main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Omnibus Program: A Place for Everything?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by marvelfett11, Jan 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guy-Gone_Weird

Guy-Gone_Weird Jedi Master star 2

Jul 28, 2003
    Looks like Droids and Ewoks is next. Glad to see that finally reprinted, though I'd really like to see the UK/Pizzazz Omnibus soon.

As far as what to do next, I'm guessing the New Republic omnibus might be next. I'd love to see the Clone Wars comics collected, but I know they've been holding off so they can see what comes out of TCW and how it will affect those comics (hopefully only date changes).

I doubt Jedi vs. Sith will be collected anytime soon, since the only thing close to that now is Knight Errant, and that won't be omnibussed for some time. I suppose we could start seeing Knights of the Old Republic collected, since we're seeing Rebellion get collected now, and it's been long enough since the TPBs that they could start re-collecting them. Plus with the added popularity of TOR, a KOTOR omnibus makes sense.

I'd also like to see Tales collected, though perhaps split up into several themed omnibus collections. They could collect all the humorous/parody Tales stories with Tag & Bink in a Humor Omnibus, and collect the definite infinites Tales with the 3 Infinities adaptations as well as Visionaries in an Infinities Omnibus. Then whatever is left can be put into another omnibus.

2. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    I'm definitely getting the Droids and Ewoks omnibus, because I remember the last few issues of the Droids comic were an adaptation of ANH told from the droid's POV (I remember getting one of the issues, and being intrigued by the concept).

3. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    Those comics baffle me. A New Hope already is from the droids' point of view.

4. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    Ah, but do they show Artoo's epic battle with an acid lizard? :p

Has the Droids/Ewoks omnibus been officially announced yet? I know it's one of the ones we've been promised, but I never saw a press release...

TC

5. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    Proof? Source?

6. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    Dark Horse Comics for April 2012

7. Manisphere

Manisphere Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2007
    EDIT: Whoops. Beat me to posting the link above.

[image=http://www.rebelscum.com/comics/SWOmnibusDroidsEwoks.jpg]

8. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    Is this the only Omnibus cover so far to have "sound" effects? Those Bzzts really say everything about these two series. But they still should have used Mount Sorrow there. Just because.

Or this one:
    [image=http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100707021640/starwars/images/thumb/e/e3/MARVELEWOKS1.jpg/315px-MARVELEWOKS1.jpg]

Interesting to read these, but since I buy my SW comics in Omnibuses, I could have waited for this one a little bit longer.

9. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    Excellent! :D

Thanks, Dan and Man.

10. Plaristes

Plaristes Jedi Master star 3

Jul 2, 2007
    I'll definitely be getting the Droids and Ewoks omnibus. My only question: does it include the three Ewoks short stories from Marvel UK's Ewoks Annual?

11. BoromirsFan

BoromirsFan Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2010
    I sure do love the omnibus. Star wars has a vast trove of comics, i cannot hunt them all down!

12. jacktherack

jacktherack Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2008
    i wish they would do omnibus for kotor comics. i already have the first 2 tpbs for legacy though. i haven't read any of the kotor comics.

13. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    I'd love a KOTOR or Legacy omnibus, but I doubt that we'll get them any time soon...all the TPBs except maybe Commencement are still in print.

14. BoromirsFan

BoromirsFan Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2010
    I don't buy star wars comics because of the Omnibus....is that bad of me?

15. Guy-Gone_Weird

Guy-Gone_Weird Jedi Master star 2

Jul 28, 2003
    Personally, I don't buy the single issues at all unless it's a standalone like the Purge comics, and I only get the new series as TPBs, since they won't be put in an omnibus for a while.

16. Taral-DLOS

Taral-DLOS Jedi Master star 3

Jun 29, 2009
    Always think ahead though when buying TPBs. I did the math. Sometimes you overspend when buying TPBs. If you bought the TPB for The Old Republic: Blood of the Empire and The Old Republic: Threat of Peace, you wasted over $6 each. Same with KOTOR Volume 9.

17. leesweinberg

leesweinberg Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2008
    I'd say you wasted far more than that! Ba-dum-bum! I'll be here all week, folks!

18. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    The problem is the the comics of TOR: Threat of Peace and the second one sold very well as individual issues and then sold even more as TPB. Also, the star wars digests to include both the Adventures and Clone Wars have sold very well and are on Diamonds Top 500. Several of the Omnibuses have also done well.

Me persoanlly, I get the individual issues first becuase if you look at some of the coloring, it is usually bright in the issues but slightly off and darker in the tpb, to include the omnibuses. Petty, but nevertheless, for me it could change a scene for me.

All in all, though, lately its really been besides Marvel and DC, Image and IDW that have been bringing out good stuff. Dark Horse has languished behind on sales for the 2011 year. I'm hoping that some of the titles they are coming out with this year can boast up there sales.

I will be definitely getting the Ewok Droid omnibus. Hope that it also includes the three extra UK stories.

19. TalonCard

Jan 31, 2001
    I'm interested in seeing how the coloring is handled...I have all of the original issues, and the color quality is pretty inconsistent. I know they put a lot of work into the Marvel reprints...I wonder if Droids and Ewoks have gotten the same treatment...

TC

20. werpudel

werpudel Jedi Master star 2

Dec 4, 2008
    quick question: there already was a "Droids"-Omnibus (came out in 2008 I think). will there be different stories in the new one?

21. Cull_Tremayne

Cull_Tremayne Jedi Master star 2

Jun 27, 2005
    Yes. This Droids omnibus collects the stories from the Marvel Droids series. The previous one covered the Dark Horse Droids comics, which were a different series altogether.

This is the series that was collected in the previous omnibus.

This is the series that will be covered in the new omnibus alongside the Ewoks comics from the same time.

22. werpudel

werpudel Jedi Master star 2

Dec 4, 2008
    alright, thanks a lot!

23. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    A new interview, which tells us two things.

1) This year will have four Omnibuses
    2) The last one will be The Clone Wars: The Republic Goes to War (1 of 3)

First, allow me to give a little no for only four omnibuses this year, and then a bigger yes, I've been waiting for the Republic's Clone Wars for some time.

But I would also have been glad with the uncollected Marvel material. Unless they will have the fifth one, those will have to wait until next year.

24. TalonCard

Jan 31, 2001
    I'm a little disappointed about not seeing the miscellaneous Marvel material this year, but I suppose in a year that already has both the last Marvel reprint AND Ewoks & Droids, it might be expecting a bit much. Still looking forward to it.

I'm intrigued at this 1 of 3 thing. Does this mean there will be only three omnibuses collecting all of the Clone Wars material? Or that there will be three omnibuses covering the beginning of the war? Will we finally start to see some new dates established? Will the Clone Wars tie-ins be covered in this release, or will they wait and do those later? Hmmm...

TC

25. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Do you know if The Clone Wars omnibus is the Republic series or those few TCW comics ie. Raiders of Taloraan?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.