main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Non Spoiler Forum Brouhaha...Big Question Marks

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Fatboy_Roberts, Apr 1, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joey7F

Joey7F Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2000
    Yes I know my comparison was exagerrated.

The problem is that someone needs to apologize, either Ternian or DLM. Right now, it looks like it is DLM that needs to. If she can prove what she says she edited, then sure I will change my stance.

--Joey

2. ami-padme

ami-padme Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 19, 1999
    //also waiting to see about the PMs...

3. Vertical

Vertical Former Head Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 6, 1999
    I think the most telling fact of this entire situation is that all of the facts are on display, yet some people think Ternian is in the wrong, and some people thing DLM is.

I think that, in and of itself, is a testament to just how cloudy this issue is, and just how difficult it is to say one side is clearly in the wrong.

Mayhaps things should just ... cool?

Vertical

4. Ternian

Ternian Jedi Youngling star 4

May 16, 2000
    Dark Lady Mara, do you ever stop telling lies? More lies continue to dribble out of your mouth everyday.

Date Sent: 4/5 8:06am
    Date Read: 4/5 12:57pm
    Subject: RE: What did Ternian Post
    Body: There was some stuff about the Clone Wars, something about Amidala *** , info about the "****" scene, and some information about unconfirmed locations.

There is no evidence left because I edited everything out.

I've unbanned him, BTW, but he's never to post in NS again.
    ---------------

* Edited it out because of spoiler content. FULL version of PM available on request. PM me.

Gee golly wiz, Ms. Mara. All this evidence just 'disappeared,' hey? Could it possibly be because there WAS NONE to start off with?

You only edited 1 post of mine that YOU clearly stated was NON-SPOILER material. So again, you LIE.

Shame on you Dark Lady Mara. Shame.

5. DarthSock

DarthSock Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 5, 2001
    don't you think your sig is abit harsh?

6. Ternian

May 16, 2000
    No. See it from the side of being lied about.

7. farraday

farraday Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 27, 2000
    Let me refresh your memory.

Two of your posts edited by DLM and another that was edited by Hama.

This would not include any posts I didn't find that were edited or any that were deleted.

8. Ternian

May 16, 2000
    Which were they farraday?

9. farraday

Jan 27, 2000
    Ternian 2/3 11:22pm RE: Non Spoiler Report On EpII
    IronParrot,

I believe it actually goes over a week. It feels like it anyway.

EDIT: Rawsdower's right. That stuff I asterisked out was indeed a spoiler.
    Date Edited: 2/4 2:27pm (1 edits total) Edited By: Dark Lady Mara

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Ternian 2/4 12:50pm RE: Non Spoiler Report On EpII
    Dear Members,

GL has confirmed that EpII is set against the backdrop of the Clone Wars, and that there are indeed battles in this movie.

Should DLM or IP think otherwise, feel free to edit my post. Just note GL has CONFIRMED this information and I will be happy to produce it for you.

