main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    So there has always been a missing arc, reminds me of the mention that Fives was going to be in season 5 after all. Well, it is what it is. We may still get 22 episodes. Unfortunately there isn't much we can do except wait for an official announcement on whats going on with this. I think the Saturday move was coincidence since CN moved all the action shows with the exceptions of Dragons and Ninjago to Saturdays so that IMO was definately CN's move. Does anyone know if anything is going on with Ben 10 or DC Nation to indicate either of them might be ending their run soon?

There may well be a long hiatus before the move.

And I doubt CN will pay to get the show Watto. Thats a typical Disney jack up.

2. swcolts1277

swcolts1277 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 5, 2013
    Fives was going to be a part of the clone arc and Matt Michnovetz mentioned on his Twitter that he wrote this arc and it has been delayed til next season.

3. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Keyword: Delayed.

4. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I think this time he is right. Personally if Clovis is out, it will be worth the wait... if we ever get to see it.

5. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Its going to be interesting to see what eps are on the blu-rays this year and in what order.

6. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    Yes... it was revealed a few weeks ago by one of the writers on twitter that one of their highlights of 2012 was in a meeting planning out the end of the Clone Wars... transitioning it into episode III. So, likely they may have already written those episodes but that would depend on when that meeting was held in 2012. But certainly the end of the show has now been mapped. But it probably won't be for another few seasons as they are always working ahead by at least 2 seasons.

Seerow likes this.
  7. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    I hope Revival is put back in its place as it was meant to air just before Eminence. Would be good to be able to watch that arc without changing discs!

07jonesj and cwustudent like this.
  8. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    For a moment I read the above as re-airing Revival before airing the rest of the arc to "fill in" the missing episode! Whew! I love Revival but am ready to move forward.

9. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    This season has been what Season 2 was in scheduling, just far worse. I am waiting for official confirmation, though. There's no official air date for the finale arc either but that doesn't mean it isn't coming. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for Clovis appearing...

This would be my preferred order:

14,15,16: Mauldalore
    17,18,19: Clovis
    20,21,22: Ahsoka (If there's 4 episodes, cliffhanger perhaps?)

At least there's Fives and Yoda as major arc characters to look forward to in Season 6...

10. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    I still think if the show DOES end up moving to another network after this season, ending it on a big cliffhanger, in the middle of an arc is problematic. Disney wouldn't have the rights to air previous episodes, CN retains those rights. Which is possibly why a shorter season is likely occurring because of the potential of TCW moving networks, ergo preventing that problem.

11. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I agree with this, there isn't any reason to panic until we get something official. There is alot of rumor milling going on here. I was speculating the Clovis arc may have been pulled for S&P reasons early on. Now there is speculation there is indeed a missing arc here. I don't believe there has ever been official confirmation TCW is moving to Disney XD. We need to start sorting this out by going back and listing what anybody official said. Its really only Matt and Brent who have told us anything FIRC and they don't know. I'm going to stop now.

If a move happens, I doubt CN will retain any rights to anything.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  12. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    Actually they would. They would be able to run any episodes they want of TCW from S1 to S5. They own the distribution rights to air those episodes. They've paid money for it so in that sense they 'own' them. I can ask someone in the business who might know what happens in this type of situation if this happens?

13. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    THIS! THIS!

Thank you AkashKedavra_93 for keeping my hope going... I hope Clovis is in the season. The math looks correct!

CLOOOOOVVVIIISSSSSSSSSS!

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  14. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    That should definitely be the airing order; no more fiddling around with the episodes.

15. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Wouldn't it be more like a contract? CN would have the airing right for a set number of years and they expire. I think its usually like 5 years or something like that. Anyways what probably going to happen if there is a move is Disney is gonna jack up the cost of the renewal of those rights and CN isn't going to pay it. There will be a blame game. Again however, official word would be great.

16. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    TCW has an annual contract as far as I know.

Seerow likes this.
  17. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Actually, this reminds me of the Hondo situation, which is a perfect example of how episodes aren't shown according to the planned schedule. Way back during Celebration 5 in 2010, before Season 3 began, Filoni said we'd soon see Hondo in the repainted Slave 1. He was really excited about it. Obviously, we didn't get that in Season 3 -- or Season 4. So yeah, Boba Fett in the armor sounds like a similar scenario.

Mr. Atom Bomb and Samayel_ like this.
  18. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    Good point. They probably would expire but it all depends on what type of contract CN has. Something we will probably never know anyway.

Seerow likes this.
  19. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    Speaking of the upcoming Ahsoka/Ventress-centric arc, I hope they make Ahsoka more powerful and I hope she doesn't get rescued again. Ever since the series started, she's been portrayed as WAAAYYY too weak with occasional exceptions.

20. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    This made me laugh, because for the first two-and-a-half seasons, people were complaining she was too powerful for a padawan and a Mary Sue. :p

I think she's at a good level. Powerful enough to defeat any and all battle droids, but can't stand toe-to-toe with Grievous or Ventress. They're supposed to be difficult to best by Anakin or Obi-Wan, so Ahsoka shouldn't be able to do so.

21. InterestingLurker

Jun 15, 2011
    And to that, my reaction is:

07jonesj likes this.
  22. InterestingLurker

Jun 15, 2011
    On another note, I get the feeling that by the end of the upcoming four-parter, Ahsoka and Ventress will form a friendship. Who knows? Maybe they'll even be lovers. I frankly find the idea more preferable than Ahsoka's now-dead romantic relationship with Lux.

23. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I'd assume Ventress has better taste.

CT-867-5309 and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  24. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    There's already Rule 34 of that.

Hell, there's Ahsoka/Ventress/Padme. :p

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  25. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Oh, hell...