main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

<O====IC-GSE====O> "May the Force be with you"

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by DarthIntegral, Mar 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Hey, Tri! It's great to see you around again! :D

And I have to agree with sj, it would've been quite interesting to see Han and Han interact at the end. :p

2. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Yes.. perhaps circumstances will make it possible for Pops to come back for the sequel [face_mischief]

-sj loves kevin spacey

3. Spaceman_Spiff

Spaceman_Spiff Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    One thought I had for future games is to allow players to be as many characters as they think they can handle. They would initially sign up as one, but then, at any time, the player could announce within the thread that he or she is changing "main" characters, while running the risk that the new "main" could be killed and cause him or her to lose.

For example, let's say I sign up initially as Jean-Luc Picard. During the course of the game, I also begin to play as Brock Sampson, Professor Xavier, and Michael Scott. So one day, I decide that I'd rather win the game by playing Professor Xavier, so, while I'm still playing Picard, Brock, Xavier, and Scott, it's Xavier who is now my "main," and not Picard. Unfortunately, Xavier is murdered the next day, and therefore, I am now out of luck and have lost my chance to win.

Just one of my ideas.

*Watch Corner Gas on Superstation WGN.*

4. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    If that were the case, I'd have most of the Justice League running around ;) and every player would be ripping their hair out.

5. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    I'm sorry there was no thread yesterday, guys. It may or may not be delivered at all. It's not the recruitment thread. No, the mods and I agreed a nice, clean break would be healthy, but meanwhile someone had the idea for a "teaser" thread and I loved it. Essentially, something to tide us over until recruitment begins. So, we shall see.

6. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    Ok Cor, just let us know :D

7. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I'm not really sure how that would pan out. I mean, sure, it would open plenty of opportunities and give players free reign, but I think the line needs to be drawn somewhere. It would be complete chaos to allow a field of players consisting of 60 people(that's assuming they all are active) to have as many characters as they wish. There would be no order and forming bonds with other characters, which was a big highlight for GSE, would be next to impossible. Don't get me wrong, I understand where you're coming from, but I think it would be better to stick to one main character and have any additional characters be approved by the host or co-host.

And Cor, no worries. Take your time. :)

8. Coruscant

Feb 15, 2004
    The way it's going to work is... GSE "veterans" will be given the option of retaining one of their GSE characters as a secondary from the very start of the game, in addition to their main. If a vet didn't have a GSE secondary at all, he'll still be able to take up a completely new secondary, anyway. New and GSE inactive players, on the other hand, will just have the one main to start with. And, as much as I fancy the idea of mingling the characters of the Star Wars universe with those of other fictional universes, I think it's too much to even make that an option for vets. Of course, throughout the next game, players will still be able to earn non-SWU secondaries.

I know the latter decision probably won't be too popular, but non-LL non-SWU characters will be relatively easy to obtain with the word count points system (or you may win one in a challenge, who knows), so fear not, you'll be able to get as many as you want as long as you pay the prices.

Anyway, I have just gotten so impatient to spill the beans and now that the whole teaser thread concept is on hold (and life-support, I should add), I think I'll just do it here.

[image=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/7/7f/Tatooine.jpg/300px-Tatooine.jpg]
    That's the setting of the next Sleepy game, which will be called: SLEEPY DESERT

Between now and the start of the Main-Game DESERT (the PG will be back, too!), this thread will be used to release information like crucial dates (beginning of recruitment), drop little hints, and to chronicle Obi-Wan Kenobi's adventures on Tatooine between the end of GHOST SHIP EXECUTOR and the beginning of DESERT.

Besides that, all I'm saying for now is that solojones, winner of GSE, will Co-Host DESERT. Since Sunday, sj and I have been throwing ideas back and forth and working on how to improve the game, some of the mechanics of which we'll talk about in this thread.

Feel free to stick around, talk to GSE vets (or DESERT newbies), and ask questions which either solojones or I will try to answer to the best of our ability, without revealing too much.

Eh, I don't think we're gonna do a teaser thread, but there's always plenty of other options. I think, until sign-ups begin, we'll probably use this thread as an unofficial DESERT discussion.

9. Veloz

Aug 30, 2004
    You just had to send Ben back to the desert didnt u :oops:[face_laugh] ... dont tell me we're all gonna have to go help Obi-Wan babysit [face_worried] :p... cant wait to see how this one's gonna go :D

10. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    I have a question about this. Can we only retain a character from GSE as a secondary or can we use them as a main in Desert as well? I was planning to bring back Han as my main once again.

