main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*OFFICIAL THREAD* Sifo-Dyas Discussion

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by Mr_Infinity, May 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darthfunkle

darthfunkle Jedi Youngling star 1

May 4, 2005
    I have been reading many threads and Im astounded at the replies that have surfaced regarding Sifo-dyas. It is a mystery and I don't think it will be reveiled in ep3. Many of you have come up with interesting ideas that seem more like you could rewrite lucas's story all together,but I think it is more simple. Sifo-dyas is dead and his identity is not important eccept he is a member of the jedi council. I agree that his identity was used and that the fact remains that he wasn't alive long enough to order a creation of an army. It would take to much time in a 2 hour film to explain such a conspiracy. There is so much too explain about its ep3's plot that you probably wouldn't even care about sifo-dyas, because... uh .. he's dead. Perhaps I'm wrong and I hope I am, because I, like many of you, like a story that is twisted plot wise. Paltine should be a clone. I always thought that, because it is way too obvious that palp. and sidious are one. Ddduuuhh... You might be disappointed if they are. I saw the new figurines where they inter-change into one another leading me to beleive they are the same. DAMN YOU LUCAS!!!
    Anyways, there is no mystery involved about sifo-dyas. The jedi faled in seeing what would happen and thats the end... or is it?

2. darthfunkle

darthfunkle Jedi Youngling star 1

May 4, 2005
    oh, yeah .. by the way this is such an old subject that reading about it makes me sick to my stomach. I will never ponder about Syfo-dias again for the rest of my life and I don't know what came over me.

*cries in mirror from disgust*

The truth is that Syfo is the love child of Mace and Yoda. Why else do they give eachother a suspicious glance in ep2 when the name is mentioned That is why we will never know his true Identity.

3. Deeysew

Deeysew Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 5, 2005
    Wanna buy some death sticks?

4. Jedicro

Jedicro Jedi Youngling star 1

May 4, 2005
    i read on a site that syfo-dyas was one of the jedi palpatine wanted to convert to "evilism". but he refused. therefore he killed him. then dooku comes in. palapatine tells him to place order for clone army under name of sifo dyas. this seems realistic. fits the time frame perfectly and usualy sites giving info like this dont make it up out of the blue. so i would believe this.

5. DarthPife

DarthPife Jedi Youngling

May 5, 2005
    Hasent anyone mabye thought that General Grevious could be Sifo Dyas? I mean i would explain why the Jedi Order would think He's dead, seeing that GG living parts are only some eyes and a brain. Also it would explain why he has exceptional light sabreing skills along with a hateread of the Jedi.

I do not believe that it could be Sedious, b/c i think the Jedi would notice that an former friend of theres who died a few days ago poped up as a senator from Naboo. That time line dosent make sence.

I dont think its Maul but mabye Doku. Doku most likely deleted the Kameno files from the Archives which would lead me to believe that he could have posed to be some one else on Kameno, but i dont think that Doku and Sifo Dyas are one and the same. If anyone offed Sifo it was prob Doku, But i hope it gets explained in ROTS.

By the way, on the topic of Kameno, whats with Obi One telling R4 to scramble a message to the Old Folks Home on Courasant?

Anybody?

6. DarthPife

DarthPife Jedi Youngling

May 5, 2005
    If anyone dident know that Emperor Palpatine, and Chansalor Palpatine were the same person they need to see me so i can tell them that they are Bantha Poodo and are Weak Minded.

7. Darth Kruel

Darth Kruel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2000
    What's funny to me is how for 6 years the Palpatine/Sidious issue was endlessly debated. A lot of people knew all along that they were the same. But there were the doubters talking about one was the clone of the other. There were so many hints that supported the theory that they were the same person.

But I'm glad it's finally been proved that they are the same man. [face_plain]

8. JustinPeeler

JustinPeeler Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2003
    Sifo Dyas is Sifo Dyas. Grievous is Grievous. The Official Site has Grievous bio, and the book Labryth of Evil gives more info on him and Sifo Dyas.

Welcome to the boards.

9. DARTHJADO

DARTHJADO Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2001
    I SO LOVE when the moderators lock my threads without giving me a chance to retype or rephrase...
    THANKS GUYS! You're real winners!

