main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Only 2 there are, no more, no less"

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Hayato112, Apr 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hayato112

Hayato112 Jedi Grand Master star 1

Nov 24, 2001
    I distinctly remember Yoda saying this at the end of TPM. Now, in Clone Wars, why are there 3 sith? I am sorry if this topic already exists, I just started coming back to the boards, so please send me a link if there is already discussion on this topic.

2. DarthSithLord

DarthSithLord Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2001
    Ajja Ventress aint a Sith, shes a Dark Jedi, theres a difference, she wants to become a Sith, but she wont, obiviously.

3. Mado

Mado Jedi Master star 1

Jan 7, 2004
    Yeah, I cringed when I heard Ajja Ventress label herself a Sith.

I was very relieved when Dooku came on straight away in the next episode to shoot her delusions down.

4. Leonard_Shelby

Leonard_Shelby Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 31, 2002
    She wasn't "officially" a Sith. As she stated, she needed to defeat Anakin to "ascend" to the Sith. Now, whether or not that is truly the case, I'm not sure. I personally see the whole Asajj/Anakin thing to be an elaborate test conducted by Sidious to see who he'll tout for his new apprentice. Whoever comes out of the fight the victor will be the one that he goes after. Something tells me that he doesn't trust Dooku any further than he can throw him, so he's screening new applicants. ;)

5. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    I would like to know the differences between a Sith and a Dark Jedi. It can't be that a Dark Jedi used to be a Jedi, because Dooku's a Sith who used to be a Jedi, same With Vader. Could someone please clear this up for me?

6. ThrawnRocks

Apr 10, 2004
    sorry, clicked the "post" button twice

7. Mado

Mado Jedi Master star 1

Jan 7, 2004
    A Sith lord is a specific type of "Dark Jedi" who follows the Sith religion or Cult. There can only ever be 2 Sith, so other's who claim to be sith are usually just dark Jedi, with no sort of, affiliations.

8. DarthSithLord

Jul 12, 2001
    Well Dooku and Vader may have been Jedi at the time yes, but they also trained in the Dark Side of the Force, making them and fulfilling the No more no less than 2 rule.

A Dark Jedi is a Jedi who has just got renagade..... A Sith Lord is a person or a thing that may or may not have been part of the Jedi in the past, but they train and follow a Code they train in the Sith Art, there a Cult/Religion type deal.

Anakin and DOoku were both Dark Jedi and Sith Lord's. according to EU.

But in the movies theres no such thing as Dark Jedi, theres only Sith or Jedi. Black or White.

9. ThrawnRocks

Apr 10, 2004
    So does the "Lord" title only go to Sith?

Lord Sidous, Lord Vader, Lord Tyranous (sp?), Lord Maul (Sidous says that, right?)

Asajj must have felt that fighting Ani was he equivilent of a Jedi trial. She must not have been familiar with the 2 rule.

10. General_Rieekan

General_Rieekan Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    my understanding is that (keep in mind my EU knowledge isnt as extensive as others) Asajj was stuck on a planet and trained by a Jedi marooned there also. when the Jedi died, Asajj ended up developing a hatred for the Jedi for reasons im not remembering right now. at any rate, if she was stuck on a remote planet, then its a good chance she has no real knowledge of the way the Sith works beyond what she was taught be her Jedi instructor...

if i got any facts wrong, please someone correct me!!!

11. DarthSithLord

Jul 12, 2001
    Yes Sith are the only ones who claim the title of Darth/lord.

12. KosmicKnine

KosmicKnine Jedi Padawan star 4

May 31, 2002
    Here is my understanding of how the "Rule of Two" works for the Sith....

A Sith master trains an apprentice. The apprentice gets to the point that he wants to become the head Sith, so a power struggle between the master and the apprentice develops. At this point, it isn't uncommon for a third potential Sith to be brought into the mix. If the apprentice kills the master, he/she becomes the master and the potential becomes his/her apprentice. Meanwhile, the potential is encouraged by the master to kill the apprentice and assume the possition of apprentice to the master.

The existance of Ventress and the interest in her from Sidious and Tyranus is no different, in my opinion, than Tyranus trying to recruit Obi-Wan to help him eliminate Sidious or Vader trying to recruit Luke to eliminate Sidious or Sidious trying to recruit Luke to eliminate Vader. It's all one big series of powerplays by a master and apprentice Sith over the possition of head Sith.

13. Frank1212

Frank1212 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 16, 2001
    Assajj is basically a wannabe Sith without any knowledge of what a Sith is about. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.