main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Celebration 2 Pictures Thread

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by Sebulba-X, May 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    Ok, a tad early, but I'm posting all my pictures for this week here. Probably won't get updated again until Monday, but if you have pics already, go ahead and post them here.

:D :D :D :D :D

2. Mrs_MayimNaar

Mrs_MayimNaar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 14, 2002
    UP!!!! Please post lots of pics! for those of us who couldn't make it :eek:(

3. Darth_Payback

Darth_Payback Jedi Master star 1

May 14, 2001
    I was sooo hoping to meet someone whose name I recognized at Celebration II. Ran into a lot of spoiler hounds from the force.net though. Overall, lines excluded, a great time! I took lots of pics, but I have no idea how to get them on here :_|

4. Periidot

Periidot Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 3, 2000
  5. SWN3RD

SWN3RD Jedi Youngling

Apr 4, 2002
    I'll post the rest of my pictures and hopefully some of the video footage by the end of the week.

[image=http://www.fototime.com/{60118BED-8414-4D28-851E-938C720A134A}/picture.JPG]

[image=http://www.fototime.com/{46A1B068-D9DE-49B9-8C24-255AE3A5C367}/picture.JPG]

Ok here are all of my pictures, enjoy:

SW C2 Pictures

6. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    EMAIL ME TO SEE MY C2 PICTURES

7. Bruno_Fett

Bruno_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    THANK YOU SOOOOOOO MUCH for posting the Lego Yoda!!!!! I got caught at the archives and then there was no way I was getting out of line for the final "Spectacular" showing of the weekend, I wanted so badly to see the Yoda all finished. Thank you for letting me get in one more thing this weekend, even if it is only virtually!!

S

8. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    I'll be uploading some of my pictures shortly.

9. Panjin

Panjin Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 17, 2002
    I started a photograph thread two days before this one, but mine was not "offical," I guess.

I posted pictures every night at: http://www.webwidget.org.

Anyone not having a place to post their pictures are welcome to e-mail me. I'll give you full credit, of course.

And those of you who asked for copies, contact me and I'll get them to you!

10. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    I'm not sure which calendar you're using, but this thread was started on May 1st, yours was started on May 4th. It's neither here nor there.

I should have the rest of my pictures up shortly.

11. Panjin

Panjin Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 17, 2002
    My apologies. I didn't see any photograph thread when I posted on Friday night, so I added mine.

12. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    No biggie whatsoever...oh, my pics are finally up. :D

13. Periidot

Periidot Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 3, 2000
  14. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
  15. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    My pics are over here

Only a few now, should be complete by weekend

16. GentleBant

GentleBant Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 21, 1999
    I'm slowly....(very, very slowly....) getting my pics uploaded. No captions or anything so far, and what I've got is pretty boring, but here they are:
    GentleBant's Pics

17. Punisher

Punisher Jedi Master star 4

Oct 20, 1998
    I'm curious, did anyone get any clear pictures of the Q&A's with the actors/crew on the main stage?

Every picture that I took that was in a main ballroom was EXTREMELY distorted (very blurred and ghosted with an extreme red/yellow color cast).
    The photos that I took in other areas (Archives, signing area, etc) were fine, but every picture taken in the main ballrooms upstairs and downstairs looked like crap!
    Was there something about the stage lights or the DLP setup that caused this?

I'm not a pro photographer ( but I have the basic skills down :) ), but I have taken photos under many different kinds of conditions and have never had this kind of thing occur.

If LFL and WOTC did do something to "distort" the photos (via lighting, etc.), then I wished I would have been warned because I spent $50 on photos and only have about $30 worth of good ones!

They should have just stated NO PHOTOS WHATSOEVER, then I wouldn't of wasted my money on something that never would develop!

Tech notes: I was using 400 (and a couple of 200 (accidently) and 800) speed film in my camera's night mode with no flash and a 70 to 300 mm zoom lens. I have about 4 acceptable photos, but the majority were useless.

18. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    Whoa, it's a conspiracy, Roswell style. The same thing happened to me. Almost every picture I took in the Sagamore Ballroom without a flash was blurred.

19. DEWGOD01

DEWGOD01 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2002
    You could just say those were force waves emmitting from the different people. No really I got the same on about 90% of the pictures I took with my digital camera in those rooms. The rest of them came out fine. I put some up but they have no captions or anything and I want to have it somewhat finished before I make it public. Anyone with a photography background explain this?

20. MOJEDI

MOJEDI Jedi Youngling

Jan 1, 2002
    My photos turned out lousy also. Here's a question. How about some post-celebration materials?

If the FanClub were to offer a book with some closeup shots of the stage for each event would you buy it? This could include some dialog also. Shots of the archives, as well as some fan photos.
    Would you buy it?

Would you like to bring Anthony Daniels home with you? If a dvd were offered showing some of the event highlights, would you buy it?

Does anybody else besides me want an 8x10 of that wonderful mass photo of the 501st?

Any demand for this? Wizards, are you listening? This could be an opportunity for you. Anybody want to volunteer to create a poll for this?

21. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    I would buy a dvd of the event

22. Carl-StarWarsFanOrg

Carl-StarWarsFanOrg Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 4, 2002
    A video/DVD documentary of the event WAS discussed early during the planning stages of C2. But it won't happen for several reasons, the biggest of which were legal "clearance" issues that LFL didn't want to have to deal with.

23. Mirax H

Mirax H TFN Costumes Staff star 3 VIP

Aug 16, 1999
    I got some great pics of the Empire Strikes Back and of Billy Dee Williams. I was 2nd row for empire and first for Billy. I also shot a touch of video with my Digital Camera. Most of my pics turned out fairly good in all the ballrooms but there were a lot that were also blurry because of the distance and trying to zoom. A lot of the costume contest were that way till hubby got right up to the stage at the end. My pics are up on my site now :)

24. Boskone_Kenobi

Boskone_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2002
    I have updated my Plo Koon pics with saber FX, and I would be happy to do that for anyone else. Lady Maul let me do her pics as well. Sabers, Force Lightning, anything you want, Im working on a video where the Count Dooku that showed up will blast Force lightning at a jedi or two.

Koon FX:::::Plo Koon by Barry

SW Costumes, including the WAMPA and Bender (as long as he wasnt a trekker, I thought Bender was welcome)::::::::
    Wampa, Bender, and Jedi baby

25. jedigal

jedigal Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2000
    Punisher, you didn't state what type of camera you were using. BUT, since you stated you were using a nice zoom lens I assume you were using a fairly nice quality SLR camera. I also assume you were NOT using a tripod.

Were you using an autoexposure mode on your camera? If so, does your camera indicate to you the exposure time of the shot before you take it? In my experience (as a purely amateur photography buff) any pics taken with exposures of 1/15 second or less are likely to blur if the camera is handheld. This is also something that happens quite a bit to folks with digital cameras. Many of them take a LONG time to capture their images, and it is pretty well known that no one stands still enough not to blur a picture on a long exposure.

I myself was using a Pentax SF1, one of the first of the autofocus cameras years back. I only have a 35-135 zoom. :( When I took pics in those dark rooms, if the exposures were coming out short, I stopped down the camera (underexposures can later be fixed easier than overexposures). I figure that if they come out at all, I'll get any reprints fixed by the photo lab.

I won't have any to show for a while yet. I sent my film off to a mail order firm, b/c I couldn't afford processing all of that film at the usual commercial price. I'll post a link as soon as possible when I get them back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.