main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC OFFICIAL - US Elections pre-primary thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by GrandAdmiralJello , Aug 15, 2011.

1. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    why would you want to skip this part of the american political system?

that'd be like scraping the frosting off your **** sandwich before you ate it

2. Game3525

Game3525 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 25, 2008
    Romney is such a coward, even Frothy's statement about Rush were stronger.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/03/02/romney-silent-to-cnn-on-limbaugh/

3. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I'm officially endorsing Obama.

4. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    [:D]

5. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Guess who's back?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYN-Awrq3og&feature=player_embedded

My reactions:

1. WTF?!?!? Scary girl killing a fish, and yelling, is what you want to be seen as?
    2. Obviously the Fish needed MORE water
    3. So is he saying "the economy is dead, accept it"? the party of despair
    4. I wonder how the economy fell to begin with...
    5. Go away... please, just go away

6. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    I would like to direct you to this article, third letter down.

7. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I'd endorse the guy too were he my leader

[image=http://whistleblower-newswire.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Obama-good-luck-GOP-in-2012.jpg]

8. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    News from the frontiers of minority outreach.

Source

lol

9. Autonomous

Autonomous Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2010
    That's good news, especially in light of Time's cover story last week about how the Latino vote will determine the presidency. Hopefully he'll tackle immigration once he's reelected.

[image=http://www.chicagonow.com/chicanisima-latino-politics-news-and-culture/files/2012/02/TimeYoDecido.jpg]

10. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    EDIT: You know...

11. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Wow, that's great :D

12. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    Hahahaha. Well, I've been saying for a long time the GOP was shooting itself in the head, forget foot, with the Latino vote because of the Tea Party fanatics.

They just went over this on Morning Joe and said it was a fatal flaw unless the eventual nominee can address it somehow. Mexican Mitt to the rescue!

13. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    "I played racquetball with the King of Spain once."

14. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    ahahahahaah eat mitt, ohio mittheads, santorum surgin all up in this piece

and if that weren't hilarious enough, willard "mitt" romney and ron paul were the only ones on the ballot in the CLOSED (no democrat saboteurs here) virginia primary and romney only managed sixty percent (against ron "friggin" paul). the virginia gop kind of shrugged its collective shoulders and said "gee, i guess that autistic rich dude is better than some embarrassing libertarian perennial also-ran, if that's the only other option..." [face_tired]

meanwhile poot blingrich got georgia on lockdown, and santorum took tenessee and oklahoma, leaving mitt with only virginny, vermont and the gimmie state of massachusetts to his name this sub-par tuesday

15. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    I'm somewhat amused that Oklahoma looks like it will be won by Santorum with only 1 delegate gained over Romney and Gingrich both. Really a negated win.

16. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Shouldn't the thread title be updated? :p

Other people will analyze Super Tuesday. I'll say it's mostly more of the same, the only surprise (for the pundits) i that Santorum is doing better than he did in Michigan (which was close, and Romney's home state).

Just wanted to post here that Dennis Kucinich has LOST his primary to another very liberal Representative, Marcy Kaptur. She will go on to fight Joe the Plumber in the general election. It's a small political world after all. :p

17. Kiki-Gonn

Feb 26, 2001
    So stupid OH couldn't have swung Rick's way to add to the chaos?
    Mitt once again highlights his weakness with his victories. He outspends Rick 4 to 1 and wins the state by a percentage point.

18. Game3525

Game3525 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 25, 2008
    Super Tuesday went as I thought it would.

Frothy really shot himself in the foot by not winning MI. If he had won, he likely would have had momentum to win Washington and carry Ohio along with the other 3 states he won on Super Tuesday. That may have been fatal for Mitt since the next likely state he wins isn't till April.

19. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    [image=http://i.imgur.com/TpIFX.jpg]

20. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I became a little more hopeful for the sanity of America when Mitt won Ohio.

As far as the Southern states--I live here, and it's not a huge surprise that there are conservatives here that are wishing for a Delorean that would transport them back to 1955.

My husband is betting on a brokered convention, and I'm not sure it would surprise me. North Carolina is usually out of the running when it comes to choosing a nominee because our primary is so late. We did get to help choose the Democrat nominee in 2008 (and I campaigned for Obama [face_dancing]) and if we get to help choose the GOP nominee this year, it's going to be interesting. Also on the ballot on May 8 is "Amendment One", which will ban same-sex marriage in North Carolina, as well as banning recognition for any other kind of non-traditional family; unmarried heterosexual couples who have children together will also be affected.

IOW, a wing nut's dream. With that on the ballot, the Santorum fans will come out in droves.

21. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    What's really helping Santorum is how popular he is with Democrats. He won Democrats in Ohio better than Republicans or Independents. Of the 5% of Democrats voting in Ohio, 47% of them went for Santorum and only 27% went for Romney. Similar to how in Michigan, 9% of the voters were Democrats, and Santorum won 53% of their votes, compared to only 18% going to Romney. Even in Tennessee, a state Santorum won, he won the votes of Democrats at a higher percentage (41%) than Republicans or Independents (38%). Vermont's really the only state that he didn't win the votes of Democrats (of the primary states that have exit polling data available)

22. DarthLowBudget

DarthLowBudget Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 17, 2004
    There are Democrats that like the crazy bible thumper more than the mindless business drone?

23. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    There's no reason why democrats wouldn't be for Santorum over Romney.

24. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    There are Democrats who think that Santorum has the least chance of beating Obama.

I keep telling them that their overconfidence is their weakness. I just don't trust the sanity of this country's voters anymore, since both Santorum and Michele Bachmann went further from being the crazy fringe candidates they are supposed to be.

25. Kiki-Gonn

Feb 26, 2001
    I know what you're saying and nothing is certain but Santorum has far less chance than Romney of actually winning in the general. Also, the longer the primary fight goes, the better for Obama regardless of who gets the nomination because they have to burn through that much more cash and have less time to gameplan for Obama.