Always obliging,
    Ternian

EDIT: True, but you still made something of a quantum leap in the reasoning in your last post. I'm toning it down a bit.
    Date Edited: 2/4 2:29pm (1 edits total) Edited By: Dark Lady Mara

~~~~~~~~~~

And the one Hama edited was your Nostradamus thread.

10. Ternian

May 16, 2000
    Farraday, you can see that I provided proof that it wasn't against any rules of the forum. Dark Lady Mara agreed to that. You have no case here.

As for the second post regard the closure of the Nostradamus Thread. I didn't actually post any spoilers. The response from Hama-Riu Kinnebi was:

"You're more than welcome to keep posting in this forum, but I do think that this thread will probably cause too many problems. I'll go ahead and lock it. "

Neither Admin declared anything I posted as spoilers. Your argument fails.

11. Kadue

Kadue Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 20, 2000
    "Neither Admin declared anything I posted as spoilers"

You do know how to read don't you. Here's the important part: "That stuff I asterisked out was indeed a spoiler"

12. Ternian

May 16, 2000
    Do you farraday? Or is it following dialogue that is hard?

If you'll notice, I proceeded to explain HOW they WEREN'T spoilers. Dark Lady Mara replied that they weren't in the next post following my proof.

You're wrong.

13. farraday

Jan 27, 2000
    i'm wrong?

You said mara only edited on of your posts.

<shrug>

anyways your non-spoiler reports complied with the spoiler rules when you posted them.

Then the rules changed.

14. Ternian

May 16, 2000
    She did. Your point?

Did the rules change? Maybe.

Was I notified? Have they been rectified as of yet? Have they been posted int he rules thread? Have they been posted in the 'What's a Spoiler Thread?' Have they been changed in any thread?

No. No. No. No. No.

If Dark Lady Mara changed any existing rules, it appears she did not notify anyone.

15. Kadue

Kadue Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 20, 2000
    Ummm...... yes she did Ternian. She updated the rules and if you didn't know, that's your fault for not checking.

16. Ternian

May 16, 2000
    Can you post a link please Kadue?

17. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    I had almost forgotten about the Nostradamus thread. [face_plain]

18. Ternian

May 16, 2000
    Hama-Riu Kinnebi,

I wish to remind you that I did not actually post any spoilers in that thread. It was closed because you thought it would cause too much trouble. Dark Lady Mara Pm'd me about that thread and stated it wasn't appropriate for the forum, which I agreed with, after members cited the same thing.

Ternian

19. farraday

Jan 27, 2000
    Aren't you just a VIP Hama?

hmmmm

Anyways, those are guidlines it's still up to the admins to decide what is and what is not a spoiler.

I know there were several threads on the fact DLM was cracking down on spoilers.

The question is not if DLM told you about the change but if you asked DLM before posting your new thread.

Remember you were allowed to post there on the sufferage of the Admins and the unspoiled.

20. Kadue

Kadue Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 20, 2000
    I've been looking but can't remember when I saw them. If I do, I'll post the link. But farraday's right, you knew there was a crack-down, yet you upped the older thread before getting DLM's response. And you've provided proof of that because you posted the PM here and DLM didn't read it until two days after you upped the thread.

21. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    When the Nostradamus thread occurred, I was a Moderator. But yeah, I'm just a VIP now, so I really don't have any say-so in what happens to the NS forum or to Ternian.

22. farraday

Jan 27, 2000
    but following long media tradition we'll now interview you and let you second guess the people you used to work with!

;)

23. Ternian

May 16, 2000
    See farraday, this is where you are confused. The V1.0 was kept open as there were no problems with it. I was never told I couldn't post there. This is a DLM lie. You should remove it from your argument.

When V2.0 was closed it was cited that I had posted/alluded to a spoiler in it - not that the thread was inappropriate.

I brought up V1.0 because it was kept open since NO SPOILERS had been posted in it.
    It wasn't until I recieved a reply from DLM that V2.0 was closed.

Kadue,

Either post these rules you talk of or refrain from using them in your argument.

Also, please refrain from saying "you knew" since you are not me and cannot provide proof.

As for the V1.0 being closed, you haven't read why V2.0 was closed. It was not because the thread was deemed inappropriate, it was because I was accused of posting/alluding to a spoiler.

24. Kadue

Kadue Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 20, 2000
    I'll retract the bit about you knowing, but the fact is that just because I can not find a page that I read over two months ago, doesn't mean I can't use them when it was DLM that posted them, and that she has stated them many times in this thread. And yes, I did read why the v2 thread was closed.

25. Mr. P

Mr. P FanFic Archive Editor, Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 1, 2000
    OK, all this evidence is all nice and good.

But Ternian, what are you trying to do? DLM's not going to let you back into the NS forum, I think. So what's the difference? You've been unbanned... what's your bone to pick?

I don't understand you, Ternian. What exactly will you get out of this? It's like the basher/gusher discussions in the TPM forum; everyone's already got their decisions made and they're not going to change their minds.

Here, there are those who believe that Ternian is in the right, and those who believe taht DLM is in the right. They probably won't change their mind, unless someone comes up with some stunning evidence. You keep going over the same arguments again adn again; the parallels with the gusher/basher threads is amazing. So what's the point? It won't do anything.

Get on with life, Ternian. It's not so big of a deal. Those who believe that you're in the right... those will be the ones whom your case is cleared with. And those who think you're wrong will think of you in whatever way they want. ***THey won't change their minds, Ternian.*** Their decisions are already made.

Oy. Gusher/Basher-style discussions in communications. What kind of times are we living in?

--Mr. P :mad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.