main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Newbie Welcome Party - The House-Warming Party!

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Skiara , Sep 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. silverfighter

silverfighter Jedi Knight star 4

Apr 28, 2007
    Ah, but that is a secret I don't post on the inter-webs. My father hath instilled in me the fear of stalkers. ;)

Edit: Not that I think you're a stalker, I just make a point of putting nothing up that I can't take back.

WIERD_GREEN_MAN likes this.
  2. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    That is a wise policy. I just know that Rutgers got it worse than Seton Hall and the neighborhood around Rutgers was already a disaster area, even without a disaster.

3. silverfighter

Apr 28, 2007
    So I heard, yeah. There are so many memes about the two schools, NJIT, and a few about Montclair.. all about moving the schools to different locations. Fairly amusing. If people start to lose their minds over this storm and whatnot though, I feel like it'll only get worse.

4. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Panic will not help anything. This will be recovered from, eventually, and we will be forgetting this storm while preparing for the next.

5. silverfighter

Apr 28, 2007
    Exactly. I'm starting to make bets on when we'll have our first solid snowfall. Within 3-4 weeks is my guess.

6. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Yikes! Sounds like a mess out there.

7. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    It really kinda sorta mostly is.

Hi [face_love] Natalie [face_love]

I sent you another love letter. :p

8. TheProtocol

TheProtocol Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 2, 2012
    Hi guys,

I'm late to this party... What's happening?

9. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Nope, not really. It was disabled, since it would clutter up threads and we all love the easy way of reading a thread without being irritated by (moving) pics in sigs. That's why we also prefer less (big) images (links and/or small ones are better). :)

But there should be a way to add it to your profile... Not sure, but that's something I would try. :)

That's exactly what I thought when I read about the Sandy Situation. It sounds that it's just an inch away from panic and people going crazy because of needing the basics for life.

You're not late. No one is late for this party! Currently we are talking about the Storm Sandy. Are you living in its area as well? I'm lucky that I'm at the other side of the world, but still worry for the people being there (especially the ones posting here).

10. silverfighter

Apr 28, 2007
    My boyfriend's cousins are still in highschool and they just announced that their town is so damaged that school won't resume for three more weeks. And unfortunately there's the possibility of another storm coming this week, so we shall see. I feel like this is going to be one of those things that I tell my kids, grand-kids, and great-grand-kids about. :p

11. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    It is, in fact, on its way. Maybe after snow we can get fire falling from the sky...

12. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    taryn_kenobi: How are you doing adjusting to life on the boreds? You should post more.

13. Darth Gangrenous

Darth Gangrenous Chosen One star 10

Jun 1, 2005
    I want some snow. Too bad they are predicting a warmer than normal winter for my part of the country. :(

14. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Where are you at, DG? Philly is about to get snow. To cover up all of the hurricane destruction.
    Episode 7 is a bigger miracle than I thought! I just recieved a PM from dolphin! My joy has been made full. It was like waiting for Aslan to return or something...

15. Darth Gangrenous

Darth Gangrenous Chosen One star 10

Jun 1, 2005
    I'm about 800-1,000 miles west of Philly.

16. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    One of my friends said part of Virginia she drove through already saw some.

I'm thinking, where did fall go so quickly? It's dark and cold now :(

17. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Where did 2009-present go? Time is like quicksand.

18. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 16, 2010
    AHM CRASHING THA PARTAY THREAD

19. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    You were sorta already here. This thing doesn't really stop & restart. We all just move to another room or fall asleep on the couch for hours on end.

20. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

Dec 16, 2010
  21. Rotticus

Rotticus Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 21, 2012
  22. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Bed time is more like it. It's half past 12 here and I have been awake for 2 days. I can barely type. I'll be on with fresh eyes tomorrow. Cheers, lads.

23. Rotticus

Rotticus Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 21, 2012
    aw, Buzzkill!!! :p talk to you tomorrow!

24. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

Dec 16, 2010
    BDOT I'm still here!
    [​IMG]

25. TheProtocol

TheProtocol Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 2, 2012
    Skiara no no I'm in Sydney, Australia. I watched our news coverage on it though. I was shocked, never thought I'd see NYC as a ghost town.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.