main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NorthEast NorthEast Regional Holiday Party

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Doc_Bev, Nov 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    It's that time of year again!

I think we need to start deciding which NE chapter is interested in hosting the holiday party and when it will be held so that folks can start making travel plans.

The past few have been held in January to make it a little easier on scheduling.

I've heard rumors that North Ridge has volunteered, Binghamton has expressed interest and The Rebellion would be willing to host again too.

So let's start hearing from the members of this region - how/where and when do you want to celebrate this year?

~Doc_Bev

2. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Correction: Heard from Binghamton CR that they don't have anyone to coordinate the dinner this year.

~Doc_Bev

3. RogueSquadronWingnut

RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2002
    I think we should host again.
    I'll help coordinate if you'd like.

4. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Actually Nicky you asked me about this once before and I stated a formal annoucement would be posted when I have heard back from a few people. ;)

I am currently on away status and was going to post a formal announcement end of Nov.
    thanks for the enthusiasm,

Since its already out there.......we can vote for location at this point. I know Syracuse was interested as well.

5. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Yup, I PMd on Sept 16th and you said you'd post something in October.
    Since I had no idea when you'd be back from "away status" I thought I'd get the ball rolling.

Please add The Rebellion to the poll when you make it.

~Doc_Bev

6. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 Former RSA star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 30, 2002
    How many other FF groups out there would commit to attending a holiday party if it's held in Upstate NY somewhere? Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse, maybe Binghamton? Beezel from Albany if he hasn't moved yet?

No matter where it's held or who is hosting, groups located a distance from there could still get together. I wouldn't expect to see Virginia come to Buffalo for a two hour holiday party and vice versa.

Hasn't the party traditionally been held in mid to late January? That leaves plenty of time for a host to plan and coordinate. Some may even be so busy with upcoming events that they wouldn't be able to commit to anything this far out.

7. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    yep i did say Oct but I also said when I heard back from everyone.
    I went out on away status in Oct. Now if I planned on being away longer I would have been happy to contact another Admin (meriwyn) to handle the planning since she is the other Regonal RSA. Nov still give us plenty of time to plan since like Bobachris said Jan is aways off and too early to commit to anything.
    Again I appreciate the enthusiasm, however to prevent any further confusion the regional planning is usually handled by the RSA's.

8. thestandingbear

thestandingbear Jedi Youngling

Sep 16, 2007
    Is Buffalo and Rochester actually considered upsate NY? Western NY , yes, Upstate, uuuuuuuhhh not sure

9. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    all of the FF chapters in western and upstate fall into the upstae category since we have so many ny groups when I refer to the upstate area thats who we are refering to ;)

10. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 Former RSA star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 30, 2002
    I don't know about you, but I'm in the upstaTe groups!:p :p

11. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    oh so now you're going to make fun of the way I spell?! [face_beatup]

[face_monkey]

12. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    She got it right 2 out of 3 times - that should count for something. ;)

~Doc_Bev

13. JediXXL

JediXXL Force Ghost star 6

Apr 11, 2003
    Yeah, I raised that question once... Run! Now! While you have the chance! :eek:

14. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    Mark your calendars for Jan 12th. As details and suprises are yet to be announced, I know a few are itching to fill their calendars, so, please keep that date open.
    Location and details are TBA. thanks in advance for your patience :)

15. DarSolo

DarSolo Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 26, 2004
    Hmmm - that doesn't give a lot of time to plan things. I thought that a city would have been announced first, so that that chapter could hold a poll for the best date for participants. Looking at my calendar, there's already events pencilled in for that date which may limit participation of those who usually attend it. Hasn't this holiday party been traditionally on a Sunday (for at least the last 3 years)?

16. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    no ,its always been on a saturday to accommodate those traveling. :)
    This year we have a few suprises in store. [face_whistling]
    In the past it has either been dates or location that has kept ALOT of people from all over from attending. The party is not just for the upstate chapters. So each year they may be a few who could attend one year and not the other. Same thing happens with the awards. Which is why those move around as well.

Hope that helps.

17. JediXXL

JediXXL Force Ghost star 6

Apr 11, 2003
    Thanks for the update Vicky.

18. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    due to the lack of participation this event is cancelled.

Sorry for the inconvenience for the few who did want to attend :(
    Maybe in the summer we can try :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.