main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Oldjedinurse's Portfolio: Updated March 1st - Syal Antilles Fel

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by oldjedinurse, Aug 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Your_Worshipfulness

Your_Worshipfulness Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2005
    Nabbed the 100th post! *tee hee* :D

Syal looks very lovely. Nice volume to her hair and I just like the style itself. Would it be strange to say that she comes across like a movie star to me? Maybe say, someone from the 50's era? [face_thinking] The jewellry and fur makes her look very glamourous. *shrugs* Well, that's just my thought. I too hate drawing teeth because I have such a hard time fitting them in while making them look realistic, but I'd say you don't suffer from the problem here. However, the line split of the two front teeth usually line up to the middle of the lips. On Syal, I'd say it's just a smidge too far on the right. The mini collage with her next to Soontir makes for a nice 'couple portrait'. The shading of Soontir's face particularly caught my eye, but I think that the facial features were handled well on both characters. =D=

- Suz ^_~

2. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    :eek: Didn't even notice the 100th post!

You're right about the teeth split - I didn't see that. Thanks! *reminds self to repair that*

And if you see "a movie star...someone from the 50's era" that makes me extremely happy. That's what I was going for - an aging holo star, still beautiful and glamorous, but showing signs that she's not as young as she used to be. *Sigh* Its great when even one person understands your intention when you set pencil to paper!

Thanks very much, Suz!

3. Darth_Snuggle

Darth_Snuggle Jedi Master star 2

Jun 5, 2005
    Oh that's quite nice :D I'm not familiar with the characters, but the rendering is very good. I particularly like the angle on his face and how her dark lashes make her eyes pop.

4. mMathab

mMathab Jedi Master star 1

Apr 23, 2001
    Oldjedinurse, you've been using other nicks elsewhere, if so what are they? I can't find it back in my SW Fan Art Database. Were you drawing for SWAG or something?

Please let me know

Thanks

5. oldjedinurse

Oct 6, 2003
    Thanks,D_S! These two are EU characters - we have nothing except written descriptions to go by (and those vary) - so these drawings are literally my personal vision of their appearance. Soontir Fel was the ace Imperial TIE pilot during the early Rogue Squad days, a nemesis of both Han Solo and Wedge Antilles. He married holostar Syal Antilles - Wedge's sister. I've aged them to approximate what I believe they look like in the timeframe of the current EU fiction (the Dark Nest Trilogy period, for example).

Hi, mMathab. If you mean I've been posting art under other names, the answer is no. I've never used any board except oldjedinurse (ojn or oldj). Don't know anything about SWAG, either. Sorry!

Edit: The only other place you should have seen my pieces is in BigFatty's FanArt thread. She has colored a few drawings of mine. If they are turning up anyplace else, they are being used without my permission. ..oldj

6. goddess45

goddess45 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2005
    it turned out great OJN. She looks 'picture perfect' I really like the addition of Soontir.

There's not much more i can say except thats she's beautiful and you did and awesome job!!

7. oldjedinurse

Oct 6, 2003
    Thanks again, goddess! I appreciate your help and your kind words.

oldj

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.