main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    I dunno, Quest - this could be exactly like Rick McCallum's statements that turned out to be mostly or completely incorrect.

They do have 3 years with which to work, I highly doubt they'll just focus on the last 6 months (when exactly was Anakin made a Knight again?) of the Clone Wars.

I would assume that, with Lucas getting involved in the animated series, that the live action TV series will be pushed back even later.

I also wonder if Lucas is going to have an "agenda" with these episodes; how much input does he have into plot and character development?

I also wouldn't worry too much about the CG animation - the new TMNT trailer looks fantastic, and I believe it's CG.

2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    >>(when exactly was Anakin made a Knight again?) of the Clone Wars.<<

30 ABG, so, yeah, that would give them 6 months to play (though, given how packed 30-32 and 35-36 are, the most freedom they'd have would be 32-35, so more like 3 months, during the Outer Rim Sieges prior to the siege of Cato Neimoidia.

3. arbed

arbed Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 24, 2004
    Can someone please post a link to Clone Wars pics from the series? Thanks much.

4. JediStarKiller2

JediStarKiller2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 5, 2006
    The first clone wars series?...or the new animated one?

If it's the first then here:

http://www.zewebanim.com/clonewars.htm

http://animatedtv.about.com/library/extra/blclonegallery.htm

5. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Those are old, sadly.

Y'know, I just realized something. There's a thread in the Gaming section for the next KOTOR III. It's 160-something pages right now. And here's a thread for the next TV show.

Now, the TV show is by George Lucas (or at least in part). KOTOR 3 isn't. The TV show is a little over a year away. KOTOR 3 isn't. The TV show will have characters from the movies that have been around for years. KOTOR 3 won't. The TV show will be have many episodes, and will have state-of-the-art animation. KOTOR 3 will have the animation, but most of our compys can't handle anything below moderate resolution. The TV show will have a sneak preview at Celebration IV. Kotor III most probably won't.

Oh yeah. The TV show is confirmed. KOTOR 3 isn't.

[face_thinking]

Now, how come the KOTOR 3 thread is 160-something pages long....?

6. Lavaman

Lavaman Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 19, 2003

Probably because KOTOR 3 will be greenlighted, finished, and released, before we even find out anything new on the Animated Series. Sadly, I am only half joking. [face_plain]

7. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Bit of an update from TFN main page:

Lucas One-On-One with MTV

From the article:

With his prequels behind him, Lucas has shifted his attention to two daring projects that could bring tie-fighters, tauntauns and Tatooine to a new generation of imaginers. First among them is a largely 3-D animated show very different from the recent, slick Genndy Tartakovsky "Clone Wars" cartoons but set throughout the same epic battles. "We've got a number of episodes finished now," he promised. "It looks really good. It's a lot of fun.

"It's that same time period," Lucas added of the show, which is being shopped to various channels. "But it's quite a bit more sophisticated, and it's not like anything you've ever seen on television before. ... [Tartakovsky] used his distinctive 2-D style to do [Clone Wars], but it was two minutes at a time, so it was a test-subject kind of idea. It worked and everything, but then we knew we were eventually going to do a 3-D animated series."

8. Barriss_Coffee

Jun 29, 2003
    Thanks, Garth!

I suppose it's only a matter of time before the spoilers begin to pop up. I wonder how big the fan response will be for this series. Obviously, it won't reach the same level of popularity as the movies, but the Small Screen section might see quite a bit of traffic in the near future.

9. Lavaman

Jan 19, 2003

Yeah; thanks GARTH, but we learned nothing new from that interview. [face_plain]

10. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Did we know the show was being shopped to various channels?

Whatever. I was mostly trying to stir up interest in the Animated Series, but only an actual update from the god-forsaken OS could do that.

11. BlackPool

BlackPool Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 29, 2000
    "But it's quite a bit more sophisticated, and it's not like anything you've ever seen on television before. ...

LOL! How many times have we heard that before?

Now if this turned out to look somehing like Final Fantasy: Advent Children, then that would be cool. I have always felt a style along the lines of anime would work well with SW.

12. Darth_Maul_Sith_Lord

Darth_Maul_Sith_Lord Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2004
    Seems kinda strange they'd be shopping it around, it kinda makes sense that it should end up on scifi. They could use better programing. I just hope it doesn't end up on MTV, cuase they kill it.

