main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Calgary *** OFFICIAL Episode III Premiere Planning Discussion Thread ***

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by veritate, Mar 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. veritate

veritate Jedi Master star 2

Oct 25, 2004
    Ryan,

I completely agree about the paying full price and getting reserved seating...

However, based on the person Haggis and I spoke with on Wednesday when we went to the theatre, I'm simply not holding my breath about any sort of privilages (not even reserved seating for the group).

Kent and I have encountered more and more cynicism towards "super fans" when it comes to vendors and this movie (we received a very snarky comment when enquiring at Toys R Us about being open at midnight for the big toy release, for example... the manager at the Chinook theatre was no different; extremely condescending and dismissive. Don't these people know who's putting bread on their tables?).

I'm not saying, "Abandon all hope," but at this rate, IF there is a midnight showing AND they sell us advanced tickets, I'll be thrilled, even if it means us having to wait in line and "fight" for seats - it only takes a few people to wait in the line while the others roam around, after all. We could just take shifts.

As for what the story is with "the distributor", who the heck knows what that is all about. When we talked to the customer service person at the theatre, he called the manager on the radio. All she could do was mumble something about "interest on the money"... what has that got to do with anything? Us paying in advance should mean MORE interest, should it not??? Anyway...

Let's just wait and see next Wednesday what the verdict is.

2. PreludeRM

PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta star 4

Oct 28, 2002
    Hmm. Maybe we should make a call to Sunridge?? cause if famous players is being stupid aboutht ewhole thing. maybe cinaplex would be more helpful.

3. veritate

Oct 25, 2004
    Well, the thing about Chinook is, that that's where the 501st will be. I really think it would be best to follow their lead.

4. PreludeRM

Oct 28, 2002
    True. But what kinda deal did the 501st get with Chinook?

5. DrHaggis

DrHaggis Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2004
    To clarify:

The people I talked with on the phone at Famous Players were friendly and supportive and are doing everything in their power to ensure that I can get tickets when the distributor makes them available. They understand that we have a large group of loyal fans that are eager to see the film.

I don't yet know what deals the 501 have gotten, as they are slow to answer emails.

6. Old_Republic

Old_Republic Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 21, 2005
    I can account for two tickets for sure and possibly one other, but I think I'll try and get him to just join the group.

7. DrHaggis

Sep 7, 2004
    I will only be getting tickets for those who have confirmed at the last meeting, as well as those people whom I have contacted personally. I don't quite feel comfortable with paying for advance tickets for those I have yet to meet. I don't want to get stuck with too many extra tickets. If I do have extras due to cancellations, I will let the board know.

Looking forward to meeting all the newcomers next Monday.

8. darth-paul-

darth-paul- Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 9, 2004
    Any New Yet On The Tickets???!!!???!!!

The suspence is killing me.

Darth Paul

9. BH-7113

BH-7113 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 20, 2005
    I am BH-7113 from the Badlands 501st Calgary...

We do not have the details from Chinook as of yet.
    They would like us all to be there and help out.
    They might be having a midnight showing on Wednesday the 17th. We will let you know their plans as soon as they have some info for us.
    Check www.badland.ca for more info.

Later
    Scot
    BH-7113
    APRO

10. DrHaggis

Sep 7, 2004
    The Canadian theatres have not yet released tickets for SWIII. Famous Players and Cineplex Odeon have not yet set a date as to when advance ticket sales will begin. Veritate and I will be making daily phone calls to the local managers to determine when we can get tickets.

Fear not, for that is the path to the dark side. We shall have our tickets.

11. veritate

Oct 25, 2004
    I just got off the phone with the manager at Chinook.

Again, he doesn't know when the tickets will go on sale for this movie. The first person I spoke with said they don't even know how many copies they'll be receiving.

I explained our situation to the manager and asked him if he would take my name and phone number, and inform us as soon as they know anything about the advance tickets, and, to my surprise, he said yes. So he has my number, and he will inform us A.S.A.P. about ticket sales.

Just a note that everyone we've spoken with says it may be another week or two before we know anything. Have patience, my very young padawans ( ;) ).

Also, a reminder on what DrHaggis said in regards to purchasing tickets for people on these boards:

Date Posted: 4/19 9:49pm

I will only be getting tickets for those who have confirmed at the last meeting, as well as those people whom I have contacted personally. I don't quite feel comfortable with paying for advance tickets for those I have yet to meet. I don't want to get stuck with too many extra tickets. If I do have extras due to cancellations, I will let the board know.