WHO KILLED SIFO-DYAS? WHY WAS HE TARGETTED? WHY IS HE NOT MENTIONED IN Epsiode 3?!?!?!?!?!?

10. JustinPeeler

Jul 3, 2003
    DARTHJADO posted on 5/6/05 1:39pm
    I SO LOVE when the moderators lock my threads without giving me a chance to retype or rephrase...
    THANKS GUYS! You're real winners!

WHO KILLED SIFO-DYAS? WHY WAS HE TARGETTED? WHY IS HE NOT MENTIONED IN Epsiode 3?!?!?!?!?!?
    [hr][/blockquote]

Dooku killed Sifo Dyas, because Sidious wanted Dooku to kill his best freind and turn to the Dark Side. Why would Sifo Dyas be mentioned in Episode III?

11. obi1andreasen79

obi1andreasen79 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 25, 2005
    because none of that was mentioned in episode 2.

12. Deeysew

Deeysew Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 5, 2005
  13. JustinPeeler

Jul 3, 2003
    obi1andreasen79 posted on 5/6/05 1:52pm
    because none of that was mentioned in episode 2.
    [hr][/blockquote]

What was mentioned in Episode II was that Sifo Dyas was a Jedi who was killed, that Obi Wan was under the impression that he died before the clones were ordered, and that Darth Tyrannus recruited Jango Fett.

What is shown in ROTS is Darth Sidious using a code phrase to order the murder of the Jedi, Order 66.

Here's a thought. Why don't you use your brain and figure out what happened without Lucas spoon fedding you every little pointless detail?

14. obi1andreasen79

Feb 25, 2005
    why do think you can insult everybody? I don't need to be spoonfed nothing. It's b.s. we have to go buy a new book everytime lucas feels like leaving something out of his movies. LOOK.... I know at the end of AOTC we see papls and dooku together. from this one can conclude that dooku erased the files and had a hand in ordering the clones. he hand picked jango fett... yeah...i beat bounty hunter so I know the speel. save it.
    why bring up something in one movie and ignore it in the next? case in point...hearing qui gon. was this a setup so we wouldn't have to hear or see him in sith?
    more b.s.
    look...i usually don't bash the films...but these two things have me irritated. the rest of it sounds great.
    oh...and one more thing...the mystery behind the clones isn't order 66. it's who ordered them.
    did the kaminioans know about the ultimate plan? did they believe they were dealing with a jedi master?

and lucas said the mystery of who ordered the clones is something that unfortunately we won't get into until the next film.
    oh yeah....i gotta read a book about that too right?
    it's extremely ignorant and arrogant of you to tell me I need things spoon fed to me because I fail to see why some things were even brought up in AOTC only to be ignored in sith.

15. rdwngthirty

rdwngthirty Jedi Youngling

May 5, 2005

Please respond to this, i put some time into this theory and dont think there are any holes in it, please tell me if you find any

i am convinced that sifo-dyas is darth maul. First off, I' am positive that it isn't darth maul. obiwan said dyas was killed ten years ago, during TPM. The council did not know who darth maul was, they didnt even see him, so how could they tell that he was dyas. They would have no way of knowing that dyas died if dyas was maul, it can't be qui gon or obiwan would have been more suprised, and qui gon already has a name, and dyas is known to be an acutal jedi, not jsut an alias. I honestly have no clue who dyas is, unless dooku was sifo dyas before he became count dooku, because he only earned the title of count after he left teh jedi...so we dont know his acutal name. It's kinda like teh pope, pope benedict is just a title, not his acutal name. I'm confident it was dooku.

16. JustinPeeler

Jul 3, 2003
    How is suggesting you use your brain insulting you? It's pretty obvious that Dooku erased the files and that Palpatine was involved in the clone order.

Who Sifo was, what he liked to eat, what color lightsaber he had, did his Jedi robes make him itch, these things aren't important. He was a guy who got killed to cover up the clone order. I figured that out when I first heard his name.

You made this into a bigger deal than Lucas intended, and you are bashing the film over a truly unimportant point that was already explained to you.

