main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Divia

Divia Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 8, 2005
    To be honest when I heard 3D animation I was a little worried. Imagines of clunky cartoon characters came to mind, or that horrid Spiderman toon they tried to push on MTv not too long ago. But this is amazing. And I agree it could very well change the way we(Americans) look at toons in this country. And I am all for that!!

2. FloridaFilmGuy

FloridaFilmGuy Jedi Grand Master star 2

May 1, 2000
    Am I the only one, who is absolutly not interested in Clone Wars anymore.... we now the end already, the gap between II and III is not one I care to be filled in on.... give me the gap between 3 and 4.

The Clone Wars....? Nah, I'll pass.

Oversaturation.

3. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002

That's what the live-action show is for.

4. RevantheJediMaster

RevantheJediMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2005
    I think Lucas wants to make the Clone Wars 3D Animated Series more mainstream this time, make it appeal to a larger audience. How many non-Star Wars fans and casual Star Wars fans do you think actually saw, played, or read anything on the Clone Wars I don't think that many maybe some did once or a few times. I would also like the 3D Animation to be used in a different era in Star Wars history but probably if the Clone Wars 3D Animated Series is successful they'll continue to make Star Wars 3D Animated Series and set them in different eras. Divia said to put it on a non-cable channel like Fox, WB, etc. and I agree it would help in making the Clone Wars 3D Animated Series more mainstream and probably help in bringing in way better ratings and publicity than the previous Clone Wars Animated Mini-Series. It's not like the non-cable channel would be making the Clone Wars 3D Animated Series Lucasfilms new division Lucas Animation would be doing that. The fact that the Clone Wars 3D Animated Series is going to have full length 30 minute episodes will help also. If the Clone Wars 3D Animated Series was put on a cable channel like Cartoon Network or the Sci Fi Channel that would be fine with me it just wouldn't be as mainstream and probably would not get as good as ratings and publicity. Lucas probably feels comfortable with the Clone Wars and wants to test the 3D Animation on it because he has a lot of stories to work with and a lot of new ones he can create since the Clone Wars was a three year war. I think the Clone Wars 3D Animated Series will change the way America looks at 3D Animation and Animation in general. Lucas probably has a good reason for going back to the Clone Wars. In Fall 2007 we'll get to see the Clone Wars 3D Animated Series for the first time.

CoolyFett likes this.
  5. Divia

Divia Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 8, 2005
    If I get to see Aayla Secura in action again I'm all for another Clone Wars TV show. Plus I think they could really add to the characters.

To be perfectly honest with ya the 10 min CW toon did nothing for me.I couldnt watch it cause it was to short and didnt draw my attention in. I need a 1/2 hour show. Plus I hated the animation. Not a fan of it and cringed when I watched it.

CoolyFett likes this.
  6. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    I thought the original Clone Wars Animated Mini-Series on Cartoon Network was great and Vol.2 has just gotten an Emmy Nomination for the second year in a row and last year Vol.1 was nominated for an Emmy and won but as you said the episodes weren't long enough even though I still think the original Clone Wars Animated Mini-Series was great. The fact that the new Clone Wars 3D Animated Series is going to have full length 30 minute episodes will help in its success.

7. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I can't wait for the new series, becuase I just read that the live-action tv series won't be out until sometime in 2008. It's a rumor, but a good one. Also, with Lucasfilm just moving to the new facility and the Indiana flick and the Red something movie that GL is is doing. It seams very sensible that the live action is coming out in 2008. We thought the clone wars cartoons were coming out next year, and now they are coming out in the fall of 2007.

I really liked the clone wars cartoon series that came out, my only complaint was that it was way to short, but you know what. Compared to the previous outings with the Ewoks and Droids cartoons that were 30 minutes in length, the clone wars were great. What? Two Emmy nominations and one emmy victory in the can, plus and annie nomination? The older series ran longer and did horrrible.

The choice of era for the animation does baffle me a bit, but in reality it was the best choice. What era could they really show massive space ships battling each other, big land battles, jedi in action? Not the Galactic Civil War era, the rebels didn't achieve there fist victory until very close to ANH. GL hasn't really showed any interest in pursuing live action or animation after ROTJ. All his stuff so far are between Episode 1-6. This even includes the Ewok movies.

Though the 3-D animation will be cool, no doubt. The truth is when you already tally everything that has occurred in the clone wars, I'd have to agree with what someone posted. The clone wars stands as being the era to be oversaturated.

