main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*OFFICIAL* Hyperspace discussion thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by stinrab, Jun 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Yeah, that was great. Glad it came out AFTER the release of the movie, otherwise I would have been very ticked off.

Ian is the man!

It's weird how quickly I got used to his "transformation" makeup - at first I thought it didn't look like the Emperor, but as soon as he put the hood up, Bam!

Interesting when they talk about the challenges of the office duel.

2. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    There was one shot from the side of them dueling their way from the side office to the main office, they struck a number of blows with their sabers. Nothing fancy, just striking and parrying. Was that in the movie? I didn't like the close-ups, would have liked a further back feel. That raw shot looked pretty good to me, but don't recall seeing it in the finished film.

3. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    I agree - I'm pretty sure that was changed.

Did you see they also originally had Palps say "once more the Sith will rule the galaxy!" with the hood down?

I like it waaaaay better with the hood up - totally ROTJ Emperor!

4. leelee

leelee Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 4, 2003
    Oh I know!!! I was totally thinking the same thing. There were a couple moments in ROTS where it was almost like I was watching ROTJ

5. stormcloud8

May 24, 2002
    Make sure to check out the Rick McCallum web chat from 6/3, he discusses many of the same issues we've been discussing in here about ROTS and the Saga.

6. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    And he confirms (at least, his belief) that Palpatine was hiding his true appearance, it just took the lightning to bring it out.

7. Steve1977

Steve1977 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2000
    Does anyone have a direct link to that Rick McCallum webcast? My computer doesent like that forum for some reason

8. leelee

leelee Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 4, 2003
    Does this work?

http://forums.starwars.com/thread.jspa?threadID=224485&tstart=0

9. stormcloud8

May 24, 2002
    There appear to be a number of new things on Hyperspace:

Galactic Gallery: artwork from the saga

Sith Snapshots: cool finished shots from the film

Also a new book coming out, Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader, which takes place after ROTS. It is by James Luceno, who wrote Labyrinth of Evil. I really enjoyed that book a lot, even read it twice, so I'm excited about this book.

10. stormcloud8

May 24, 2002
    I was looking for a new BTH the other day, and I realized that they are done. Then it dawned on my simple mind how they ended...the last BTH was Vader's helmet lowering onto his head...how appropriate that 'Before The Helmet' actually ends when the helmet is lowered. A nice way to tie it up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.