main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

**OFFICIAL** Attack Of The Clones Score Discussion

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Sithman, Mar 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002
    Ah.... I think I have a genuine "Across the Stars".... (or at least part of it). if you'd like a copy, PM me.

It sounds Star Wars, and I have the SOTE and the Original trio anthology.. and It's not from any of them....

I don't know.

Can someone help me out here?

EDIT:
    By the by, it has a very Episode 1 sound, and very sweet and innocent... c'mon. I want to know if this is real.

2. TracerBlazer

TracerBlazer Jedi Youngling

Mar 26, 2002
    Anyone who has heard "Across the Stars", listen to it back to back with the new track Williams composed for the finale of the ROTJ Special Edition. Sound familiar?

This has been an amazing night!

3. Darth_Stinky

Darth_Stinky Jedi Youngling

Mar 26, 2002
    Where are you all getting this music from

I must here is now....PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE

PLEASE

PLEASE

4. Echo

Echo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    there is a huge discussion about the soundtrack mp3s over at the AOTC spoilers board.

but i must say this here, where it belongs.

and i may be a bit caught up in things here... but this is potentially the BEST SW score.... EVER.

5. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    Across the Stars and Anakin and Padme are two of the most beautiful pieces of SW music ever recorded. Across the Stars has an epic feel about it, but the desperate love sense I get from Anakin and Padme is amazing. Wow. What an amazing day, to finally hear the new music, and to have it be of this quality. I wanted to hear the love themes first, but while I'm at work I'll let this baby download the Confrontation track. It will be my little reward for a good day on the job :) Damn it's a great time to be a fan!!!!!

6. Wizdoc

Wizdoc Jedi Youngling

Dec 8, 1999
    Yeah, Across the Stars is really worthy of a Star Wars film piece, a song full of emotion and underlying darkness. Just excellent. And those who are wondering, it does not have lyrics in it, or a choir.

All in all, the score is much better than the one in The Phantom Menace. Episode One music sounded very disjointed from the rest of the trilogy, but this one nicely bridges those new episode one tune (like Duel of the Fates) with all the familiar melodies from the original trilogy. And adds a dose of lovely original music to boot.

After the disappointment that was TPM - both as a film and a musical experience - I was positively surprised. A John Williams masterpiece.

Wizdoc

7. Circusboy39

Circusboy39 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 29, 2001
    Even better, listen to Across the Stars and Luke and Leia's theme back to back. :D There are definite similarities.

8. PloKloon1138

PloKloon1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 5, 2001
    I've listened to Across the Stars, Anakin and Padme, and Confontation with Count Dooku and Finale... [face_shocked]

:D :) :D

9. JohnWilliams00

JohnWilliams00 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2002
    Listen to Return to Tatooine. When the Duel of the Fates kicks in (in a slight variation too), man I wonder what's happening on the screen.

I imagine Anakin is on his speeder bike racing to save his mother.

10. TracerBlazer

TracerBlazer Jedi Youngling

Mar 26, 2002
    You're right, I've been thinking about where the music in Return to Tatooine is placed. In my mind, I see Anakin emerging from the homestead and walking towards the sunset, a la Luke in ANH, followed by him on the speeder bike with DOTF.

Or is that just wishful thinking?

11. The_Cloaked_One

The_Cloaked_One Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 27, 2002
    When does the soundtrack officially come out? I saw it somewhere but forgot. :( (sorry) Also, are there any songs on Kazza yet?

12. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002
    Hey now I'm all hyped!

13. NesteaNate

NesteaNate Jedi Youngling

Feb 4, 2002
    Ok, somebody has to PM me where they're getting the songs. I downloaded something from Kazaa but it sounded sketchy. It was only two min. long and only fraction. If anyone can help please do. I'm frantic.

14. Frank_TJ_Mackey

Frank_TJ_Mackey Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2000
    okie guys

another observation

I think that ATS is about tAnakin's theme clashing with ..........PADME's theme......

