main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*Official Thread* - Official Announcements - Updated 5/18 - Blood Drive

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by ValedaKor, Sep 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Danpa_Wamem

Danpa_Wamem Jedi Youngling star 2

May 2, 2005
    I haven't played lazer tag in years ... that would be interesting

2. skywalker_1982

skywalker_1982 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 25, 2004
    I suppose it might be the carrie fisher talk but the way steve spoke about it was as if harrison ford was going to be doing a chat.

3. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    I think it depends on whose perspective you are viewing it from. I would have only been excited were it Carrie Fisher or Mark Hamill. Everyone has a different idea of what is "THE" thing they most want out of CIV. An hour with Carrie Fisher for me is one of the most hoped for things I could have even wished for, now if only Mark Hamill would change his mind I would be having the most amazing CIV that I could ever have imagined.. but I can't have everything I suppose :)

For me I would have been let down if it were ...someone for instance ... like Harrison Ford that was giving the chat, don't get me wrong, I really like Harrison Ford, he's a great actor and a great person, but Harrison Ford it would appear is not to into the idea of talking to anyone about Star Wars much, why put the man through something he doesn't seem to enjoy, and it appears he really doesn't feel comfortable talking to strangers that much at all anyway, not his cup of tea, he never seems relaxed when in situations that involve talking about himself. Carrie Fisher on the other hand is a great extemporaneous speaker and quite a funny lady,

4. Wilderness_Comedian

Wilderness_Comedian Jedi Youngling star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    If they did a Ford segment, I imagine it would be a pretaped inteview, or one of those call in things like they did with Hayden at C III.

5. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    that would make him feel a bit more comfortable with the situation at least.. somehow I just see the poor man faced with all of crazed star wars fans (let me just say here I am
    PROUD to be one of those crazed lunatics)and feeling a bit at ill ease.. he just seems so mild mannered and very down to earth and here are all of us 'star wars' fanatics staring the man down.. would have to be a bit claustraphobic for him I would imagine.

6. Capt-SithPaark

Capt-SithPaark Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 24, 2004
    By the way - The Hayden Video-link Interview Prgm. (on the Friday at C3) never happened at it's scheduled time, (not sure if it ever did) as they had technical problems from his end (I believe he was in Italy filming 'The Decameron') The Interview was postponed until a later time (we couldn't afford to wait around so we went & caught Rick McCallum's Spectacular)

An example of a crazed 'SW' Fan story - http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/5622/12wc4.jpg

7. niennumb1

niennumb1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 10, 2001
    Would it really be bad to at least say what remaining 2 celebs they are waiting to hear back from on the GOH list from OPX? At least I would know finally how much to budget into the autographs on my trip just to prepare for it.

That and at least a program idea of what things are going on. I could commit some time to OPX volunteer work, but I want to make sure I'm not missing out on any cool shows I may want to sit in on. They must know the programming pretty well by now.

These last bits of waiting are killin' me! Hurry up, celebs!!!! ..... please.. :)

8. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Yes, it would be bad to mention any names of any guests who might come but have not committed. As soon as the name is mentioned then the pressure is on for them to come. And if they don't come, no matter what the reason, they get blamed. It's just more polite and professional to only announce guests who have signed to come.

That said, I honestly wonder when GenCon asks the guests to come. Timothy Zahn won't be at CIV because MarCon had the good sense to ask him to come on the same weekend many months in advance. A lot of authors and artists could come if they just have enough advance notice.

Now about the program......even if there is a big-name-guest hole in the schedule, surely that does not cover the entire 4-5 days of CIV. They could at least announce the topics, locations and days of fan panel discussions even if they're not sure about when. Everyone can't get into see the big events at the same time, so other things must be going on.

9. niennumb1

niennumb1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 10, 2001
    Good point. That is interesting though that you'd think by now they'd have all that together.

