main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NYC, NY NYC Halloween Parade

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Meriwyn, Sep 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TK-1174

TK-1174 Jedi Youngling

Oct 28, 2003
    If I may, I would suggest meeting at the parade line up around 6:30 pm on 6th Avenue bewteen Spring and Broome Streets.

There will be mobs of people but I am sure the star wars people will stand out.

Hope to see you all at the parade!

2. Mayhem

Mayhem Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    Me and the wifey will be missing things this year.
    With the wedding and stuff and just getting back, we've had no time to put things together and I'm sure we'll be beat by the end of the week. I don't think either one of us are adjusting back to NY time...LOL

Hope you all have fun. and if any of you are near 14th and 3rd before 3pm that day...come say hi. :D

3. StarFromIHJ

StarFromIHJ Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2002
    I'm going to try to come! Who knows what I'll be, but I'll most likely be there.

I will probably be Buffy again because its the easiest costume to just throw together.

4. StarFromIHJ

Apr 5, 2002
    Grr stupid double posts.

5. Jedi_Samantha

Jedi_Samantha Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    is it bad i still havent decided what to go as? lol

6. StarFromIHJ

Apr 5, 2002
    Nope, because I don't know either.

Sam, can I go in with you on Friday?

7. Jedi_Samantha

Feb 15, 2002
    Sure... once i figure out how im getting there.. etc etc cause my boyfriend is driving up from Virginia and we havnt decided if we are gonna stay in Jersey for the weekend or my house. Yep. i am the queen of procrastination.

8. StarFromIHJ

Apr 5, 2002
    I don't know how I'm getting back. Wherever everyone ends up Dad can pick me up from I guess.

You think you're the Queen of procrastination? I just decided Saturday to go, and just asked Dad if I could go yesterday (he said yes :)). lol

Shawn can't come up this weekend since he was just here 2 weeks ago. He will be up in 16 days, but who is counting? :p

9. Jedi_Samantha

Feb 15, 2002
    Well i either need to a) book a hotel room or b) inform my parents that he's coming and maybe staying here.

Last year was so much easier lol

10. StarFromIHJ

Apr 5, 2002
    I wish I could say the same about last year. :(

Does anyone know if the parade has a "weapons" policy? Would I be allowed to carry around my stake? What about my faux (made from foamcore) crossbow?

11. BellaSabrina

BellaSabrina Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2002
    John, I can't wait to see you as Silent Bob!! That's gonna be awesome!!

I think Gary and I are meeting with Rebel Scum before hand. Just let us know where dinner is!

12. citizenjohn

citizenjohn Jedi Knight star 5

May 4, 2001
    Marie

Its the easiest costume for me to pull off a s both work clothes & a costume. Since Im the only libarian on duty on Friday, I cant get the day off :( . But as I said Ill meet up with you all after work :)

John

13. Reaper63

Reaper63 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    The lovely marie is correct, I was planning on meeting up with them before the parade, not sure when or where yet. lol.

I'll most likely be taking the train into the city, and arriving at 33rd and 6th. Not sure on a time yet either, Thank god for days off :)

Ed, sorry you won't be there, but maybe I'll stop by and congratulate you in person :)

14. Mayhem

Mayhem Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    Sounds cool Ed. Like I said I'll be here til 3pm(from 10am) :D

15. Nillanator

Nillanator Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 9, 2001
    I won't be at the parade, can't get the whole day off on Friday. But, I will be at Chiller on Saturday. :)

Laura

16. Jedi_Samantha

Feb 15, 2002
    Dinner... Status on dinner? Anyone?

17. Lieutenant Piett

Lieutenant Piett Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 1999
    Due to a combination of scheduling conflicts and a rather unpleasant left-foot injury, Uncle George, a.k.a. "Bob Vila", will not be schlepping (or limping, for the matter) up 6th ave. this year. [face_plain]

However -- any post-parade spot on the bill? Á la the Cutting Room last year? I'd wanna join youse guys then.

18. Benae_Quee

Benae_Quee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    and the procrastintor of the year award goes to... ME who just finished and started a leia costume tonight and is still finishing it :: goes back to work on costume ::

19. Jedi_Samantha

Feb 15, 2002
    Nah i get that award...

My costumes for this weekend STILL arent dewrinkled or cleaned yet

20. Benae_Quee

Benae_Quee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    Yeah, but I had to acutally MAKE mine still LOL

21. DarthGyos

DarthGyos Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2001
    Too bad kevin, looked forward to hanging out.
    I PM'd you my cell; call me and we'll give you the location of the libations.

~DG~

22. citizenjohn

citizenjohn Jedi Knight star 5

May 4, 2001
    Appologies to everyone. After getting out of work the previous 3 nights at 2:30AM, I was lucky to get out at a decent hour tonight and headed home for rest.

Hope you all had a great time.

John

23. cyranodb

cyranodb Jedi Master star 4

Aug 26, 2001
    Hey boys and girls. Sorry we lost ya. They made us turn toward 5th avenue and then we couldn't find everyone else. I was so tired though that we decided to just split and call it an early night. Hope everyone had a great time at the post-parade party.

Mike

24. MattyFridays

MattyFridays Jedi Youngling

Oct 30, 2003
    Hey guys... I'm kinda new here, but going by context clues (Dark Leia, Buffy, "Samantha"), I'm guessing that you guys were the group I marched with for a few blocks last night.

I was dressed as ANH Solo - I wanted to thank you all for the warm welcome and the laughs as we were all jammed together.

I have pics available, if anybody wants them.

Again, thanks for the good time. It was a fun happening.

25. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    I tried to go to the parade but saw the chaotic crowds and thought, "I don't think so." However, I did see someone dressed up as ANH Leia, which gave me a good laugh, since her hair looked a little funky (yeah, it's supposed to, but it wasn't that kind of funky--you know what I mean :p ).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.