main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

***Official Welcome to the JC!***

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Trika_Kenobi, May 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trika_Kenobi

Trika_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 4, 1999
    Welcome to TheForce.Net's Jedi Council forums!

If you're looking for fun, you've come to the right place. The Jedi Council, or JC, is the ultimate Star Wars discussion board on the Internet. You'll find everything from debates about the Jedi and Sith to speculation about upcoming LucasFilm projects. The JC has grown into a social haven for thousands of users who come together to share their love of everything Star Wars and more. The JC is also home to sports and general science fiction discussion, among other various topics.

If you're new to online forums and message boards, take a few minutes to familiarize yourself with all that is available to you on the JC. Your stop here in Welcome New Users, or WNU, is a good start! The WNU regulars can help you find anything and everything you're looking for, and at the same time, they can answer your questions and direct you to cool threads and other users more specifically knowledgeable about topics in which you're interested.

Where do you go from here? Follow these links to help you get a good start:

Mentorship - Want to find someone to help you get used to the boards you'll visit the most? Get adopted by an older member who will hold your hand and make sure you get the information you need to become a successful JCer.

New Friends - Want to find some cool people who just like to have a good time? You can find your first friends on the JC in the welcome party, where users discuss everything under the sun; the pillow fight, where users "battle" one another in playful fun; the hug thread, where users greet you with a hug no matter how new or old you are; and the random thought social thread, where any topic can matter for a brief, random moment.

Posting Like a Pro - Want to post a reply and get familiar with the "language of the boards?" Make sure you know how to give your text styles via markup codes and practice them. Find out what unique terms and abbreviations mean in the glossary and use creative smilies to get your "emotions" across to other users.

Exploring - Want to expand your knowledge of everything to do with the JC? Learn more about specific boards in the official map.

Getting Involved - Want to understand the behind-the-scenes work that makes the JC so great? Familiarize yourself with rules and announcements and read about major decisions and goings-on in the communications board, otherwise known as Comms, where policy about the JC is created and discussed, and where moderators and administrators can post about important changes to the forums.

If you follow the advice in these threads, you'll become a valued member of the JC and be a posting expert in no time! Take the time to get to know the JC and your fellow JCers; we're all a part of a diverse community of Star Wars fans from around the world, and we're excited that you've taken the time to register and that you want to learn what it takes to be a good member of this community. Be sure to [link=http://boa

2. Jedi_Daniel

Jedi_Daniel Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 16, 2002
    Thank you for updating this and good job!

3. Trika_Kenobi

Nov 4, 1999
    Thanks a bundle. I hope it doesn't scare anyone to know that I actually have a lot of fun doing things like this. [face_mischief]

Scratch that. It actually scares me a little. :p

Thanks again. I hope this thread will be a clear, concise welcome that showcases the essentials of becoming a good JCer, including getting involved in the administrative workings of the JC, eventually.

4. TrulyGhent

TrulyGhent Jedi Master star 4

Jun 29, 2007
    [face_hypnotized] Whoa, how did this get here? =D= Good job, Trika! :D

5. Oddball_62

Oddball_62 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2007
    This is awesome, Trikes. :D Great job! =D=

6. Fel_Freak228

Fel_Freak228 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 23, 2007
    [face_laugh] Go Team WNU!!!! Great job Trika, you sound so....professional....[face_worried] :p

7. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Team WNU? Good old times... *dreams away*

Well done, Trika! :D

8. Blue_Lightsaber42

Blue_Lightsaber42 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2007
    It's ok Trikes, we're all scared...[face_worried] :p [:D]
    Great job Trika!=D=

9. silverfighter

silverfighter Jedi Knight star 4

Apr 28, 2007
    Brilliant, Trika. :D

Reading this made me sad kinda, 'cause I realized I never got a "I'm new" thread. :(

10. Cinnamon_Windu

Cinnamon_Windu Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 10, 2005
    Good idea making this sticky. :)

*thinks of the obvious joke but does not post it* O:)

11. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    This is a great thread, Trika! It explains everything that it has to and more. Great job! =D= [face_idea]

12. TrulyGhent

TrulyGhent Jedi Master star 4

Jun 29, 2007
    Who's "Team WNU"? :confused:

13. Trika_Kenobi

Nov 4, 1999
    You're looking at us, Ghenty. Everyone who posts here is a part of the welcome wagon. [face_mischief]

14. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Team WNU is a very old term, which got used in 2003 a lot. We had our own sock and even an off-board website. :)

That's why I also got confused about reading Team WNU, Trika, but I thought you meant the current regulars of WNU. ;) :p

15. Jedi_Daniel

Jedi_Daniel Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 16, 2002
    What we call the good old days, when the entire JC was actually on the top 20 largest boards on the internet list, and WNU was a lot more busy than it is today.

I really miss a lot of those people on that WNU sock.

16. Trika_Kenobi

Nov 4, 1999
    I definitely meant the current regulars, although the old term is not foreign to me. Back then, with the prequels in full swing, everything was a lot busier. :(

17. Blue_Lightsaber42

Blue_Lightsaber42 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2007
    Bah, we'll get more traffic when the new movie comes out.[face_dancing]

18. silverfighter

silverfighter Jedi Knight star 4

Apr 28, 2007
    EXACTLY what I was thinking. :p

19. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Many will arrive or come back thanks to Clone Wars; I hope. The Force must be with Us for this to occur. [face_praying] [face_praying]

20. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Oh yeah, I forgot to say...I guess I'm a part of Team WNU! Have to celebrate! =D= [face_dancing] O:)

21. -Kypster-

-Kypster- Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 1, 2008
    Hi im new here so can someone show me around? Please

22. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Hi Kyptser! Welcome aboard the WNU train to insanity.

23. silversock

silversock Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 9, 2008
    Welcome, Kypster. :)

If you need someone to show you around, go here. All the oldbies there are willing to take newbies "under their wings". :p

24. Trika_Kenobi

Nov 4, 1999
    Yes! silver's got you linked up well! Newbie adoptions will take care of you and make sure you have an experienced "oldbie" to show you around. The best way to go about getting adopted is to Private Message an available oldbie and ask them to adopt you. If you interested in something specific around the JC, PM someone who hangs around those areas and let them know you're interested in becoming his or her adoptee. :)

25. SHOWTRON

SHOWTRON Jedi Youngling

Apr 28, 2008
    Hello all.. just trying to take some time to introduce my self.. my name is Steven, I'm from Stockton California. Its like 25 minutes away from Modesto here in Northern California.. i make music (underground hip-hop or indie hip-hop either way.. ) i started listening to the force cast when i got a ipod it was a few months back, in-fact the first episode i heard is when Jimmy mac hosted.. so that might help date me. I am also a avid Halo 3 player if anyone would like to join me my gamer tag is showtr0n (the last "o" is a zero just incase) although i've been wanting to change it to Showbi Won Kenobi so if you don't read this right away it may already be changed.. if I want to post images or links do I need to know any codes or something? If so can i please be pointed in the right direction? -thanks
    Sorry if im not on the message board as much as i'd like to be
    I've got a one year old son and working ridiculous hours at my job is a must
    I hope everyone is having a good day and be safe,
    Bye

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.