Oh well. It's not too much longer. I can wait :)

10. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    In addition to special classes, the Star Wars Family Room also will feature ongoing activities such as coloring, crafts and free Star Wars face painting (kids only).

Dammit! Does anyone have a kid they want to lend me/get free babysitting for at some point during the con? :p

I'm glad Guinness was so proud of the fact that he made some kid cry. [face_plain] I can understand why a great actor would be unhappy that Star Wars was the main thing he came to be known for, I suppose, but that's still really rotten. You'd think celebrities could at least show courtesy to their fans. It's because of fans and their willingness to give up their hard-earned to see movies that these actors have so much money. Without fans, they'd still be starving aspiring actors living in a tiny loft with five roommates.

11. Grand_Admiral_Grant

Grand_Admiral_Grant Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 30, 2004
    I'll act as your kid on Friday if you'll act as mine on Saturday.

Deal? [face_batting]

12. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I can be a younger sister one day :) Please please [face_praying] ;)

13. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    UPDATE -- ILM at CIV

http://www.starwars.com/community/event/celebration/news20070501.html

Now this should be amazing to see.

14. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Wow, that will be cool.

15. Moff_D

Moff_D Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    That oughta shut up the tech dorks begging for some ILM people. :p
    They get the kings...not too bad at all ;)

16. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Yup, consider me one of those tech dorks. ;)

17. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    Count us tech dorks in too, this is something amazing...i cant wait to see ILM!!!

18. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    UPDATE -- Final Round of CIV Artists Announced

http://www.starwars.com/community/event/celebration/news20070502b.html

Now the real torture test begins - what prints do I set my budget for?? So many amazing choices...

19. MrSkinnee

MrSkinnee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 25, 2002
    HOLY HELL! SETH GREEN AND THE ROBOT CHICKEN CREW ARE GOING TO BE THERE! I'm NOT going to miss that! God, I want Green's autograph.

20. Shivann_D

Shivann_D Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 28, 2006
    I jsut received this email about badges:

Star Wars Celebration IV Update Regarding ?Ship to Me? Badges!

Badge Ship-Out

Due to an unfortunate delay in receiving packet materials, badge ship-out was delayed. Badges are currently in the process of being shipped and started to go out the week of April 23, 2007. If you selected to have your badges shipped to you and you do not receive your badge by May 14th please contact Aleta Mullen at customerservice@gencon.com and she will be happy to assist you.

Fan Club Membership Verification

If you do not receive your Fan Club lanyard and Friends & Family coupons with your badge in the mail out packet despite being a Fan Club member please see the Fan Club Information booth onsite at the Convention Center. Upon verifying your membership you will receive your lanyard and coupons. If you are interested in purchasing a Fan Club membership while at the show, please go to the Badge Registration booth to purchase your membership.

It would seem that they are making an effort to catch up with everyone that has inqured about the badges.

21. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    UPDATE -- Star Wars Trilogy in 30 Minutes at CIV

http://www.starwars.com/community/event/celebration/news20070503b.html

Yeeessssss!!!! [face_dancing]

22. CarolynNC

CarolynNC Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2002
    They also added another host.

Scott Chernoff

From the announcement:

Join Chernoff on the Petree Stage, where he will interview stars of the saga and moderate question and answer sessions with a diverse and fascinating guest list that includes Seth MacFarlane of "Family Guy", the legendary Billy Dee Williams (Lando Calrissian), and Seth Green of "Robot Chicken", to name a few.

23. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    So would it be a good assumption to believe that Billy Dee is one of the two remaining OPX GOH?

24. CarolynNC

CarolynNC Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2002
    He might be but he might also want to attend for a panel and not sign. Hard to say.

25. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Hmmmm, just a little too coincidental that most fans here figured he would be a pending GOH, and low & behold his name surfaces in connection with a different CIV update. :)

That sneaky Billy Dee...

Giess we'll just have to wait & see for the final two official OPX announcements.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.