main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL November Orlando System Social

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Sabacc, Oct 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sabacc

Sabacc Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Join us on the 30th Anniversary of the infamous Star Wars Holiday Special as we have a gathering of the Orlando System.

This will possibly be the final organized event of 2008 for the Orlando System so everyone interested is encouraged to attend. Also, Mike (RogueScribner), is moving to the Shu Mai state (Missouri) in December, so come on by to wish well the guy who built most of our websites over the last few years.

Bring your ideas for the future, thoughts on the upcoming conventions, opinions about The Clone Wars and your devotion to the almighty Holiday Special.

Collectors, feel free to bring anything you're interested in trading. Costumers, we're very interested to see your new wares. New moms bring your Thaniels. Hungry people feel free to bring a sharable (or non-sharable) dish.

For up-to-date info check it out at our site or on the Facebook Event.

2. RogueScribner

RogueScribner Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    I will be there with my blaster pointed at the Holiday Special. [face_devil]

3. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    Ha! You're the guest of honor! ...Along with Bea Arthur, Diahann Carroll, Harvey Korman, and Art Carney.

4. MarasBlade

MarasBlade Jedi Master star 1

Aug 31, 2000
    I am going to try my best to be there-hopefully I will find someone to work for me. Fingers crossed that I will see you all soon!
    Susan

5. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    I know Monday's a weird day, but I really hope to see you, too. Bruce Vilanch (a writer of the HS) would be so happy.

6. RogueScribner

RogueScribner Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    Funnily enough, my schedule looks pretty wide open these days . . .

7. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    Hey, at least you won't have to fight to get Thanksgiving off.

8. GIRLSOLO

GIRLSOLO Jedi Youngling

Nov 15, 2008
    Looking forward to it!

9. GIRLSOLO

GIRLSOLO Jedi Youngling

Nov 15, 2008
    Newbie here testing my icon

10. GIRLSOLO

GIRLSOLO Jedi Youngling

Nov 15, 2008
    I need directions again....left on Americana...? THen what? cant find the email

11. Chris Wyman

Chris Wyman Jedi Master star 1

Jul 7, 2008
    Wow, great event last night! Gely, it was great to meet you and your daughter, thanks for coming out and joining us.

Campbell, what a great collection. Thank you and your wife for opening up the house for all of us, I really enjoyed that. I'll be announcing the date of the next TSWC meeting very soon to which you all are invited, of course.

12. GIRLSOLO

GIRLSOLO Jedi Youngling

Nov 15, 2008
    Hi Chris. It's Gely. Yes thanks again Campbell, it was awesome.
    Chris...you are like soooooo awesome....your hardcore.
    I love Star Wars. Yesterday was like awesome, I definitley felt the force being in a room full of Star Wars fans.
    The force was there.

13. GIRLSOLO

GIRLSOLO Jedi Youngling

Nov 15, 2008
    You were all sooooo cool. Sharon u rock! Campbell and your wife ( sorry didn't get your name )u guys were great.
    I'm trying to remember all your names....eventually I'll learn them all.
    Campbell , you need to have another gathering soon, this time I'll wear my hair in buns like princess Leia. LOL

May the force be with you

14. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    Thanks to everybody for coming out. It really was a great time, and fantastic to have such a crowd. I didn't really bring up anything that I'd planned, which is absolutely fine. Not only can we talk about those things later, but clearly we didn't need an agenda- it was just great to spend time with an assortment of fans. There will be a thread on OrlandoSystem.com to arrange a carpool over to Tampa for theirt December meeting, for which the date is now being hammered out.

In fact, Chris, you may want to start an "Event" of your meeting on Facebook to have a place to plan and invite people. If you don't but you'd like me to start one I will once I know when you are meeting. I'm gonna try and get there this time. These things are too fun to pass up! It's like Mid-Florida Mini Fan Days...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.