Compared to other eras, the clone wars are covered in both Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith (begining and end), they have numerous novels to include the Boba Fett books, a heck of alot of comic books, several video games, several short stories in the Star Wars Insider with those Holonet news bulletins, the cartoon series, plu smore cartoons coming out in the future. Oh well, the more the better I guess.[face_dancing]

8. clone_commander1

clone_commander1 Jedi Master star 1

Dec 30, 2004
    Most of the people who have grown up with the OT think the exact same way.
    But when a friend of mine saw Episode III, he said to me: "Where is the rest of the Clone Wars? I thought the movie started where Episode II ended." He also saw the OT, but he didnt grow up with it. So I guess the fanbase "under 25", as George put it, is more interested in the gap between II and III than between III and IV.

CoolyFett likes this.
  9. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    I don't think that many casual Star Wars Fans or non Star Wars Fans read, watched, or played anything on the Clone Wars. The original Clone Wars Animated Mini-Series didn't get that much publicity and the episodes in the first volume were only 3 minutes and the episodes in the second volume were 12 minutes. The fact that the Clone Wars 3D Animated Series is going to have full length 30 minute episodes will help. I think the Clone Wars 3D Animated Series will be more mainstream and get way better ratings than the original Clone Wars Animated Mini-Series.

CoolyFett likes this.
  10. clone_commander1

clone_commander1 Jedi Master star 1

Dec 30, 2004
    I agree.

CoolyFett likes this.
  11. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    Thanks I'm glad you agree.

CoolyFett likes this.
  12. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    This thread was formerly known as the Clone Wars 3D Animated Series slated for release Fall 2007!!! thread.

13. Blackout

Blackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2000
    ...yup.

{||||| ?||} -----------------------------

14. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    I think the Clone Wars 3D Animated Series is going to look, sound, and be fantastic. How do you guys think the upcoming Clone Wars 3D Animated Series is going to be and what do you guys think about it as of now?

CoolyFett likes this.
  15. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    I can't wait till Fall 2007 when the Clone Wars 3D Animated Series is going to be released!

CoolyFett likes this.
  16. Yodas-evil-twin

Yodas-evil-twin Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 3, 2005
    Saw the Advent Child trailers, and all I have to say is ******* awesome. If clone wars looks anything like this, then it will rule.

17. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    I know it would rock!

18. Ben R

Ben R Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 26, 2000

Am I the only one, who is absolutly not interested in Clone Wars anymore.... we now the end already, the gap between II and III is not one I care to be filled in on.... give me the gap between 3 and 4.

The Clone Wars....? Nah, I'll pass.

Oversaturation.

=D= =D= =D=

I came to this board just now with the SPECIFIC purpose of making the same point. I found this thread, and there you were to say it FOR me. i couldn't agree more!

19. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    The upcoming Star Wars Live Action TV Series is going to fill the gap in between ROTS and ANH. I don't think that many casual Star Wars Fans or non Star Wars Fans read, watched, or played anything on the Clone Wars. The original Clone Wars Animated Mini-Series didn't get that much publicity and the episodes in the first volume were only 3 minutes and the episodes in the second volume were 12 minutes. The fact that the Clone Wars 3D Animated Series is going to have full length 30 minute episodes will help. I think the Clone Wars 3D Animated Series will be more mainstream and get way better ratings than the original Clone Wars Animated Mini-Series.

20. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    The Clone Wars are the height of the Jedi, and the birth of the Empire. It is a shame that it only received EU treatment, instead of playing a major role in the films. So I'm happy to have the TV show about it. I loved the Clone Wars cartoons, and I look forward to more of it.

Regarding the show being 3D Animated...well ROTS was pretty much the same thing. The sets were in large part digital, many of the characters were 100% digital, and even the main characters were often swapped with digital doubles.

So really we've already seen 3D Animated Star Wars, this is just the small screen version of it.

CoolyFett likes this.
  21. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    No it's going to look different than the digital used in ROTS.

CoolyFett likes this.
  22. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    I think the Clone Wars 3D Animated Series is going to be really good.

CoolyFett likes this.
  23. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I think the Clone Wars 3D Animated Series is going to be really good.

It had better be. Or else I'm sueing. Yeah that's right... I'll sue George Lucas for... uh... giving me unjustified delusions of granduer for the show.

24. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    I think it would be good because the regular Clone Wars is good so why wouldn't it in 3-D be good.

25. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    There is also probably many more stories to tell, new characters to learn about, and old characters to learn more about. It will probably also go in more depth about battles, charcters, etc. After all the Clone Wars was a three year war and the episodes for the Clone Wars 3D Animated Series are going to be full length 30 minute episodes instead of 3 or 12 minutes like in the original Clone Wars Animated Micro-Series.

CoolyFett likes this.