D_M_S_L

13. Lavaman

Jan 19, 2003
    Sorry GARTH; I didn't mean to be rude. :( I am just frustrated at the tight lipped policy that Lucas and Company have employed with the new Animated Series. Even the movies didn't have any where near this much secrecy. This Site gives out more info than the OS, which I am grateful. To be fair, I did read the entire article again, and I noticed that George confirmed some info on the Live Action Series. He said that Rebel Pilots would be one of the main focal points. At least we got that confirmed. :)

14. Jamiebacca

Jamiebacca Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2003
    Damn right it will!

15. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    I'm quite shocked we haven't heard anything from the OS, or some leaked info, either way.

Now I'm thinking the release is probably not going to be in 2007, which blows.

The weird thing is that in EVERY other SW release, cross-media, since TPM or before, we always got some advance info or pics or whatever to build up momentum, so there was plenty of pre-release buzz.

I wonder if they're trying to give a bit of a break from the Clone Wars era or something? This beggars belief.

16. Barriss_Coffee

Jun 29, 2003
    I agree... in a little over a year these shows will be out, and we don't really have any details yet. When the prequels came out, we started getting spoilers at least two years in advance.

The only reason they could possibly have to keep the spoiler policy so tight would be for....

A PLOT TWIST!!!!

8-}

17. Jamiebacca

Jamiebacca Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2003
    When I heard it was going to take place in the Clone Wars era, I was like "Oh."

It was kind of a 'seen it, been there' anti-climatic kind of "Oh."

What more dots need connecting after the cartoon? Why backtrack?

... who am I kidding? It's gonna be awesome!

18. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    Is there a chance its gonna be on Cartoon Network?

19. 694377

694377 Jedi Master star 5

Jun 24, 2006
    i dunno, probably. i loved the original clone wars, the 3-d version i hope is going to kick some bantha poodoo. if they ever do, a real-life clone wars would be sweat!

20. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Oh, I'm super-pumped for this, I'd just like some news.

I don't have cable though, so if they're not going to show it on the net, I might finally have to suck it up and get cable. [face_worried]

21. Commander_Kayman

Commander_Kayman Jedi Youngling star 2

May 2, 2006
    Clone Wars real life would be massive.........and massively expensive. And the commercial breaks would be massively long. Around 20 minutes or somthing every break costing a wonderfull 45000 dollar every 2 min.

22. Lavaman

Jan 19, 2003
  23. Captain_Kazan

Captain_Kazan Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 16, 2006
    And they would be started by George W. Bush. [face_laugh]

24. Lavaman

Jan 19, 2003
    Riiiicolaaaa.....!!!!

25. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    FINALLY some kind of update.

From TFN main page:

Pierre from Mintinbox.com send us word that they've posted a video interview with Rob Coleman online. It's from the recent Imagina 2007 event. In the video they discuss Lucasfilm's upcoming 3D animated Star Wars series. In the video Coleman divulges a few interesting details. Click here to check out the video now!

Highlites:
    -Currently 15 episodes in various stages of production
    -One, almost two episodes fully completed
    -Coleman to direct 5 of first 26 episodes

-"They're looking fabulous, they're looking great..."
    -"Our stuff is incredible compared to what's out there..."
    -Some licensees have viewed footage and the reaction was very positive
    -Final assembly of shows is done at Skywalker Ranch
    -Rob admits to collecting some trinkets along the way
    -Rob hopes to be able to attend Celebration IV

you can find the video here

Lucas is a big anime fan, but they wanted to go elsewhere; Singapore is great, the working langugage is English, and animators come from Phillipines, India, Korea, etc.

Lucas has been involved from the start, on plot, character development, art direction, etc.

Everything is (gasp!) heavily under wraps right now, we might see something by the end of the year. [face_frustrated]

Coleman says he knows it's a cliche to say it's unlike anything you've ever seen on television, but he says it's true, the animation blows everything out of the water.

Skywalker Ranch does character/plot development and some art direction, then Lucasarts Singapore does the rendering and animation, then it comes back to Skywalker Ranch for sound/voice acting.