main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So CO Official "Enterprise" Discussion

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Jyro-Kyrn, Sep 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jyro-Kyrn

Jyro-Kyrn Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 26, 2002
    Okay, I'm an avid follower of Enterprise. I like the fact that the rules don't exist yet and they are just doing what they feel like.

John Billingsly (Dr. Flox) at StarFest 2003 said that it was going to be a more "dangerous" season. This season is 26 episodes that are all part of one story. How "24"-like it will be I dont' know, but I can't wait.

Joleene Blalock (T'Paul) gets to let her hair grow and wear some different clothes.

Dominik Keating (Malcom Reed) is supposed to be at StarFest 2004. (Of course, so is Carrie Fisher!!!)

So let the discussion begin. Looking forward to kicking some Xindi rear ends!

2. Jyro-Kyrn

Nov 26, 2002
    Wow. Real fighting. That tactical team is awesome.

But the real scene was Joleene Blalock almost made it PG-13! One more centimeter of skin and they would have had to have a parental advisory.

Sure beat seeing Dr. Phlox nude last season!

That was one of the most awesome episodes to date!

3. MoD-Sith

MoD-Sith Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2003
  4. MoD-Sith

Aug 28, 2003
  5. MoD-Sith

Aug 28, 2003
  6. MoD-Sith

Aug 28, 2003
  7. MoD-Sith

Aug 28, 2003
  8. MoD-Sith

Aug 28, 2003
  9. MoD-Sith

Aug 28, 2003
  10. MoD-Sith

Aug 28, 2003
    member!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    That was an excellent show! I love the marines! [face_love] Very tactical, and IMHO, they're something that every Starship should have. [face_devil]

Very good show tonight. :D

12. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    :eek:

Definitely a good show tonight. Better than most episodes I'd caught on TV in the first 2 seasons. I might have to make this and Jake 2.0 a regular event on Wednesdays ;) Thanks for pointing it out to me Jared!

oh, by the way...T'POL TAKES HER SHIRT OFF!!!! :D [face_devil]

13. Jyro-Kyrn

Nov 26, 2002
    Episode #2

Ship gets robbed. They steal it back. The get the Xindi database.

They didn't pull any punches. They were going at it full blast.

But it didn't grab me as well as last weeks did. I think this was one of those "get to the next point" transistion shows.

14. MoD-Sith

Aug 28, 2003
    i have sattelite tv and i dont get upn damnit!!!!

15. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    I missed it tonight...when I finally got up, brian and kip dragged my sluggish butt out of the room and I didn't get back in time to see it. Heck, I don't think I even woke up in time...bleh.

16. Jyro-Kyrn

Nov 26, 2002
    Well, haven't updated this in a while. The new season has really been excellent. They've really let Joleen Blalock show her acting on the last episode.
    And Archer's character is really becoming black, almost consumed.
    Now if UPN would just stop putting so many commercials in! They only leave about 31 minutes after commercials and intro/credits to tell the story.

17. Jyro-Kyrn

Nov 26, 2002
    Tonight's episode was the best ST episode I've ever seen other than perhaps the one where Picard was Locutus. What was that? I Borg?

Anyway started and ended with a huge bang! Best stuff to date!

18. Na-gong

Na-gong Jedi Youngling

Mar 2, 2003
    I disagree. This episode had nearly nothing to do with the 'grand story arc' they were boasting about before this season began. There was nothing in it that couldn't have been done in _any_ of the other ST series with minor modifications. It didn't progress the story, and it was very predictable.

..and unfortunately, next week's looks like another rehash of the 'old west' shows from TNG, or even that episode from TOS where they run into Apollo from Greek mythology.

Pitiful.

19. Jyro-Kyrn

Nov 26, 2002
    Quite frankly, I didn't care that it didn't advance the story. It was it's own story. I liked it. I'm able to let go and enjoy watching an entertaining story.
    Jim, you are a much more demanding viewer than most. You want a higher standard, and that would be great. But sometimes you just gotta enjoy something for what it is. A short story.
    However, I don't think they could "advance the story" through all 26 episodes of the season. I don't think that the story is that big. The story is simply STOP THE XINDI FROM BUILDING AND USING THE BIG GUN. Too simple to carry the whole season. There isn't enough mystery baked in to the overall story to carry the whole season.

I do agree that next weeks episode is guaranteed to be a bomb. We've seen them do this story in TNG and don't need to see it again. It wasn't good then, it won't be good now.

20. Jyro-Kyrn

Nov 26, 2002
    Well, for a "Western" episode I thought it was pretty good. The cinematography was really good too. The story had heart and wasn't just a cheesy tribute to the old west.
    I'm shocked that I enjoyed it.

As a nod to Na-gong, it did nothing to advance the story. Why in the world would they stop to check this place out? Why not keep to the mission and get it done? Did't fit into the timeline well. If they had done this last season it would have been better.

21. Jyro-Kyrn

Nov 26, 2002
    Wow! That episode really had heart! I really enjoyed it. They really made the character likeable. It was like you had to kill Trip to get Trip. I even got a little teary eyed.

I don't care that it didn't advance the story. If you can write, act and photograph stories that well, you can just keep em coming!

22. Jyro-Kyrn

Nov 26, 2002
    Well, this week's episode didn't advance the story, but fit in with it. It was a "bump in the road" episode. I like the fact that for a time-travel based episode it didn't really deal with time-travel. It just dealt with the situation.

I thought it was gritty. It wasn't a difficult concept and was reflective of the times, which Trek always has been.

23. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    Tonight's episode was amazing!!! Archer is by far the best Captain of any series. Torture, vengeance, anger! All great traits for a Captain. [face_devil] Hehehe.

And when I saw the sphere, I had to say, "That's no moon. It's a space station." [face_devil] :D

24. Jyro-Kyrn

Nov 26, 2002
    Obi_Wann, that one was actually a rerun from very early this season. But it did show that Archer was willing to do whatever it takes to save Earth.

25. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    I must've missed it. Oh well, I thought it was one of the best ever. :) Go Archer!!! [face_devil]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.