main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mary OFFICIAL Advance Tickets Discussion

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Mogook, Apr 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jawa78

Jawa78 Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2002
    has anyone found out anything for the hoyts theaters yet? i've called 2 in the area (one was the new germantown theater than opened today)and they both told me that they knew nothing at all. it has been confirmed that tix went on sale today throughout the u.s. but so far that isn't the truth for hoyts theaters at all. the hoyts theaters that i've been too have posters for ep.2 so it would be very odd if they didn't get it! i just don't wanna be shut out on opening day because of some theater's lack of knowledge! this sucks!

2. Jawa78

Jawa78 Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2002
    it's also interesting to note that moviephone.com, fandango.com,movietickets.com (which has mauls lightsaber at the top of the screen and says tix on sale friday may 3rd) amc.com (which has a buy advanced tickets now box but directs you to movietickets.com)have NO info on tickets when they have things saying they are on sale! this is extremley confusing and when a theater says they will know more monday makes me wonder if they will ever know anything. some theaters look to be selling tix anywhere from the 2nd-4th so maybe hoyts will do thm a week before (i'm hoping because by then tix will be gone for most other theaters)but i'm starting to get really confused, worried, and really pissed off at the way they are going about this. for a movie of star wars' size you'd think more people would be aware of most of this info but they're not! 1999 was so much more well orginized and tix went on sale at every theater, everywhere in the u.s. at the same time (no earlier either). like i said...i'm going to be one pissed person if may 16th comes and i'm not at a theater watching ep.2!!

3. Heather Kenobi

Heather Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 20, 2000
  4. MasterYaddle

MasterYaddle Jedi Youngling

Apr 29, 2002
    Just an FYI...

On Movietickets.com they had some 12:01AM shows listed earlier today in Maryland, but they had them under 5/15, not 5/16. So, when you're searching for tickets, use the 15th. I don't remember what theaters were listed, but you were able to buy tickets then.

The site's pretty busy now, but give it a try.

5. mon-mothma

mon-mothma Jedi Master star 2

Mar 7, 2002
    I was at Owings Mills 17 today and their earliest show is 11:45 A.M. on the 16th. They are NOT having a midnight showing. I got mine there anyway as seeing the movie at midnight is not important to me. There was no line, actually, which surprised me and the three other people waiting to buy tickets. I think it's because this whole advance ticket sales thing has been done in a kind of low-key way.

M.M.

6. DRK_HLMT

DRK_HLMT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    Okay, at movietickets.com they have tickets for sale for the following theaters close to me for the 16th. They have some for the 15th showings too which are the midnight showings. I used 20755 for the zip:

15th of May

AMC Union Station 9
    12:01am

AMC Skyline 12

AMC Hoffmann Center 22
    12:01am , 12:01am

AMC Potomac Mills

16th of May
    AMC Union Station 9
    12:30pm , 3:45pm , 7:00pm , 10:15pm

AMC Owings Mills 17
    11:45am , 12:30pm , 3:00pm , 3:45pm , 6:15pm , 7:00pm , 9:30pm , 10:15pm , 12:45am

AMC Skyline 12

AMC Hoffmann Center 22
    11:45am , 12:30pm , 3:00pm , 3:45pm , 6:15pm , 7:00pm , 9:30pm , 10:15pm

AMC Potomac Mills

No word on Hoyts though. But if you want tickets for those theaters, go there now!! :D

EDIT: Okay, I did a search with the maximum radius, which was 40 miles and it put in the theaters for DC and VA. These are the only ones that seem to be doing the midnight showing!! Is the Senator doing a midnight showing? If Hoyts isn't going to do a midnight show then I guess the next place for me would be the Senator or Muvico (Yuck!) if they are the only one's doing a midnight show. :mad: :_|

7. mon-mothma

mon-mothma Jedi Master star 2

Mar 7, 2002
    Wow...just got back from surfing over to the Seattle Star Wars Society web site to check on those two guys who have been waiting in line since New Years Day. I browsed their boards and was shocked to read some of those posts...there are fans scalping tickets to other fans. I must say that based on that brief visit we are a much nicer bunch out here. I haven't read one post on our board where people who have offered to wait in line are expecting others to bid on the tickets they buy. I guess what I'm trying to say in a roundabout way is that we're clearly a more supportive group of fans who look out for each other rather than try to profit off of each other. And thank heavens for that.

