main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Now that you've seen the movie. Was being unspoiled worth it?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by rogue_wookiee, May 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rogue_wookiee

rogue_wookiee Jedi Youngling star 6

Apr 24, 2004
    I say. YES! I was hugely spoiled for Ep. I, I read some reference books for Ep. II and saw things I didn't want to. But this time I avoided them like the plague and I'm very glad I did. All those months of living in fear of everything, the boards, cheez-its, Mountain Dew, etc. were all worth it in the end.

How about you? Was months, or years, of avoiding spoilers worth it today?

2. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    Of course. Many of the complaints in the spoiler forum are "Where was this scene I was expecting" or "This scene wasn't as good as I imagined it."

Only now, at the end, do they understand.

3. The_General_Grievous

The_General_Grievous Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2005
    well im happy i turned away from spoilers(i still have to wait until this friday to see ROTS).I went from knowing everything to knowing a little( look down to see what i know)

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SPOILER WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heres everything i know about episode 3

Space Battle
    Yoda vs Sideous
    The Dule

and im happy i dont know much, it was worth it

4. -RebelScum-

-RebelScum- Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 21, 2004
    yes it was!

5. Obi-Bob

Obi-Bob Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 16, 1999
    My God. It was worth everything I went through.

Seeing the movie and not really knowing what to expect next was great.

Seeing Anakin dealing with Palpatine before he turned was awesome. I almost thought he wasn't going to turn. Though, I know he had to.

6. DarthBabe

DarthBabe Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 18, 2002
    It was definitly worth not being spoiled. :p What would have been the point of seeing it if I had already knew all the details? :p

7. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    Yes it was worth it.
    Though there were few suprises, I was still on the edge of my seat (with speculation for the unknown.) I was spoiled for AOTC and after viewing it, my feelings were frustration with myself for having ruined the initial viewing. No such feelings this time round.

I'm glad that I avoided most spoilers (though I had seen the trailers and read the last page of the novel.)

-Seldon

8. marajadebean

marajadebean Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 11, 2005
    Being spoiler free, to the best of my abilities, was wholeheartedly, unequivocably worth it. I am so proud that I was, it just made all the difference in the world. I certainly will never forget the experience, ever.

9. JediPrincessKas

JediPrincessKas Jedi Master star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    yes yes yes yes yes!

10. AnakinMoonwalker

AnakinMoonwalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 23, 2002
    I was expecting more surprises
    it was still definatly worth it

11. NiktosRule

NiktosRule Jedi Padawan star 4

May 8, 2001
    Yes it is definitely worth it. I actually ended up knowing very little. I knew about all 5 duels but that was b/c of the trailer. I knew a space battle happened at the opening of the film. I knew nothing huge or how any of the battles played out though.

12. SWJaggy

SWJaggy Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2003
    I agree /c most of the people here. It was definately worth staying spoiler-free!!! I just got out at 9:35 and am having a hard time taking it all in. I don't regret it for a second!

13. origjedi

origjedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2001
    Definitely worth it! Definitely!

14. Ness

Ness Jedi Youngling

Feb 13, 2004
    YES!!

15. Ellbobin

Ellbobin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2004
    Yes! I always though anakin going to the darkside would be like a moth to a flame 'ohh, power. Turn.' But the surprises in the cinema were amazing!

16. Darth_Banal

Darth_Banal Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 22, 2002
    Yes. Absolutely worth being SF.

17. Darth_Rabe

Darth_Rabe Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 7, 2001
    stormcloud8 hit the nail on the head:

Of course. Many of the complaints in the spoiler forum are "Where was this scene I was expecting" or "This scene wasn't as good as I imagined it."
    Only now, at the end, do they understand.

Proud to say I was spoiler free till episode III!

18. Jedi knight Pozzi

Jedi knight Pozzi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 2, 2000
    Yes. That goes for AOTC as well.

Because of this, I try and stay unspoiled for all non-SW films as well.

19. Ghost_Jedi

Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 27, 2003
    it was so great enjoying the emotional roller coaster. not knowing how the duels will end, or the explanation to palps' face. Truely great.

And I would like to thank stinky, Mace, and Garth for all of their help in keeping this place spoiler and troll free.

20. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    Non-spoiled is a way of life for me in all things. I never want to know anything about movies or TV shows or books. It is always better to be surprised than to be expecting.

When 'scenes from next week' come on for a show I watch, I get into a panic and hurry to change the channel or mute it.

21. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    No question about it. Unspoiled made it so much better. I am so glad I stayed unspoiled for the last ever SW movie. I know I would regret it if I'd given in.

22. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN

GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN Jedi Master star 5

Jul 4, 2004
  23. RurouniKJS

RurouniKJS Jedi Youngling star 2

May 4, 2005
    I had planned to devour all the hype, maybe even reading the novels first (to come full circle, as I'd known the whole ANH story long before I finally saw it). But I restrained myself from the novels (I bought the cheap kids' version but left it unopened on the shelf) and only saw a page of the comic book (Padme and Anakin's final scene) and thusly still managed an unspoiled viewing in the ways that counted most, I think. I am very, VERY glad I resisted going full force on spoilage.

24. jimbobfella

jimbobfella Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 20, 2002
    Very pleased I didnt get spoiled, however, I am miffed that I watched the full trailer online - I did not encounter it anywhere else in the run up to the film and had I not sought it out and watched it, I would not have known about any of the film :(

ah well, could have been worse!!

25. CodeName_Targeter

CodeName_Targeter Jedi Master star 5

Nov 7, 2003
    It was defintely worth it, though now I wish that I had been slightly even less spoiled than I was. But oh well, ROTS still rocked. :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.