main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Books Comics A/V One Sentence or Less -- ANDOR (SEASON 1)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by CooperTFN, Sep 18, 2012.

1. cthugha

cthugha Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 24, 2010
    What is this, the Lit/EU spelling bee?

... actually, that could be kind of fun. (Mitth'raw'nuruodo, anyone?)

Grand Admiral Paxis likes this.
  2. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I walked into a trap. But to have my spelling corrected is nothing new to me.

3. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Spell J't'p'tan. Err, without looking at the spelling I just provided.

4. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    I was gonna make a joke about Orrimaarko, but then I had to look up the spelling myself.

5. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    Try the actual spelling of the name pronounced "Chumly-Fanshaw" - PMs only please to avoid disrupting the thread any more!

6. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    Well you're no fun.

Random Comments likes this.
  7. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    Havac wins with more than twice as many votes as his nearest competition, and peace and harmony are restored to the galaxy. Now then...

Heir to the Empire.

8. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    You thought the Empire was done for after ROTJ, but actually it just waited around for a nice round number of years for a blue, glowy-eyed Sherlock Holmes to take over and put the heroes on the back foot through nefarious plans like stealing mining equipment and trying to kidnap fetuses, which causes Leia to hide in Fortress Wookiee, Han to go recruit Successful Smuggler Han, and Luke to get accidentally kidnapped and flirt with a sexy lady who wants to kill him while they deal with Force-eating tree lizards.

9. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Thrawn, Thrawn, and not to forget, Thrawn.

10. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    The Empire Strikes Back Again... and by Thrawn, does it strike back hard.

MistrX and Plaristes like this.
  11. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    The last Imperial Grand Admiral, Mitth'raw'nuruodo, better known by his core name Thrawn, demonstrates all of the characteristics of the ideal military leader, and acquires all of necessary tools in order to seriously threaten the fledgling New Republic.

12. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Leia is expecting twins proving that a little carbonation freeze didn't harm Han Solo's goods; meanwhile the Empire led by a blue art loving Grand Admiral is causing trouble for a young New Republic; while Talon Karrde has no idea who's side is more profitable and he's hired a beautiful red head with a mysterious past who's secret mission in life is to kill Luke Skywalker.

13. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I'm guessing Jello's will be something along the lines of:

"The Emperor's pet alien admiral gets delusions of grandeur".

14. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    Zahn challenges our preconceptions about the GFFA by proving there is indeed sex in SW, the Imperials employed secret Alien Grand Admirals, tree lizards can render the Jedi obsolete, and that nothing says true love quite like wanting to kill someone.

15. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I'm guessing Jello's would be "Pellaeon reminisces about his last retreat, is eager to retreat again."

Mine:

Mara Jade wants to KILL LUKE SKYWALKER but not really and OMG have you heard there's a new Grand Admiral?!

16. cthugha

Sep 24, 2010
    Three words: Just Read It.

Random Comments and Zorrixor like this.
  17. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    The heir to the Empire strikes back at the new hope with a phantom menace and clones out of revenge for the return of the Jedi.

18. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    More like "keeps the seat warm for next year".

19. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I guess I'm just going to have to defy expectations, then.

My entry: Luke Skywalker is introduced to Mara Jade and hot chocolate, but is unsure which of the two is more likely to burn him.

20. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Timothy Zahn demonstrates that he's the only author who gives a crap about cloaking devices being consistent with TESB; Luke does the Madmartigan thing.

21. cthugha

Sep 24, 2010
    wow... it actually works...

22. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Wow, totally glossed over. :p

As for my entry:

Sherlock Holmes and Watson team up with Crazy Obi Wan Kenobi vs. the Star Wars Heroes and it's AWESOME.

RC-1991 and Grey1 like this.
  23. COMPNOR

COMPNOR Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 19, 2003
    Mysterious art aficionado/psychologist shows up at What's Left of the Empire's doorstep and causes the nascent New Republic to take a collective dump in its pants through the use of puddytat-voiced assassins and brilliant military tactics that always come that close to succeeding.

24. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    The Zahn book with the throwaway line that spawned two and a bit more books!

25. CaptainPeabody

CaptainPeabody Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jul 15, 2008
    A blue-skinned art collector returns from exile, recruits furry snakes to his cause, and singlehandedly creates the EU as we know it.