main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*Official Thread* - C-IV Social Thread -- May, 2007 just can't come soon enough!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by ValedaKor, Sep 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    Trust me, I was including myself in my statement. Every time I gleen one piece of information about C-IV, it just makes me hungry for more!

2. pwinklespi

pwinklespi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 30, 2004
    See, I thought celebrations were over. I never thought CIV would come to fruition. Now it's here and I am excited. If it wasn't CIV, I would be going on another vacation and be just as pumped. :)

3. Darth_Haggis

Darth_Haggis Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2002
    197 1/2 days to go...! :D

4. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    I'm going tonight to see Carrie Fisher's opening night for her new one-woman show... I'll see if I can't get her to tell me if she's even got word about attending C-IV. It's kinda far out for her, since she'll soon be concentrating on writing for the Academy Awards. But I'll put in a word for us if I can.

5. pwinklespi

Mar 30, 2004
    I wish she was doing a show in NY, I would go up there with my wife. Have fun tonight.

6. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Hey Darth Haggis, it's nice to see you found your way over here.

7. Ysrossko

Ysrossko Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 17, 2006
    I am going to LA next week and tried to get a ticket for the show, but I guess it is all sold out the three days I am going to be out there.

8. Grumpy_Jedi

Grumpy_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2006

I say we all get CIV tattoos!!! Common, who's with me? I'll go first!!!! YEHAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. pwinklespi

Mar 30, 2004

Um, no.

10. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    Funny you mention that. I've actually thought of getting the "Star Wars" logo in the famous gold lettering tattooed on my lower leg. Just haven't had the you-know-whats to sit in the tattoo parlor chair and get the needle...

11. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Ummm, can I just get C-IV put under my rebel symbol?

Wait... what am I thinking? That one tattoo hurt so much there's no way I'm adding anything else!! Sorry, had a moment of insanity! I don't regret getting the one tat, but there ain't gonna be another!

Come on guys, suck it up and get one! Show how dedicated you really are to SW!

12. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    I've actually got a couple tats... never really hurt much. I have one on my back that I kinda regret. I'ts a yin/yang in the middle of a small sun. I don't like it. I have a cross on my left arm...a pretty big one too. I'd get another one probably.... not sure if it would be Star Wars though. If it was a cool enough picture I might.

13. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    I'm waiting to get my Lord of the Rings tattoo... [face_whistling]

14. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    You're too young Miana! Seriously! Wait until you hit 35 or so. Your likes and dislikes change so much in your 20's and early 30's. You might end up regretting it. Remember the "sag" issue too. Where ever you get it, it probably will be several inches lower by the time you hit 55+. A sad but true fact.

15. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    If anyone's seriously interested in getting a tattoo while they're here for C-IV, I know a great place in Hollywood. Not that you'll probably have the time, but I've got the place :).

16. Darth_Haggis

Mar 21, 2002
    I've been here since just after the C4 board was started, just haven't posted anything in a long, long time...

17. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    A lurker. Shoulda figured. :D

18. Setal_Dorset

Setal_Dorset Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 21, 2006
    ya we were all planing on geting a tattoo to honor (for most of us our first and only celebration)[face_laugh]. so were's the good place to go

19. Danpa_Wamem

Danpa_Wamem Jedi Youngling star 2

May 2, 2005
    I figured the store late at night or early in the morning (going by your own perspective) could be interesting ... it might have the "midnight movie madness" added to the whole shopping experience. [face_laugh]

20. Darth_Haggis

Mar 21, 2002
    195 days 23 hours to go! :D

21. pwinklespi

Mar 30, 2004
    So, how is everyone doing with their other plans outside of the convention. I know most of you aren't going to be doing anything else besides CIV, but I am using this as a vacation for me and the Mrs, so I need to do a few other things. Has anyone found something really cool to do besides Universay or Disneyland?

22. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    But that's making it way too general, and if you've never been here you may be unsure just what this is to do -- we have museums, tons o' restaurants, other theme parks, scenic drives, and lots of movies coming out at that time of the year (like POTC 3, for instance). What do you feel like doing?

23. pwinklespi

Mar 30, 2004
    Well, the first day we get there, we want to go to Rodeo drive and just see Beverly Hills. Possibly the Paramount Lot. One day will be dedicated to Universal. We will try all the cool hot dog joints like Pinks and a few nice restaurants. Besides that we are up in the air. My wife asks "any non-Star Wars suggestions?" Oh the blasphemy! HAHA!

24. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    Isn't Spider-Man 3 coming out around then too or is that later in the summer?

25. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    And this is the woman you want to sit next to on the airplane?????

:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.