main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nute Gunray voice needed for ultimate Saga edit...

Discussion in 'Archive: Fan Audio' started by InfoDroid, Dec 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. InfoDroid

InfoDroid Jedi Youngling

Dec 29, 2005
    Hey Guys,

I'm involved in a major editing project over on originaltrilogy.com. The project's goal is to improve the storytelling and execution of the Prequel Trilogy and elevate it to the same classic level as the Original Trilogy, and also to integrate all six episodes into one satisfying, cohesive whole.

I'm involved in the Episode I project(which is progressing nicely), and another team is working on Episode II. One of the major changes is to make the Neimoidians, especially Nute Gunray, much more threatening characters. More like the evil Egyptian Pharoahs of the Bible bent on enslaving the Naboo people... To make them villains worthy of the Star Wars Saga. One of the ways we're doing this is by giving them a whole new voice and completely new dialogue through subtitles.

Here's a test clip:
    http://rapidshare.de/files/8742132/Nute_Gunray.MPG.html

My problem is this: The dialogue in the above clip was tracked from The Passion of the Christ, and although it works extremely well, it's still from The Passion.

THE BOTTOM LINE: What I need to do is accomplish the above effect, but with a newly recorded track. So, what I'm asking is for someone to come forward who has the knowledge, equipment and skill in recording and manipulating dramatic audio (as many of you on this board do), who is willing to become a member of the team and help us accomplish this.

I can provide you with the text to read. Not a lot of arduous work here. No complicated dubbing or lip-sync.

I'm basically in need of someone (with the right type of voice) to record themselves reading three (or so) paragraphs of an alien language several times. Once angry, once threatening, once cunning and manipulative. Then I need them to read several proper names in the same style, like "Amidala", "Jedi", etc. Keep in mind, it's not meant to sound ANYTHING like the original Nute Gunray. Think low, guttural, menacing, threatening, abrasive, aggressive...

This will provide me with the raw material I need to construct their dialect and cut it to match up with the mouth movements. Shouldn't be too hard (for you).

If you're interested in helping and have the capability of sending me a wav or mp3, take this opportunity to become a permanent addition to the Star Wars Saga, please PM me or post on here ASAP!

Your help will be greatly appreciated and you will be credited.

--InfoDroid

2. Blaine_The_Mono

Blaine_The_Mono Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 18, 2005
    This sounds really interesting. Although I've never done voice acting before, I'd like to at least see the dialouge and test it out. Would that be okay?

3. InfoDroid

InfoDroid Jedi Youngling

Dec 29, 2005
    Absolutely, I'm grateful for any help we can get. If you're not suited for Nute, there are other Neimoidians and indeed, many other characters who I need voices for as well. The main question is do you have the recording capability?

4. Blaine_The_Mono

Apr 18, 2005
    I have a mic but it's certinally not professional standard :(

5. InfoDroid

InfoDroid Jedi Youngling

Dec 29, 2005
    Doesn't have to be "THX-certified" or anything, but if there's a lot of tinny echo and so forth, then I won't be able to use it. It should be reasonably as clear as what you hear in the SW films.

6. Blaine_The_Mono

Apr 18, 2005
    Hmmm. Think I could have a shot of it?

7. InfoDroid

InfoDroid Jedi Youngling

Dec 29, 2005
    Of course. I'll PM you.

8. InfoDroid

InfoDroid Jedi Youngling

Dec 29, 2005
    Ever get that PM, Blaine?

9. InfoDroid

InfoDroid Jedi Youngling

Dec 29, 2005
    Well, never heard back from Blaine, but the extremely talented Darth Milarc (creator of "Memoirs of a Jedi") has been gracious enough to help us out and record the material we need, and I must say, his performance was right on target. He hit every nuance perfectly. Nute Gunray will now be one very malevolent alien!

Hopefully he'll be helping us with some other characters as well. ;)

Thanks, Milarc!

--InfoDroid

10. Darth Milarc

Darth Milarc Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2000
    No problem InfoDroid. And i'll be emailing you soon regarding other vo's. ;)

-DM

11. InfoDroid

InfoDroid Jedi Youngling

Dec 29, 2005
    Sweet! I'll be looking forward to it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.