main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wash, DC Not Quite Memorial Day BBQ and Meeting-thingy

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Cinnea, Apr 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cinnea

Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    A scheme has been hatched. Saturday May 20, around 2 PM, a BBQ at Stephanie and Dave's place - it's in Sterling. We'll squeeze in a meeting too, why not?

More details to follow. Wouldn't want to overwhelm folks by us planning a whole month in advance....

And all you lurkers, this is your chance to live the adventure that is The GS!

2. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002

No we can't have that now can we. ;)

If folks don't mind, maybe I can come down for this. :)

3. PlayzOboe

PlayzOboe Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 8, 2005
    I couldn't reply on the boards for whatever reason, but I have to see my schedule...I'll try to make it though :)

4. LeiaAsylum

LeiaAsylum Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2003
    Please do Wendy, I'd love to meet you! We can discuss the best places for cheesesteak :)

5. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002

The GS knows that when Wendy comes to town, I make the best cheesesteaks outside of the city! [face_laugh]

6. LeiaAsylum

Jul 9, 2003
    Sounds like a plan then!!! :)

7. Midi-ChlorianLori

Midi-ChlorianLori Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 30, 2003
    I won't be able to make it to this one- soccer mom conflict. My daughter has a 1 PM game and my son has a 3 PM game. I'll have to catch up with everyone the next weekend at Balticon.

8. Darth_Minx

Darth_Minx Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 20, 2003
    We might be doing cult movie classics after the meeting if there's enough interest as well.

9. PlayzOboe

PlayzOboe Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 8, 2005
    OK with the recent rise in gas prices, and expectations for them to rise even more, I really can't make it down for the meeting :( Sorry...it's a 5 1/2 hour drive for me and a full tank of gas each way...not to mention tolls

Sarah

10. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    Gas prices are going to go even higher!?!

*says assorted naughty words*

I think flying is becoming cheaper then driving anymore. :rolleyes:

11. Darth_Minx

Mar 20, 2003
    It's not likely that plane tickets won't rise to accomodate higher gas prices. But it really might start to get cheaper to fly. I wonder if we shouldn't rethink our trip to Dragon*Con lol. But there are other reasons for driving there. I'm sorry you can't make it, though.

BTW, I fixed the permissions on the other boards so you guys could reply.

12. LeiaAsylum

Jul 9, 2003
    Thanks Darth_Minx! :)

13. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    My plan: think public transportation! Peter Pan buses show movies! That's how I got back and forth from NY all the time. After Amtrak got rid of the cheap student tickets.

14. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    Well, I know we've been reeeeaaalllllly active recently, but count us out. That's the day I graduate from GMU finally. :D Family in town and stuff.

BTW, it is also our 6th anniversary. :D :D

15. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    We'll celebrate your graduation without you! =D=

16. Darth_Minx

Mar 20, 2003
    /poke

Since this is next weekend I thought I'd make sure that nobody got a chance to forget about it. I'm nice that way. There's more information on the other boards, including food info and directions. It'd be nice if I knew at least approximately how many people were coming. I'd hate for you not to get fed. I'd also hate to have leftover hamburgers for 3 weeks. I'm more concerned about the latter, so if you want to eat, make sure you let me know. Also if you have any dietary concerns (vegetarian, allergies, etc) that would be good to know also ;)

17. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    Ken and I will be there. And we like meat. I might be alleric to cauliflower. Ok, not really. I just really don't like it.

18. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    Ok, I changed the time to 2, since I think that's what we decided. And hopefully it'll go up on the events listing page thingy.

19. Darth_Minx

Mar 20, 2003
    2pm is when we decided.

20. strangebehaviour

strangebehaviour Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2002
    I definitely will NOT be able to make it. My little sister is off to France that day for 6 weeks and we are throwing her a family party. Sorry. :(

21. LeiaAsylum

Jul 9, 2003
    Hey everyone,

Al and I had a great time at the BBQ on Saturday. Sorry that we had to leave early! Al is too modest to mention it, and I was too busy laughing the entire time we were there, but he is training to run the Marine Corps Marathon this fall, so he was up early to run Sat. a.m. and I was too (his alarm is obnoxious) - I, however, was hitting a flea market, not running :)

Anyway, we had a fabulous time. Many thanks to Dave and Stephanie for hosting!

Anne

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.