That being said, if we haven't met you, you have a chance to introduce yourself this Monday at the next group meeting! Go Here for information on that meeting.

So, the long of the short of it is, we don't know when advance tickets will happen, but as soon as the people at the theatre know, we'll know...

(And I'll call them back in a few days, just to be sure they haven't forgotten about us! ;) )

12. bburditt

bburditt Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 8, 2004
    Hey guys, I won't be able to attend any meetings for a while as I don't move to Calgary until May 2, but I would really like a group to go with on opening night.

If you can't get me a ticket than I understand, but if it makes it any better all I can tell you is that I won't cop out on you guys.

13. DrHaggis

Sep 7, 2004
    Crowfoot alone or Chinook with 501?

Crowfoot Crossing has advance sales for ROTS while Chinook still does not know. Do we have patience and wait for Famous Players to get their act together or do we jump? I need a good response from the core group before proceeding.

The current confirmed list is

Ryan - 2
    Paul - 4
    Vic - 1
    Yrol - 11 (rock on!)
    Justin - 1
    Kent - 12
    = 31

I will be getting 35 tickets for the group so there will be extras. If you are a newcommer and would like tickets you must attend a meeting to get tickets. No tickets will be given without cash.

Sorry for being a toughie but thats the way it goes. There will likely be more meetings between now and showtime so plan on attending ONE to meet the group and get a ticket.

14. bburditt

Mar 8, 2004
    Alright, so when is the next meeting after May 2? And, where do you meet?

15. DrHaggis

Sep 7, 2004
    Chinook will have the show, they just don't have their info yet. We shall be patient and wait for Famous Players to get it together.

Further meeting details will be worked out at the next meeting. (We sound so bureaucratic now)

If no official meeting is planned I will make myself available sometime between the 25th of April and the 18th of May to meet-up with newcommers and distribute any extra tickets.

16. PreludeRM

Oct 28, 2002
    Sunridge just started selling tickets as well about 4pm.

Chinook better get in gear and get us an answer soon.

17. bburditt

Mar 8, 2004
    OK Haggis, just be sure to have one ready for me... I'll even take you out to lunch over it.

18. echosevin

echosevin Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Ugh!! It's killing me that Sunridge has tickets on sale and we're still no where with Chinook. As I stated earlier, normally I prefer Sunridge, but I really want to watch it with you guys - a real group of fans! So I guess we wait..... although I think I'm going to get tickets for the 7am show at Sundridge in the morning too!!

19. DrHaggis

Sep 7, 2004
    Since the 501st will be at Chinook, I think our presence there will have the most impact. The more costumed people in one place the better.

I'm worried that people are going to start bailing out on the group and I'm going to be stuck having to move a pile of tickets.

So Don't Panic, you must be calm and at peace to learn the ways of dealing with theatres.

20. Old_Republic

Old_Republic Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 21, 2005
    Do I understand that you have tickets onhand? I'll bring $ either way. I didn't go to the midnight screening of EP2 but the midnight TPM was great fun.

21. echosevin

echosevin Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Having the 501st at the event is a really big selling feature for alot of my friends - so none of them are intending to bail. As a matter of fact, we may need more tickets...??!! But at tomorrows meeting, I will bring you $$ for all that we need. Has anyone from the 501st confirmed their attendance? I don't want to be bragging about them and have them not show....

Seems there is a misprint on the Cineplex site -no 7 am show :eek:( It's 7 pm on the 19th.

22. PreludeRM

Oct 28, 2002
    I was talking to the 501st at Northland mall on the weekend. They are going to be there. The manager actually called them and asked then to be there. I don't think they are there to watch the movie but to just have there promoting it.

Had a great time talking with them about future stuff, as well that we, with costumes might be able to help them out with both groups attending functions. But more on that later.

Ryan

23. BH-7113

BH-7113 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 20, 2005
    We, the 501st will be at Chinook...
    See if you can get your tickets online at www.movietickets.com I checked it out already.

Nice to meet all of you who came to Northland Mall on Saturday.
    Later
    Scot
    BH-7113
    Badlands

24. PreludeRM

Oct 28, 2002
    Checked that site out. Its showing you can buy tickets. but it has no show times listed for any movie that far ahead. So you can't actually buy anything there.

25. darth-paul-

darth-paul- Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 9, 2004
    MAY 6th is when tickets go on sale for Famous players. Check this link.

Darth Paul

http://www.theforce.net/episode3/story/Canadian_EP3_Tickets_at_Famous_Players_91651.asp

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.