In one of Williams' interview for the SW insider, he said that he had composed a theme for Padme ....and I always thought that the muz playing in the "ONE" commercial about Padme was her theme. So if you listens carefully the first few seconds of "Anakin and Padme" track it sounds a lot a like a slight variation of padme'S theme ...

and throw Luke&Leia''s theme in that + Anakin's theme + padme's theme and you have

Across the Stars

15. dehrian

dehrian Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 18, 1999
    NesteaNate, what you got was a bogus Across the Stars someone tried to pass off a few weeks ago. It's actually music from Quest for Camelot.

This score is tremendously beautiful. JW has incorporated some secondary cues from the OT that were not themes so much as musical phrases he used, often simply to accent another theme, in the original films. It's great to hear him revisiting some of those phrases to tie things together musically.

AtS is now, I think, my favorite SW theme.

Also, the end credits consists of Across the Stars and, briefly, Anakin's theme, and it ends softly as TPM's credits did.

16. PloKloon1138

PloKloon1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 5, 2001
    I have one thing to say: John Williams has definitely outdone himself with this one. :D

17. JohnWilliams00

JohnWilliams00 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2002
    Anakin and Padme has the Harry Potter theme right at the start. A near note-for-note copy. Not that there's anything wrong with it, I just found it amusing and had to check if I was playing the right mp3 (I do have Haryy Potter mp3s as well) ;)

18. The_Cloaked_One

Feb 27, 2002
    Where are you guys getting the MP3s??? I havent heard a single note from AotC so I want to experience it! :D

19. Frank_TJ_Mackey

Frank_TJ_Mackey Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2000
    it is me or ATS plays in almost each tracks. I really DO LOVE THE Track, one of top -3 on this soundtrack.....but i'm afraid that after multiple listening of the score it will diminish his impact. Never a SW theme never own a movie that much.

I guess Lucas was right when he said AOTC was a love story.

I'm not trolling, I really do love Across The stars....but SW used to have a lot of different themes (just look at the OT soundtracks, every tracks has 2-3 themes fighting all the time.

Maybe it's only me and the fact that I'm not used to all the new themes in AOTC (and TPM i guess)

Dooku's theme ? `Jango's theme ? CLone's theme ? Mace's theme ? Bail's theme

I bet that in ot's days, Williams would have wrote a theme for Bail, Dooku and mace too.

Still one of the best SW soundtrack, still undecided where it all fits in...shall see the movie...

20. dehrian

dehrian Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 18, 1999
    The Imperial March is heard about as much in ESB.

21. Darth_Payback

Darth_Payback Jedi Master star 1

May 14, 2001
    WOW I love this soundtrack, can't wait to buy it when it comes out!!

I agree JohnWilliams00, when DotF kicks in, I see Anakin on his speederbike, going to save mom.

22. Rebel-3000

Rebel-3000 Jedi Youngling

Mar 26, 2002
    Is it just me, or does Across the Stars sound a little too much like an old black & white romance movie score ?

Don't get me wrong, it's great... I just don't love it yet. I felt more from the original Anakin's Theme.

As far as I can figure, Padme's theme was played during the Senate meeting, and was also in the TV spot.

The native-sounding drum beats in the Chase theme sound really good through headphones, as the beats make great use of the stereo, I love it. Those electric guitar rifts were a bit odd, as they seemed to just be plonked there, with no follow-up.

Does anyone know for sure if Yoda can throw Force-Lightning Balls ? Or is he just deflecting it or something in that photo ?

23. Quietforce

Quietforce Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 5, 2001
    I love Across the Stars.

I love the ImpMarch appearances spattered all over this soundtrack.

I love the action sequences.

I love the finale...

I love John Williams.

24. AcrossTheStarsBaby

AcrossTheStarsBaby Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 14, 2002
    Yeah, Same here :) :D :)

25. The_Cloaked_One

Feb 27, 2002
    So where did you guys get the MP3s?

Thread Status: