main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Sounds like things will get real interesting for Ahsoka at the end of this season. I'm so curious about that.

AkashKedavra_93 and Darth Vader like this.
  2. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I must agree. This season has better distribution of focus and it does focus on other characters and not just the main cast. THAT IS PRICELESS as Hondo would say.
    So far this move has allowed me NOT to get sick of some characters like I was in S4 with ANAKIN and Rex. This season it is very well managed so everybody has equal per say time to shine on the TV.

Focusing mainly on characters like Hondo, the Younglings, the droids, Gascon, Gregor and Ventress allows the season to feel more diverse and interesting. Especially since all are OCs that we do not know the fate of. That is a million times better than having 3 or 4 arcs with a focus on Anakin like last season.

Zip your mouth, fan of Anakin. I will NOT stand for Ahsoka to ruin the Clovis arc. We have enough to be happy or worried about with Embo or Padme, Anakin or CLOVIS!

Ok but I when I watch TCW I do not say to myself: YAY! So much Ahsoka and so little interesting stuff for me. Good for those who love a lot of Ahsoka and they are getting her so it is their heyday. BUT 3 arcs about her or with her is ENOUGH.
    Time to give other characters, that is why I like the direction right away of the newest droid arc cause it kicked out all the main cast in the first 2 minutes.

Balance is where is at. Not too much and too little of somebody or something. If there is no balance but only overuse, the character that is overused can become stale.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  3. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    It just occurred to me how spoiled we are with the diverse group of characters that we could get on any given episode. Most TV series focus on the same characters EVERY SINGLE EPISODE and yet we have a vast array of characters who get rotated in and out.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  4. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I feel it should be Obi-Wan on the cover for the S5 blu-ray too. He's already appeared in more episodes then Anakin this season :p I expect he'll pop up in the Clovis arc and the finale arc too, though with less of a role. If Ahsoka ever gets a DVD cover, I bet it will be the last season.

AkashKedavra_93 and Seerow like this.
  5. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
  6. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Really this is how I see things when it comes to character usage in TCW. We can play the spoiled fangirl/fanboy game all day. I want more of this guy and more of that guy. At the end of the day there are alot of characters fighting for screen time and the characters that need that focus most are the original ones central to TCW's overall stories and the perspective they are lending me, the viewer, threw the war. Its no wonder Rex, Fives, Cad Bane, Ahsoka, Satine, and Hondo are so popular. I love Obi-wan and want to see more of him, lets flesh out the movie characters and enrich the story as the Maul arc this season will do and the Rako Hardeen did last season. We should still bare in mind characters like him, Anakin, and Padme are otherwise set in stone. The ones that will move TCW forward and keep it fresh are the characters with the most possibilities. We also gotta give more time to customer who orbit that main cast and move the story forward instead of throwing characters in for fan service. Characters like Barriss for example.

QuangoFett and Valairy Scot like this.
  7. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    We are not SPOILED, we are blessed!

SW is a diverse and vibrant world that has a lot to offer in terms of characters. Having many characters is mandatory for a show like this.
    If it had the amount of characters like the horrible show Ben 10 or something like that then it would be awful to watch.

I am calm, dear Vader... it is rare but we agree here - no Ahsoka would be better for the Clovis arc. And by that I also mean no shoehorned cameo by her.

8. Spazmatron

Spazmatron Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 19, 2012
    Ahsoka is in the Clovis arc

In the trailer they are attacking cato nemoidia together with their starfighters, which is part of the Clovis arc.

9. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    Ok... we will see how much she appears if so. I hope she does not ruin the potentially great battle.

10. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    At least we know she is no where near the Maul arc :p

11. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    As much as i like Ahsoka, i don't want her to interfere too much with the Clovis Arc

12. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    With all we know occurring in the arc, I don't think Ahsoka would be there too much.

Obi-Wan definitely deserves this year's DVD/Blu-Ray cover. The pain he is going to go through in Mauldalore...

Ahsoka should get the last season's DVD/Blu-Ray cover, that would be fitting, regardless of her fate

In terms of Blu-Ray disc covers, I would have to say I would like:

Hondo Ohnaka (Episodes 1-9)
    Gregor (Episodes 10-16)
    Sidious (Episodes 17-22)

13. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    Same here with me being MEH about Ahsoka.

For that arc I hope nobody but Obi-Wan from the heroes is featured.

Hmmm... The new Hondo model will look gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood on a disc. Gregor is a Republic commando NUFF SAID and Sidious is Sidious.

14. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I agree with the idea for the Discs. It definately seems like Kenobi should get this cover. Hondo would be great on the first disc. It'll probably be WAC on the 2nd Disc and then Sids should go on the 3rd. =D ...It'll probably be freaking Savage or Maul again though. =/

15. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    It won't be WAC. They would put somebody action-packed.

16. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    They'll probably put Stella or Saw on one of them.

17. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
  18. Convor

Convor Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 25, 2011
    I'd rather have WAC. [face_sick]

19. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    They'll put The Colonel on a disc

20. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    That's be dissapointing like the arc is.

21. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    Me too, I'd rather see Kalani.

22. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    I hope that happens off screen. We do not need to see everything Anakin does. Like we did not need to see him go to Hondo and beg for help.
    The fact he said it was enough. Same will be with this.

I love Saw so YES if he is on one of the discs.

Well Krell, Fives, Rex and the rest of the clonies were the focus of Umbara but none of them got on a disc. So I doubt any of the Onderon characters would make it either.

23. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    I'm pretty sure that Anakin has like one scene in the Maul arc which would probably be like a minutes worth of screentime, though I guess that is too much screentime for you for him, eh? :p

24. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    I still stick with Hondo. That dude deserves a cover, but I'll be happy with the disc.

25. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    No need to speculate; we'll find out in a few weeks. Someone might buy it and spoil us, if we ask politely. If we're really lucky, someone at Amazon will goof and let us search the text again.