Oh yea, and bring on Desert! :D

11. Coruscant

Feb 15, 2004
    You can make a GSE main a DESERT secondary, a GSE main a DESERT main, a GSE secondary a DESERT main, or a GSE secondary a DESERT secondary. :p

When I say "you", I refer to you, Steph, and all GSE vets only, of course.

12. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Okay, I have to step back and laugh at that. I read that wrong and I was about to post "bah" because I thought you said we can only make our GSE mains secondaries in DESERT. Way to confuse me. I must really be tired. 8-} :p

ANYWAY, that's great to hear! Thanks, Cor! :D

13. Spaceman_Spiff

Spaceman_Spiff Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    Why limit it to SW characters, though? Sleepy Tower was very successful mining all genres. We've already done SW theme once, so we should probably expand our repertoire. That might just be me, though. And of course, I don't think I have to say how much I disagree with the bolded portion above. You make baby Jesus cry, Cor. ;)

I was never asked to host after Tower. :(

[image=http://www.huffingtonpost.com/eat-the-press/ferecito.jpg]

Just keeding! :p

When is this game supposed to take place? Isn't sj gone for the next 3 months?

*Watch Corner Gas on Superstation WGN.*

14. DarthSubZero

DarthSubZero Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2006
    Can we have new mains? I don't wanna play T3 again. Forming any alliances was near next to impossible with that guy, unless I did something awesome, which the others were forced to talk to me.

And being a secret murderer in the end didn't help either.:p

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Galen_Marek Darth Vader beware. The GSE guys aren't the only ones that have a settle to score.[face_devil]

15. Coruscant

Feb 15, 2004
    You may, of course, select an entirely new main.

16. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Assuming the next game will be on Tatooine: will we have any access to the settlements? Mos Eisley, Mos Espa, and so on? Or will it be the Dune Sea for all of us?

You know, if anyone plays him, he'll likely be the first murder victim of the entire game. :p

Of course, Vader won't be returning either. ;)

17. Coruscant

Feb 15, 2004
    Not as played by you. :p

My lips are sealed about your, uh... "freedom of movement" and overall location on Tatooine. More on that sooner or later.

18. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    maybe, but i wouldn't count on it. for a number of reasons.

:snoopy

19. DarthSubZero

Nov 10, 2006

Still gonna go with him though. At least he talks, albeit barely. :p

20. Veloz

Aug 30, 2004
    Yeah Cor, any idea when the game would start at least?:confused:

21. DarthSubZero

Nov 10, 2006
    So Cor, what's that sneaky Obi-Wan doing right now?

22. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Diaper Change likely. :p

23. DarthSubZero

Nov 10, 2006
    That is to be expected, I guess.

Howvever, what then are our favorite brats Anakin and the Solo twins doing right now? Watching the power converters? Probably, because Obi-Wan probably heard the whining from the Jundland Waste, since I think Luke has been complaining about those power converters long before ANH.

24. Coruscant

Feb 15, 2004
    Don't worry, everyone's up to something. ;)

GSE Veteran Reservations have gone out! Get your character picks in ASAP!

25. Coruscant

Feb 15, 2004
    SLEEPY DESERT developing...

Player List

1. HanSolo29 - Han Solo

2. The_Loyal_Imperial - A'Sharad Hett

3. Trimaj - Han Solo

4. DarthSubZero - Galen Marek

5. Rebecca_Daniels - Jysella Horn

6. Spaceman_Spiff - Darth Vader

7. Mitth_Fisto - Natasi Daala

8. Veloz - Tholme

Generations List

1. Han Solo (1) - post ROTJ, Courtship

2. A'Sharad Hett - post Order 66

3. Han Solo (3) - Elderly

4. Darth Vader (6) - post ROTS, pre ANH

-Characters with an asterisk (*) next to their name have experienced and remember events of the Ghost Ship executor.

-If a character is not on the generations list, that means s/he can really only be from one era because that's the only time we see him/her.

-Generations characters with a number to the right of their name are corresponded by that number to their placing on the player list.

Keep in mind, you have until now and the game's start to change your character, change what era/generation he's from, if he's from GSE whether or not he's the same character or a copy, and if the same GSE character, whether or not he retains his memories of being on the ghost ship.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.