17. JustinPeeler

Jul 3, 2003
    rdwngthirty posted on 5/6/05 2:06pm

Please respond to this, i put some time into this theory and dont think there are any holes in it, please tell me if you find any

i am convinced that sifo-dyas is darth maul. First off, I' am positive that it isn't darth maul. obiwan said dyas was killed ten years ago, during TPM. The council did not know who darth maul was, they didnt even see him, so how could they tell that he was dyas. They would have no way of knowing that dyas died if dyas was maul, it can't be qui gon or obiwan would have been more suprised, and qui gon already has a name, and dyas is known to be an acutal jedi, not jsut an alias. I honestly have no clue who dyas is, unless dooku was sifo dyas before he became count dooku, because he only earned the title of count after he left teh jedi...so we dont know his acutal name. It's kinda like teh pope, pope benedict is just a title, not his acutal name. I'm confident it was dooku.
    [hr][/blockquote]

Dude, it's May 6th. It's a bit late for theories. And Maul was a Sith from birth, not a Jedi.

18. obi1andreasen79

Feb 25, 2005
    don't be ignorant peeler...it was the spoon fed comment that was insulting and you know it.
    whatever man i'm ghost for the weekend.... [face_peace]
    have fun expounding your know all witty banter at kids half your age...

19. rdwngthirty

rdwngthirty Jedi Youngling

May 5, 2005
    i know maul was a sith from birth, i siad he WASN"T sifo dyas

20. JustinPeeler

Jul 3, 2003
    obi1andreasen79 posted on 5/6/05 2:12pm
    don't be ignorant peeler...it was the spoon fed comment that was insulting and you know it.
    whatever man i'm ghost for the weekend.... [face_peace]
    have fun expounding your know all witty banter at kids half your age...
    [hr][/blockquote]

It's not an insult, it's the truth. Unless Lucas ties up every little detail some of you won't be satisfied, and even then it won't be enough.

Sifo Dyas was explained in AOTC for most audience members who don't even remember his name, because when Obi Wan says the guy was killed ten years ago most people in the audience go "ah ha!, something is not right!"

And when we learn that Dooku, not Sifo, recruited Jango the rest of the pieces fall into place.

21. darthxman

darthxman Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 8, 2005
    Here's my take:

Sifo Dyas was most likley killed by Dooku when Palpatine first turned him to the dark side. Or maybe he just coincidentally and conveniently died some other way during that time. Dooku then pretended to BE Sifo Dyas when he went to the cloners of Kamino to order the clone army for the Republic, in other words Palpatine. Thats it. Thats all.

Dooku used the name Tyrannus to recruit Jango. Using other names is the way he covers his tracks. Lies and deception. Whats the mystery?

I've never understood the fascination with Sifo Dyas. In any case he's dead and gone, so whats the big deal?

22. Darth_Dweebie

Darth_Dweebie Jedi Master star 1

Aug 9, 2003
    Come on peeps, it's so simple. Obviously Jar Jar is Sifo-Dyas. Just think, who was the won who signed off on the approval for the creation of the clone army while Amidala was away? Coincidence? I think not. It was all in Jar Jar's plan.

Oh by the way, he is a changling. That is why he lokks different now. See just like Lucas I tie up all loose ends nice and neat.

23. darthxman

darthxman Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 8, 2005
    OMG, thats it! Jar Jar IS Sifo Dyas! Thank you! lol!

24. Darth_Icepik

Darth_Icepik Jedi Youngling

May 5, 2005
    Here's what you need to know, from the Visual Encyclopedia of ROTS.

Sifo-Dyas was a member of the Jedi Council, who was selected by Palpatine to go to Kamino to order a cloned army for the Republic. None of the other council members knew this. The Kaminoans really wanted to clone a Jedi, but a different kind of warrior was to be selected.

Sidious recruited Dooku to be his apprentice after the death of Darth Maul. As part of his initiation, Dooku was forced to kill his friend, Sifo-Dyas. This in effect silenced the only person to know about the cloning except Palpatine/Sidious and Dooku. Dooku was transformed into Darth Tyrannus where he recruited Jango Fett to be the clone host.

Dooku then erased all information about Kamino from the Jedi Archives.

So all this speculation of who Sifo-Dyas was can be ended.

25. Darth_Magus

Darth_Magus Jedi Master star 2

Apr 25, 2002
    What I find interesting is that Sifo-Dyas kept this "mission" from the Jedi Council.

Makes you wonder if Sidious asked other council members to do secret missions for him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.