main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Newbie Welcome Party - The House-Warming Party!

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Skiara , Sep 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. netfirstweb

netfirstweb Jedi Youngling

Jan 6, 2013
    Hi jedis! I'm Ellen! [face_dancing]

2. Darth Gangrenous

Darth Gangrenous Chosen One star 10

Jun 1, 2005
    Hello there. :)

3. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Hello, and welcome to the JC and to the social thread!

You did a good job, dude :D

4. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    netfirstweb: Hi Ellen. Failte Nua Duine. We are here if you need us. For board related needs... anything else, you are probably on your own.

5. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    That's . . . wait for it . . .

[​IMG]

Filled my pun quota for today. :p

6. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I am in awe of your punditry.

7. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Nat, that poem... gorgeous! Please, continue...!! [face_batting]

Welcome, @netfirstweb ! Do you enjoy it here? :)

Thanks a lot, Chorus! Being ill is nothing that I enjoy, especially not, if it comes that suddenly. I'm glad that you could jump... and at least, WNU didn't burn down! :p I'm also sure, you had some helping eyes from the other regulars in here - looking for small fireplaces and turning them off. Thanks everyone who helped! [:D]

8. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Remember, kids: always turn off the pilot light when you are the last to leave WNU. :p

9. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    alen wast: Hi. I noticed you introduce yourself in several threads, so I figured we ought to give you some space to say hi in here. Hope you are finding everything you're looking for on here. If you need any help, make sure to ask. This is why we get paid nothing.

NYCitygurl likes this.
  10. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Like^

@all, Anything new at your place of the world? :)

11. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Philly has lovely pneumonia-causing weather patterns this week. Snow/freezing rain mixture, below freezing yesterday... pushing 60f today... freezing rain tomorrow. Very excited to watch my immune system die a horrendous death. Life is good, though. Lots accomplished and bought many a cool item in the past 2 weeks. As far as on here, all of the WNUs down in WNUville are status quo. Lots of newbies stopped in here over the past few days, which makes preparing them for the boards go brilliantly. Hope things are well in Europe, Bean. I'll be traveling home soon.

12. Darth Gangrenous

Jun 1, 2005
    Extremes in weather here. Saturday - Monday around 20°C(upper 60s-low 70s F). Yesterday windy, rainy and 13°C(mid 50s F) today windy, rain, snow and -1°C(about 30° F) with tomorrow windy, light snow and -1°C then down to -13°C(about 9°F) tomorrow night.

13. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Sounds lovely. I anxiously await getting back to Eire just in time for the end of winter Arctic Wind Stream. [face_dancing]

14. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Nerdi21: Hi. I saw that you dropped an intro post in another thread. Welcome to the boreds. If you have any questions, need help, or simply want some recommendations, feel free to ask in here, but if not... go check out the many, many conversations which are going on, get involved, and have a good time.

15. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    The weather is weird here as well. A few days ago we had snow and temperatures below 0°C, then -within two days- it raised until 15°C (yes, really!) and now it's getting cold again (about 3°C tomorrow).

And on the radio they are just playing stupid songs or stupid reports or even more stupid jokes... Like to hear some more charts hits. Maybe next year! :p

Yep, it's cool to watch all the new user arriving. I'm really happy that we get more and more traffic again. Maybe it'll be as active as about a decade ago. That'll be cool! :D

16. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    We've been having crazy weather 8-} And we're back to snow, which I hate. I love my little car, but it doesn't do well on the ice.

17. Darth Gangrenous

Jun 1, 2005
    We got four inches of snow overnight.

18. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Cars and ice is like warm weather and snow. It simply doesn't work. :p

Here it's getting colder again, but still "warm" in comparision to the weather about one week ago (8°C to -4°C). So it's ok and it even doesn't rain all day long - just for a few minutes every hour. :)

19. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    My little black Versa does amazing on ice. It's like sledding... but, with access to seatbelts, heat, and a stereo.

20. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    I guess without heat you would prefer staying at home, right? :p

21. TheDarkKing

TheDarkKing Jedi Padawan

Jan 28, 2013
    Thought it was about time I signed up to the forums hsving visited the site for years. How's everyone doing?

Excited about CE2?

22. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Welcome back!

CEII isn't in my future, I'm afraid, but we do have a shiny forum for it. Are you part of your local fan force?

TheDarkKing likes this.
  23. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    CE II might be on my plan or at least the FanForce party. It's always pretty cool to meet other FanForcer! :D

NYCitygurl likes this.
  24. TheDarkKing

TheDarkKing Jedi Padawan

Jan 28, 2013
    I've posted on the Scottish Fanforce page I think.

25. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    That's good. Just don't give up since there aren't that many people around at the moment. It'll get activer the closer E7 comes. :)
    And in the meantime, if you want, we'll be happy, if you help us getting those sneeky rebels at the quick-game thread. Just sign up. ;) :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.