stove Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2002
    I stole one of the yoda window clings from AOTC from K-mart. its kinds cool

6. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    Thats all you think it'll be worth? Damn, I thought these things were worth a lot more than that. :( Ah well, its still a cool thing to have.

And I asked him if May 16th was when the promo began and he said no, thats for the release date of the movie. Which I don't ever recall a promo like that happening 3 days before a movie release. Especially as ROTS was going to be on the 16th at one point IIRC. But I guess that wasn't a mistake either in regards to the decal date.

Yeah, its a nice score no matter what.

Salty, it is a nice shirt, we've got good tastes in shirts I suppose. ;) I also bought a tie that didn't match, but I wasn't going to wear a mismatched tie in that picture (though I don't wear ties on a regular basis anyways). I do like that shirt, it is very nice! :p

7. Salty

Salty Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 24, 1998
    I like my shirt as well. I'd love to have one of those decals.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.