main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Bloom, IN OFFICIAL Star Wars Video Game discussion thread

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Krash, Nov 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Update
    I have been playing the CONQUEST mode of the game .Its manly the events of ROTS.This game is 100% better then the first BF let me tell ya. Some of the levels are down right HARD!
    It seems to be at this point 80% mission and 20% capture the flag. In the INSTINT ACTION its even beter,Fighting on Dagabough is a trip and the space battles are fun and hard at the same time. I'm playing the X-Box version If you have played it on a different system Let us know it is.

E-

2. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    I wanted to describe one level for you that is qite good.

Time: 1 year after EpIII
    The 501 trooper's ( In Ep 4 gear ) are sent to Kameno to destroy a rouge group of Clone trooper's ( Ep 2 )The 501 are led by a "Young " Bounty Hunter named Boba Fett.The "Play" of Boba is unlike anything from BF 1.
    You have to among other things destroy a DNA machine & stop Ep 2 Clone troopers. This game is amazing me more and more level by level on how dang good it is.

Over all

**** 1/2 OUT OF ***** star's

3. Darth_Venome

Darth_Venome Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2005
    I agree that this game is what I have been waiting for! The game play is fantastic, and I can't pull myself away, much to my wife's chagrin.

Great news for fans of collecting and "Republic Commando," Hasbro is releasing a Republic Commando figure this year, and it looks sweet! Check it out here:
    http://www.hasbro.com/starwars/pl/newsID.6B6224CA-D56F-E112-430F7DE3074E8138/page.news/dn/default.cfm

4. commander_cody_fan

commander_cody_fan Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2005
    I've recently been playing the psp version of Battlefront II.
    It is awesome! It's not as big as the consoles;however it is one of the best games for psp.

5. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    Just found somthing cool. In the instint action part of the game you can play as a Wompa in the Hoth wolrd.

6. commander_cody_fan

May 22, 2005
    I've been playing hunt on hoth more than anything else, it's really fun to kill the wampas as a rebel smuggler.

7. darth_tristar

darth_tristar Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 28, 2005
    I just got done playing Knights 2, and I finished it on the light side. I must say, this is the side that this game was meant to be played on. I am always a big fan of playing as the dark side (usually much more fun), but I found on this game that the light side ending was much more fulfilling and a better set-up for a 3rd game. I have not heard much on a 3rd game yet, but there deffinately needs to be one to tie in both of these. I believe that Raven and the Exile must be back in the new one. I would also like to see some action on Courascant. Any thoughts on this are very welcome.

8. commander_cody_fan

May 22, 2005
    I definately need to get an x-box.
    I've heard so many good things about the KOTOR series. Oh well, maybe next-gen.

9. darth_tristar

Oct 28, 2005
    In a KOTOR 3, I would really like to see alot more customization of your character. Being able to better customize the body to either human or some of the different alien species would be awesome. I would also like to be able to customize my robes and armor better. It would be really cool to make them your own by personalized touches (kinda like how vader's armor was his own, and everyone else had their own look.) I would also like to be able to customize the look of the lightsaber hilt more. As for content, I think that the combat system is unique and works just fine. I hope the story is better and ties in all of the loose ends created by the first and second games. I was thinking, your character starts of as either Revan or the Exile or something that can lead you to the True Sith. Would also be cool to get some more story on Bastila.

10. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    I talked with a member of the team that had Battlefronts II at Celebration III
    And I was asking him questions about the 360 and he said that Battlefronts III will be on the 360 and he was pretty sure that KOTOR III will be on the 360. I hope so. I FREAK'N LOVE
    the series ,although I PRAY they make a better ending for III then they did with II.

11. darth_tristar

Oct 28, 2005
    I thought the ending for the light side of II was better than the dark side. I didn't like the ending that well, but it kinda seemed like the ending of a middle game. It deffinately set up a 3rd game. I really hope they make a 3rd, this is one of the best Star Wars series and one of the best game series ever!

12. Darth_Venome

Darth_Venome Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2005
    I am currently finishing KOTOR II as the Dark Side. I was sort of startled when I finished it playing the light side. I did not expect it to end so abruptly, and with ittle fanfare. Well I guess it just leaves me wanting more from KOTOR III.

Does any one know if there are plans to make a sequel to Republic Commando?

13. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002

Now at more than 4 million copies sold across all four available platforms (PlayStation 2, Xbox, PlayStation Portable and PC), Star Wars Battlefront II was the No. 2 best-selling videogame of 2005, according to NPD Funworld. It?s also ? in less than three months of availability ? the new best-selling Star Wars game of all time. On Tuesday, January 31, LucasArts releases a large dose of premium content for owners of the Xbox version, downloadable via Xbox Live.

For only $4.99, Xbox players who purchase Battlefront II?s downloadable premium content gain two new playable hero characters (Jedi Kit Fisto and the evil Asajj Ventress) as well as four of their favorite maps from the original Star Wars Battlefront. Each of the downloadable maps ? including Yavin 4 (Arena), Bespin (Cloud City) and two on icy Rhen Var (Harbor and Citadel) ? boasts bonus modes of Conquest, Capture-the-Flag and Assault (a good-versus-evil hero free-for-all that includes the new characters and other heroes already in the game in one Force-ful battle royale). Assault modes have also been added to the preexisting maps on Coruscant, Mygeeto and Naboo, and Rhen Var?s Harbor map includes an additional Hunt mode featuring wampa ice creatures.

14. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    Star Wars Lego: The video game 2 comes out this fall.
    It will be for all platforms and you will play the OT this time.
    I can wait !
    Ill post more info when I see it.

E-

15. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    Just got a e-mail from Lucas Arts.........
    Star Wars: Episode III Video Game and Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II have gone "greatest hits". If you're missing one of these titles from your game library, head out to a participating retailer this President's Day weekend to take advantage of special price reductions for these LucasArts hits!
    Now , IMO EpIII video games is only a rental but at $2o.00 credits,Its worth a buy. An KOTOR 2 is a must have! Remember that Knights is only for PC & XBox.

16. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    Here is a link to the new Lego II video game
    http://www.starwars.com/gaming/videogames/news/lego2trailer.html

17. darth_tristar

Oct 28, 2005
    I just got my xbox360 last week and started playing KOTOR again. I had forgotten how much I love that game! I was disappointed with LucasArts E3 game release info. There was no KOTOR 3, no Republic Commando 2 and no Battlefront 3. I really hope they make KOTOR 3. Too many questions left unanswered at the end of the first and second games.

18. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    Ok gammers . The SW game you have been waiting for is coming..
    I almost soiled myself watching the trailer for this.
    Star Wars : Farce Unleashed PS3 ( for now )
    http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/823/823668/vids_1.html

19. Bodknocks_

Bodknocks_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 4, 2004
  20. darth_tristar

Oct 28, 2005
    I have been playing through Jedi Knight 3: Jedi Academy recently and I must say I had forgotten how awesome this game is. The new Force Unleashed game looks like it will be everything that game was but to the max! It looks like it will be for 360 and PS3.

21. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    Hey all Star Wars Lego II will be out in less then 2 weeks!
    This looks to be a fun game as well.

22. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    Well I finally got a X-Box 360 a few days ago.It is sweeeeeet.
    I so hope that upcoming SW game is on it [face_praying]

23. darth_tristar

Oct 28, 2005
    Well over the Thanksgiving holiday, I picked up Empire at War for the PC. I am not typically a PC gamer and prefer consoles, but this game is absolutely amazing! The level of detail and control you get is fantastic and the planets and units are sweet too. If anyone else is playing this, I would love to chat with you about this game.

24. HoosierTrooper

HoosierTrooper Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 1, 2006
    I meant to bring my Empire at War home for the break but forgot it! I guess I will just have to play KOTOR again or something.

Let me know when you get Forces of Corruption. We can set up some 1 on 1 games online when I get back in January. :)

25. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    Wanna build your favorite fat Jolly guy in the red suite on SW lego II?
    Here is a code to play as Santa.

But what would have happened if jolly ol? Saint Nick had stuck around to assist the Rebellion? Find out by creating him in LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy. Here?s how:

Step 1: At the Mos Eisley Cantina, enter the following two codes:

CL4U5H (for Santa hat and red clothes)

TYH319 (for white beard Extra)

Step 2: Go to the Character Customizer and create the proper costume. Use a human head, the appropriate red clothing...and don't forget the red cap! Santa can wield the weapon of your choice -- we recommend the green or red lightsaber to seasonally complement his shiny red duds. (Remember, the color of his lightsaber decides whether his Force powers are naughty or nice.)

Step 3: In the Extras menu, activate Disguise 3.

Step 4: Enter the character-based level of your choice in Free Play.

Step 5: Spread holiday cheer to a galaxy in pieces.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.