main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

O.C, CA **Official OC Fan Force Costuming help and advice thread.**

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by SRB_Jedi_Knight, Aug 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darth_avery

darth_avery Jedi Youngling star 3

May 22, 2002
    i think this is just the coolest thing. Nostradamus makes SW costumes for her kids. i wish my mom was that cool!

2. SRB_Jedi_Knight

SRB_Jedi_Knight Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    Droideka27 checkout Azeem's advice on the previous page. Its a great idea that should work. Or go check out the thread in the Costuming & Props on the JC they have a thread on the battler outfit and specifically talk on the armbands that might help out as well.

Thanks for the help AZEEM!

3. pivy

pivy Jedi Youngling star 1

May 12, 2002
    Hello,
    I just found this thread, I'm in Long Beach and I've been hooking up with the LA Fan Force but I'm really into costuming and see you guys seem really into it so I hope y'all don't mind if I hang out in here a bit! :)
    Right now I'm working on Zam Wessell; hope to finish for the Imax premiere...

Oh yeah, I noticed someone mentioning dyeing fabric black--I don't recommend it. Black is by far the hardest color to dye (it's very hard to make it come out true black as oppsed to off-black or grey) and if you plan on dyeing black, *don't* use Rit (what you'd buy at Ralph's, Michael's, etc.), use Procion (you can get it at Art Supply Warehouse on Westminster or online from Dharma Trading Company). My $0.02, just wanted to post that before anyone attempted it and was disappointed. :)

Hope to talk to y'all soon.

--Ivy

4. Azeem

Azeem TFN Staff, Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 12, 1999
    Pivy,

you'll want to talk to Kim Knight of 501st SC Garrison.

[image=http://www.tk861.com/aotc/crw_0154_1.jpg]

5. darth_avery

May 22, 2002
    omg! i wanna join the 501st so much....but i have to wait til i get my drivers lisence...boooo hoooo!

6. zhi-don_aquintas

zhi-don_aquintas Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 17, 2002
    hi guys;

weekend update. after working saturday. boo-hoo, i worked on building my first[toy sabers dont count] lightsaber. using ideas from light sabers from the yellow box site away i went. you know you can spend quite a bit of money if you dont have the right tools. i DO now! light saber is about 3/4 done. looks pretty good. painting more food caps just in case someone might need to borrow some. next item to build - comlink.
    more updates this weekend.

MTFBWY,

zhi-don

7. zhi-don_aquintas

Jul 17, 2002
    hi guys;

for prop and equipment help or questions, go to the offical OC fan force prop and equipment help thread.

MTFBWY,

zhi-don

8. droideka27

droideka27 Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2002
    Yaaaaay! My blaster and holster blet arrived in the mail today!

The gun is really cute! and shiny! But it makes the most annoying sound for it's firing. oh, well.

As for the belt, it's all rubber so what I've devided to do is cut off the hoslter and the pouched and sew them onto my own blet I am making so that it will look better. I went to Jo-ann's today to get the stuff I needed, and while i was there i decided to make my own shin armor! We'll see how that goes. i just know I won't be able to find remotely authentic looking shin gaurds.... i've tried. Oh,well.

:) :) :) :) :)

9. SRB_Jedi_Knight

May 25, 2002
    Great job Droideka27 sounds like it really coming together.

10. SRB_Jedi_Knight

May 25, 2002
    Well the final fitting was tonight for my costume, and it turned out great! My wife has done an absolutely awesome job. The only things left now are the hems on the sleeves and the bottom of the outer robe. It felt really comfortable wearing it also which I was kinda worried about but its better than I could have hoped for! Now I'm ready for the Invasion!

11. LordJedi

LordJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 15, 2001
    Has anyone thought of dressing up as something totally off the wall? Like maybe a TIE Fighter? I saw the picture of the girl dress as a Death Star, that's where I got the idea. Sounds like it'd be kinda cool and fun.

12. Kyps-dozen

Kyps-dozen Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 31, 2002
    no, but my friend is dressing up as a pumpkin but he looks remarkable like an orange and i wanted to take a sharpie to it and write OCFF!

13. darth_avery

May 22, 2002
    you have friends?

14. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
  15. SRB_Jedi_Knight

May 25, 2002
    OUCH! didn't see that one coming did we?

LOL!

16. darth_avery

May 22, 2002
    he he he . . . .

17. SRB_Jedi_Knight

May 25, 2002
    Ok. I need some help with my next costume. I looking at making a black detention block imperial officers uniform, and here is what I need.

Pattern help. I need help finding a pattern for this or info and resources on the web.

fabric help. What fabric would be good for this, what should I be looking for.

holster and belt help.

Okay you guys help me outr on this will you?

18. SRB_Jedi_Knight

May 25, 2002
    For those of you interested in an x-wing pilots costume. Go to the Rebel Legion website and check out one of the threads mookie has started on this. The detail he is providing is awesome.

19. darth_avery

May 22, 2002
    i would really love it if we could display our costumes at Comic Con. i'm planning on bringing my padme costume that i wore for halloween and i'm going to make a jedi costume, and, if i have the time, a rebel pilot costume. If you have costume i would encourage you to bring it ( you don't have to wear it. the convention center gets really hot really fast. i was there just last weekend for a christian teens convention.)

if you need help thinking of a costume (simple or hard) or if you need tips on sewing you know who to come to......if all else fails, use hot glue!

20. darth_avery

May 22, 2002
    i know this isn't star wars but does anyone know where to get or how to make a good Legolas costume?

21. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    http://www.alleycatscratch.com/lotr/

Ask and ye shall receive.

Yes, I spend WAY to much time scouring websites for all things LOTR and SW related. If I actually worked, while at work, I would get a lot more done. Shh, don't tell anybody :p

22. zhi-don_aquintas

Jul 17, 2002
    hey DA;

i may be out line here, but i didnt spend so much time on my costume not to wear it. of course if had more than one, i would display what i didnt wear. i would however wear them all before the convention was done. yes, i know costumes are hot [if you make them that way or depending on the kind of costume], but i made mine to be warm in cold weather and cool in hot weather. i would much rather take a pic of someone in a costume than that of the costume itself. opinionated arent i?
    lol...well to each his own. happy holidays

23. BIOHAZARD

BIOHAZARD Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 6, 2002
  24. SRB_Jedi_Knight

May 25, 2002
    Ok now that we are into the new year. Who has a costuming project this year?

25. BobaFett-MP

BobaFett-MP Jedi Master star 4

May 13, 2001
    I REALLY want to get a good Fett costume going. It costs $300+ to get a vaccum formed (uncut and unpainted!) Armor and Gauntlet set last I checked! (Few days ago). That's rediculous! It costs $50 for the Shin Tools alone! So far, I've got my custom helmet that I'm working on, and the startings of a wood Jetpack, but I'd like to see if anyone on this board may have an ideas....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.