main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto Nov 13th 2008 12:01 AM - Quantum of Solace (Bond)

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by grey_starr, Oct 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grey_starr

grey_starr Jedi Master star 4

Jan 22, 2004
    Anyone up for a Midnight viewing of Quantum of Solace? Troy's suggestion, and I am not against the idea.

I imagine the location will suck for a few... but much fun is always had. It will probably all start with Denny's. ( Adams least favorite place to go I am sure ;) )

UPDATE!

Location and Time confirmed:

Quantum of Solace
    Rated (PG) ? 1 hr. 46 min. - 12:01am
    AMC Courtney Park 16
    110 Courtney Park Dr.
    Mississauga, ON L5T 2Y3
    (416) 335-5323

2. grey_starr

Jan 22, 2004

Bueller?

3. Spiderfan

Spiderfan Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 9, 2004
    I would like to say yes but it will depend on what is happening at that time. I may have a shoot the next day so staying up till 3 AM and then working 14+ hours doesn't sound appealing to me. We'll see.

4. Styrofoam_Guy

Styrofoam_Guy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    I am interested

5. grey_starr

Jan 22, 2004
    Well... with Alex in, we're good to go! LoL ... Alex should put on the Bowler and be Oddjob! Best bad guy in the Bond movies... Maybe I could go as Jaws.

6. Styrofoam_Guy

Jul 28, 2003
    Does that mean I have to wear a suit and get a mustache?

7. grey_starr

Jan 22, 2004
    You'd look awwesome... but I don't think anyone else is doing anything special...

8. grey_starr

Jan 22, 2004
    First post updated! AMC Courtney Park 16... Thursday at Midnight!

Did we want to go to Denny's before hand... it's right out front.

9. grey_starr

Jan 22, 2004
    Well... 7 of us got together to watch this. A group of us got together for Yummy Denny's before hand. Adam was brilliantly disapointed that the new Star Trek trailer did not premiere before the movie! The movie itself was very very action packed! I was a bit disapointed with the lack of Bond gadgets, but Q is not yet there! The amount of shacky cam during the action was, for me, a bit too much... again. Over all it was a great movie. Yet it couldn't have been that great, since I actually can not remember a lot of the details of it to talk about. So it was good, but not really memorable. Maybe it needed some better names, like Pussy Gallore, or Dr Holly Goodhead...

10. Spiderfan

Spiderfan Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 9, 2004
    The shaky cam wouldn't have been so bad if it wasn't for the constant cutting and crossing of the line. It was all just too jarring to enjoy the action.

11. Styrofoam_Guy

Jul 28, 2003
    Nothing like breakfast at 10pm ;)

As others have stated it seemed more of a Bourne movie then a Bond movie. Gadgets and more sarcastic remarks are Bond. We also need Q although I thought M did a good job. One scene that I thought was not realistic was one of the boat chase scenes. It seemed like the chasing boat with the machine gun was only 10 feet away from the boat Bond was in yet the bad guys could not hit them. What are they Storm trooper in training?

One problem with the Bourne movies is the shaky cam gives me motion sickness. I never noticed this in the Bond movie

I also was very disappointed that there was no Trek trailer.

12. grey_starr

Jan 22, 2004
    LoL.. Yeah! the boat! That was too funny! A junker that was faster then a modern speed boat! Awesome how lucky Bond can be eh?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.