main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Brownies Thread:(okay, it's the Official Willow Thread)

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by JediMasterKendo, Nov 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMasterKendo

JediMasterKendo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 2, 2000
    I'm going to unlock this and make this the Official Willow Thread.

2. DarthLowBudget

DarthLowBudget Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 17, 2004
    You know, I still haven't gotten around to seeing Willow. I probably should soon.

3. BobaFrank

BobaFrank Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 17, 2001
    Hell yeah I'm a fan. It's only in my top ten favorites of all-time. The greatest Fantasy movie ever along w/KRULL, next to the LOTR trilogy.

4. Vortigern99

Vortigern99 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2000
    Willow has always been dear to my heart, even if it is a bit sloppy and derivative, not to mention downright silly in places (shield-tobagoning, anyone?). Still, it manages to convince one of its other-worldliness; some of the fantasy elements are really cool (especially the evil Queen, who is a hoot of a mean ol' witch), Val Kilmer is lots of fun as the snarky anti-hero Madmartigan, and the movie's heart is clearly in the right place, what with all its Yodaesque admonitions to 'forget all you know'.

I conclude with the immortal words of Wm. Atherton (as that blond warrior whose name I forget): "Out of the way, peck!"

5. JediMasterKendo

Jun 2, 2000
    you sure that was THE William Atherton that played that soldier who raised his hand and said Out of the way peck.? Atherton has red hair and its short.

anywayz as I was watching Willow on DVD the other night I just noticed this one little humor which I never noticed over the years

Fin Raziel: I'll be a young and beautiful woman.
    Madmartigan: Concentrate, Willow.

6. Vortigern99

Vortigern99 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2000
    Ya know, as it turns out that's not Wm. Atherton at all! It's Gavan O'Herlihy as Airk. My bad. [face_blush]

7. Grand_Moff_Jawa

Grand_Moff_Jawa Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 31, 2001
    Willow is a great movie. Love it.

8. JediMasterKendo

Jun 2, 2000
    Anyone wish there was a new 2 Disc Collector's Edition DVD of Willow? I would love to see the 2nd disc full of new material like stuff on the Shadow books that take place after Willow, like detailed text synopsis for the 3 books. The regular DVD for Willow didnt have much just mostly the original trailers and an old behind the scenes stuff on the transformations on Raziel

9. anakinandpadmedoomed

anakinandpadmedoomed Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2007
    I love Willow..it still is a movie that i like to view often.

10. battlewars

battlewars Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 5, 2005
    Willow was good when compared to Krull, but after LOTR it looks rather chintzy.

11. JediMasterKendo

Jun 2, 2000
    Is it just me or that Clint Howard was one of those castle trolls? ususally Ron has Clint star in cameos and stuff

12. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    I'm still a fan of Willow..

13. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    That wouldn't surprise me. Ron Howard has a thing for putting his family in his movies. Hell, both his brother AND his mother were in Apollo 13.

14. Thrawn1786

Thrawn1786 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 8, 2004
    I've never seen it...but oddly enough, when I was a child, my parents bought a ton of the coloring books at a booksale. They're probably still in my house somewhere...

15. JohnWesleyDowney

JohnWesleyDowney Jedi Master star 5

Jan 27, 2004
    His mother and father were both actors before Ron was born. His father Rance Howard has been in NUMEROUS films, including Mars Attacks! and ED WOOD, two Tim Burton films. Rance also was in Apollo 13.

16. OBIWANARNO

OBIWANARNO Jedi Master star 1

Dec 8, 2003
    I was never a huge fan of Willow. It had a good story by Lucas but the screenplay was not good enough. I thought Davies was boring and not strong enough to be the leading character (or was Val Kilmer or Joanne Whalley meant to be the main character?) and I thought it was badly directed.

But then again I haven't seen it in over 20 years. Maybe I will view it differently if I see it again. Maybe I only thought it to be poor in comparison to the original SW films.

17. GreenLantern_Jedi

GreenLantern_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2007
    Yeah, it's a great movie. The FX still stand out & the film has a very unique look.

Sadly, it has yet to get the DVD release it deserves.

18. malducin

malducin Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 2001
    I love Willow, probably the last of the classic fantasy films of the 80s. Wish more of those were done nowadays.

19. EvilFishy

EvilFishy Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 21, 2008
    Willow will always have a place on my shelf. It's a classic, great movie. Plus, it's one of the few flicks that I can stand Val Kilmer in.

20. Phantom_Menace

Phantom_Menace Jedi Youngling

Apr 29, 2007
    Love this film. Just recenlty watched for the 30th time or so and bought the soundtrack. Keep the Willow love coming! If only there could be a sequel!

21. BobaFrank

BobaFrank Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 17, 2001
    I started a thread a while back where there had been speculation that Lucas was going to do a tv series based on the characters from Willow. I tried to read the books. Didn't like them. The movie will always be one of my favorites though.

22. WormieSaber

WormieSaber Jedi Master star 5

Oct 22, 2000
    It's a good film. Got it on laserdisc.

23. Sith_Lord_Linkoping

Sith_Lord_Linkoping Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 19, 2001
    Willow is a wonderful film that I really like. It is as good today as it was when i saw it for the first time.

24. DookuIsTyranus

DookuIsTyranus Jedi Master star 2

Jan 27, 2001
    The 20th anniversary of this movie has just rolled around. Happy 20th, Willow!!

25. SkottASkywalker

SkottASkywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    Anyone here still fans of Willow the movie?

WILLOW is one of my very most favorite movies, ever. Great movie, great characters, great cast, great music, great fun. :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.