M.M.

8. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    I hope Hoyts does a midnight. I was at Muvico tonight to see Spiderman (great movie by the way, very close to the comic) and it assured me that I didn't want to see Star Wars there. People talked and someone kept putting up a laser pointer on the screen.

I'll keep calling Hoyts. On monday they should know what's going on.

9. Karthio_Five

Karthio_Five Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2001
    Yeah, I just got back from Spider-Man, too and it really was great, much better than I expected it to be. They developed the characters well, it definately isn't your typical comic book action film.

Anyway, looks like its definately Hoyts for me because I didn't buy any other tickets today. Regardless of whether or not they are having a midnight showing, I'll be at Hoyts the evening before. Anyone else able to get in line the night before, or am I going to be all alone? :(

Assuming tickets don't go on sale Monday, I should be set to wait in line the night before. If tickets go on sale Monday, I'd have to pull some strings but hopefully I could make it before midnight showing tickets sell-out, that is if they have one.

Anyway, hope to see a sizeable line! I keep hearing about other lines across the country that were small or even non-existant. Hopefully, we'll get a sizeable crowd at Hoyts.

Off to bed,
    Karth

10. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    I don't if I'll be there the night before. If they go on sale on either a Tuesday or Thursday, I can get there as early as I want in the morning. But if they sell tickets on Monday, it's gonna be some string pulling.

11. BobaFett420

BobaFett420 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 12, 2001
    I'm planning on being at Hoyt's for a good while, since I have a VERY understanding boss. If anyone is interested in showing up REALLY early (like during the wee hours of the morning), myself and those with me will be game. Sleep is overrated. :-D

12. Karthio_Five

Nov 9, 2001
    Well, almost going to bed. :)

Boba, I'm up for getting there in the wee hours of the morning, I'll be bringing stuff to keep myself and anyone else in line busy. Let me know what time you are going to try to get there. I'm pretty sure I'll be able to work it out, as long as the ticket announcement isn't made at the last minute.

Thanks and see you in line,
    Karth

EDIT: Ugh, I really need to start proof reading these things.

13. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    I'll try to give you all more than a last minute thing. Once I call Hoyts on Monday, I'll be posting the response here. Try to check in here a lot that day. If you're all going in early, I'll join you all maybe. But of course, it depends on the day.

14. Jawa78

Jawa78 Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2002
    so is there any offical info on hoyts selling tix on monday? i'd like to see the midnight showing but seeing it on opening day is what really matters to me. it's still really odd that hoyts is waiting but i don't know their policy for advance tix but if i can recall most of the advance ticket sales in frederick go on sale a week before (that wasn't the case for ep.1 because they went on sale two weeks in advance and the same day and time they did everywhere else!)this blows! george wants it in only the best theaters and holding off on hoyts for a while is a odd thing to do especially when they have already said tix go on sale may 3rd in the u.s....everywhere, but that's not the case and i find that to be a bit disturbing! i'm going to check the r/c theater in hagerstown and the hoyts in frederick tomorrow for updates.i do have a friend who works at the hagerstown theater and he lets friends into the midnight showing for employees for free and this theater is nice...stadium seating so maybe he knows something (he let my friend in for free on may 3rd at midnight to see spider-man with the rest of the employees!)once again...THIS BLOWS!!!!

15. Karthio_Five

Nov 9, 2001

Mogook,

Sorry, I hope I didn't imply that you or someone else would make the announcement late, I was honestly referring to Hoyts. You've given us plenty of updates, and they were a big help to me, especially today since I was working. I just meant that Hoyts may make a last minute decision regarding whether tickets will go on sale Monday or whether they will go on sale later in the week. Sorry if my wording was confusing.

16. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    No, no, I understand. It's no problem. Yeah, Hoyts is being dumb about this. I was saying that I'll do my best to get the announcement to you all as soon as possible.

My guess is they'll sell tickets a week early.

17. Karthio_Five

Nov 9, 2001
    Yeah, I've been thinking the same thing, a week early. That would work out great for me since I had been anticipating next week as the on-sale date all along (until all this May 3rd ticket sale nonsense occured).

If tickets go on sale any day next week, other than Monday, all my problems will be solved. Well, except for overnight bathroom breaks. Uh-oh.

Zzzzzz,
    Karth

18. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    I hope tickets go on sale Thursday.

19. BobaFett420

BobaFett420 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 12, 2001
    I've already bought a 10 AM Thursday the 16th ticket at Muvico...I figure it will be more managable during the early mall-walker hours. Imperial Mall-Walkers on the North Ridge! Sorry...too easy.

Spider-man is out of the way...good movie, but now...so close.

20. Ara-Gorn_Sirrah

Ara-Gorn_Sirrah Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 30, 2002
    Report from the Senator line:
    The length of the line exploded last night. There are at least 75 people in line (it goes down the block and had just turned the corner @ 1 a.m.).
    Good news:
    Ca-Bal's girlfriend was on WJZ 13 at 11 p.m. newscast last night... Along with a life-size Yoda someone brought (laden with Mardi-Gras beads no less). My wife asked how many people Yoda had to flash to get that many beads, but no one would fess up. :)
    Bad news:
    Jerks are riding by making derogatory remarks and gestures AND someone started shooting at people in the line with a BB gun from an MTA bus yesterday! :mad:
    Guy next in line chased the bus until someone flagged a cop down. Cops stopped the bus, BB shooter ran, but they caught him. There is a hole in a glass window above the line and a couple of people DID get hit! No one was seriously injured though...

Gotta get back there now.

Best of luck on Nursery 24. Can't believe Hoyts is jerking people around like this!

21. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    I can't believe that Ara-Gorn. I'm glad they caught the jerk.

Well, we're getting closer to Monday, and that's when we'll know. I'll start a new thread about planning for the line once we get the ticket date.

22. DoOrDoNotNoTry

DoOrDoNotNoTry Jedi Grand Master star 1

Dec 12, 1999
    mon-mothma: you probably saw my dad there in line. I would have been there but I was taking.....no, failing a world history test.

That sucks major @$$ about the Senator. But everyone has there tickets now and its only 12 more days!

23. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Alright, I gave Hoyts another call today. I talked to the manager, this conversation was upsetting. This is, from memory, the conversation:

Me: "When are you selling tickets?"
    Manager: "Monday, well, we'll know Monday."
    Me: "Are you selling tickets monday, or will you know when you are on Monday?"
    Manager: "We're probably gonna sell tickets on Monday."
    Me: "Will you have a midnight showing?"
    Manager: "Only on weekends."

There's a brief pause as I digest it.

Me: "Well, will you have a midnight showing for the opening I mean?"
    Manager: "Well, the movie opens on a Friday right?"
    Me: No, on thursday."
    Manager: "Oh? Huh. Well, I think we get ours on Friday."

More confused pauses from me.

Manager: "Call on Monday, the District Manager will be here, he'll know more. He opens up so call around 10."

Well, that was pretty much the discussion I had. Rather odd I say. But some better news, though it requires a possible change in plans. I've been checking Texas Instruments' list of Digital Cinemas. Well, recently, a theater in Maryland has been added. It's the new Crown Theaters in Annapolis Mall. I called them up and the woman they should be selling tickets on Monday or Tuesday, that she expects the movie to be with the digital projection, and that she thinks there will be a midnight showing.

I for one wouldn't mind going to this theater to see the movie if Hoyts doesn't work out. If Hoyts comes through, I have no problem going there for the midnight showing and then going to Crown at a later date.

But something to consider, at Celebration II, it was revealed that digital screenings of the movie would have added scenes.

I'll keep all of you updated and I apologize for all this switching around and lack of news from Hoyts. I'm doing my best to all the news about the tickets I can.

24. Ara-Gorn_Sirrah

Ara-Gorn_Sirrah Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 30, 2002
    Well, the line is finished now.
    Ca-Bal was dubbed "Iron Man". :D

While being 3rd in line, he actually stayed in line for the full [near] 39 hours (People in 1st & 2nd worked in shifts).

I'll have pix of last night & this morning on my site in about half an hour. Senator's site has some pix up already (www.senator.com).

Master Yaddle: In case you haven't heard from your brother yet, we did connect. He's got your 2 tix in hand! See you on 5/15! :)

Mogook et al: Hang in there. They can't leave you guys hanging like this much longer... Can they? :(

25. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    No, I don't think they can. But, if we can't get Hoyts, we'll get the digital projection that George intended. And, Crown is the only place in MD with it.

Once I get the site up and running, we can put those Senator picks up on there Ara-Gorn.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.